Simply red ( warning dont bother )

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It is only in Sosua. Where businesses are spoiled with easy tourist money and huge overinflated prices.

To experience a difference go to Boca Chica and eat at GUSTO or ITALY-ITALY or BOCA MARINA. You`ll get prices two times lower than in Bologna and Bailys and Italian quality ten times higher. Super delicious big garlic pasta $120 RD, out of this world pasta mariscos - $240RD. And nobody even mentiones those "law" or "legal" 16% and 10%. It seems that 16%+10% law was adopted for Sosua only.

Greed and astronomical Sosua prices are killing this place. Doomed.

Then please, don't bother to visit Sosua!!!

Last edited:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Maybe it's just the Easter holidays that's bringing out all the bad.

We have been forced to eat out quite a lot recently due to having our kitchen remodelled, and I have noticed that the quality seems to have dropped off at a number of establishments.

Wednesday evening, Pomodoro Italian, Cabarete beach. Service - bad, with real attitude, speed - diabolical (nearly an hour wait for two pizzas and one pasta dish), food quality - good.

Thursday evening, one of our favourites for great service and atmosphere, El Choco. Service - great (as usual), speed - good, food quality - below usual par. The fish was not fresh.

Today, lunch at Arsenio's at Hidaway beach. Great place for lunch with the tables out on the lawn watching the surfers. Service - great, speed - great, food quality - not so good. My burger didn't have very much taste and the bun was stale.

Although a new favourite of ours has to be the Waterfront in Sosua. Great ambience, great service, fair prices and wonderful food.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Remind us again why you live here?

B`cause I have an appt and many friends here.

You hostility is difficult to explain.

Do you own a restaurante in Sosua? Those who tell the truth are so much hated here! Sad.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
B`cause I have an appt and many friends here.

You hostility is difficult to explain.

Do you own a restaurante in Sosua? Those who tell the truth are so much hated here! Sad.

The problem is, you don't have anything good to say about anything!

Tell us what you like about Sosua, now that would be a revelation :)

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
The problem is, you don't have anything good to say about anything!

Tell us what you like about Sosua, now that would be a revelation :)

I like beach when there is not much garbage on it.

I like relaxed atmosphere.

I like weather in Oct-December and in March-April.

I hate crime against expats and tourists. And I hate the current galloping price escalation.

I think - very natural human feelings. Both likes and dislikes.

Hatred from some posters to me seems unexplainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.