Simply red ( warning dont bother )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
Last night myself and a few friends went to Simply Red restaraunt in sosua opposite the helicopter pad ,after waiting over two and a half hours for our meal they all, appart from two of the meals turned up cold after asking to speak to the owner to complain the response we got was absolutely disgusting , he said and I quote, "we are just cheap people and didnt want to pay " some of our party are here on vacation , some are residents and to have this response from the owner is totaly unnaceptable , when we asked how he was going to rectify this he said he would re heat them then the excuses started to flow,,,,,im busy,,no staff,,too larger party,,cant cope, and when some of our party asked about the bill he turned his back on us and walked away saying speak to my wife,which isnt easy when she cant understand english,, after finishing our drinks we went to speak to the owner at the serving hatch and as soon as he saw us, he said " whats your problem now " at that point I told him I would post a tread on DR1 and he said " I dont care do what you want " but I would just like to say that we all paid our bills in full before we left but with NO tips,,,,,,,SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING TO SIMPLY RED I WOULD'NT BOTHER THE SERVICE IS CRAP, THE FOOD IS COLD ,AND THE MANAGEMENT DONT GIVE A TOSS

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Well, we were thinking of going there, but now we won't. Even if your experience was an exception - why take the chance? Thanks.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
The first time we waited 2 hours for our food but we thought we would give it a second chance, " no more chances anymore im afraid "

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I imagine the owner invested a ton of money to get the place up and running.

It appears he hasn't a clue in how to treat customers. If that's the case he'll fail and lose his investment.

I support small businesses in my neighborhood in Santo Tap?n. If they treat me disrepectfully or try to screw me once I blacklist them and don't look back.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Last night myself and a few friends went to Simply Red restaraunt in sosua opposite the helicopter pad ,after waiting over two and a half hours for our meal they all, appart from two of the meals turned up cold after asking to speak to the owner to complain the response we got was absolutely disgusting , he said and I quote, "we are just cheap people and didnt want to pay " some of our party are here on vacation , some are residents and to have this response from the owner is totaly unnaceptable , when we asked how he was going to rectify this he said he would re heat them then the excuses started to flow,,,,,im busy,,no staff,,too larger party,,cant cope, and when some of our party asked about the bill he turned his back on us and walked away saying speak to my wife,which isnt easy when she cant understand english,, after finishing our drinks we went to speak to the owner at the serving hatch and as soon as he saw us, he said " whats your problem now " at that point I told him I would post a tread on DR1 and he said " I dont care do what you want " but I would just like to say that we all paid our bills in full before we left but with NO tips,,,,,,,SO IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING TO SIMPLY RED I WOULD'NT BOTHER THE SERVICE IS CRAP, THE FOOD IS COLD ,AND THE MANAGEMENT DONT GIVE A TOSS

What was the point of starting a new thread to 'knock' Simply Red when there was already a previous one up and running to post your dissatisfaction at their appalling customer service display last evening?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
If its true any publicity is good publicity haven't we given this restaurant enough free ads through the two threads? Moderators if they are advertisers maybe the two threads could be closed?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If its true any publicity is good publicity haven't we given this restaurant enough free ads through the two threads? Moderators if they are advertisers maybe the two threads could be closed?

The moderators can close one thread, but why close it completely? The object of DR1 is to inform people about the DR, whether it is good, bad, or indifferent.

Closing this is ridiculous. Some of us live in the area and welcome the information, good or bad.

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I can't merge them because the other thread is not in my forum, so will send to North Coast so that the moderator can decide.

Generally, the problem with these threads is that we can't always establish whether the OP has an agenda - the same way as with glowing reviews.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
I am fairly new to how this works ,,I do not have a hidden agenda, like I said we went to Simply Red its the second time we have been there and I just wanted to warn people of the bad service, poor food and lack of respect to his customers, as paying customer I feel it only fair to give people the chance not to waste thier money and time in eating in a place that doesent care about how it treats it customers,,,,,,,,When i posted this I wasnt aware there was another post but i dont think this warrents removing my origional post as it was put up to advise and warn others about what happened

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am fairly new to how this works ,,I do not have a hidden agenda, like I said we went to Simply Red its the second time we have been there and I just wanted to warn people of the bad service, poor food and lack of respect to his customers, as paying customer I feel it only fair to give people the chance not to waste thier money and time in eating in a place that doesent care about how it treats it customers,,,,,,,,When i posted this I wasnt aware there was another post but i dont think this warrents removing my origional post as it was put up to advise and warn others about what happened

I assume you were dining with jrhartley, as he had posted on the other thread about this.

web

Nov 5, 2005
I had carry out there once and waited forever and was the only person in the place. After I got it home was not impressed. Did anyone mention the prices? I mean like 240 pesos for Garlic Bread? 240 pesos for Pan con Ajo, ridiculous.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The appears to be genuine, so I have no problems with it.
OP has been on the board for a while and other posters have had similar experiences.

Like any business, sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth, it's how you respond that ultimately decides your fate online.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
where is the other post i cant seem to find it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the price of the meal wasnt the issue as we was out in a party of friends, the point i am making was the lack of good service and customer relations

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you go to new posts and get an up date of posts within the period of your choice - it should show all recent posts

calverde

Dec 22, 2009
"...and I just wanted to warn people of the bad service, poor food and lack of respect to his customers"

bad service, poor food, no respect to customer...? unfortunately most food establishments here on the island will usually have at least 2 of these 3 common complaints MOST of the time, if not all 3.

Poor food - that's a given as far as my spoiled taste buds are concerned. Bad service - normal. lack of respect - sad but true.

Nothing new, biz as usual. ALL BUSINESS OWNERS TAKE NOTE !!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
"...and I just wanted to warn people of the bad service, poor food and lack of respect to his customers"

bad service, poor food, no respect to customer...? unfortunately most food establishments here on the island will usually have at least 2 of these 3 common complaints MOST of the time, if not all 3.

Poor food - that's a given as far as my spoiled taste buds are concerned. Bad service - normal. lack of respect - sad but true.

Rubbish statement............ you need to get out more grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009

It is only in Sosua. Where businesses are spoiled with easy tourist money and huge overinflated prices.

To experience a difference go to Boca Chica and eat at GUSTO or ITALY-ITALY or BOCA MARINA. You`ll get prices two times lower than in Bologna and Bailys and Italian quality ten times higher. Super delicious big garlic pasta $120 RD, out of this world pasta mariscos - $240RD. And nobody even mentiones those "law" or "legal" 16% and 10%. It seems that 16%+10% law was adopted for Sosua only.

Greed and astronomical Sosua prices are killing this place. Doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.