Good Mediterranean restaurant in PP

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Great Mediterranean restaurant in PP next to Porto Fino on the road from the couthouse to the malacon. It is called Yasmin-Grill. Most authentic food I have seen here and very good prices. We will be back again and again.

Bob K

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
bob... just for info / comparison to Punta Cana prices.... could you give an idea of cost... even ball park average would be interesting to hear. Maybe like... entres average $xx.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
falafel does not come to mind in the subject of mediterranean food. and i know that geographically it is :)
but the place sounds good so i am happy to give it a try one day.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Here is some idea of prices.
Shawarma platter (huge) 325RD
Shawarma sandwich (pita bread) 185RD
Falafel platter 250RD
Falafel sandwich (pita bread) 140RD
Pollo Shishkebab 325RD
Hummus (as good as my wife's and that is pretty damn good) 140RD
Baba Genouch 140RD

And lots more.

Bob K

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
main-pic.jpg

shawarma-2.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Jejeejejeje, next time we are in POP, we are going to try this one out. Have already several times driven by it but never had the time to stop but next time we will!

Jan 22, 2010
I retire my positive comments...

When you go there and a ask the shoarma and owner is not there...forget to have the dish.

I waited 45 minutes and after 20 minutes a smell of burnt chicken and waited and waited and had to leave...hungry without mt favourite meal

T.E.

monique12

Jan 9, 2010
I had the weirdest experience there. Got the menu. Didn't see anything 'mediterranean.' Asked the waitress about it and she brought another menu. Same menu, but in English. When we asked again, she said we had to ASK for the mediterranean menu. I thought a menu is a menu is a menu!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had the weirdest experience there. Got the menu. Didn't see anything 'mediterranean.' Asked the waitress about it and she brought another menu. Same menu, but in English. When we asked again, she said we had to ASK for the mediterranean menu. I thought a menu is a menu is a menu!

And after that? Keep in mind I am making a joke here, but I thought a review is a review is a review?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
That has to be the best looking food pick I have ever seen on dr1 . Israely food , not bad are there meany Jews in the dr ? If so you got a winner . I work with a israely deck hand that kid puts hummus on his frute loops . Lol

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
. Israely food , not bad are there meany Jews in the dr ? If so you got a winner . I work with a israely deck hand that kid puts hummus on his frute loops . Lol
Sort of limiting when you call it "Isrealy food" eaten by Jews. More accurate to call this food Middle Eastern. Middle Eastern food is consumed by all religions with some variations from culture to culture. BTW, Dominican Quipes were brought to the DR as Kibbe from Lebanon.

patrikim

May 5, 2004
Sort of limiting when you call it "Isrealy food" eaten by Jews. More accurate to call this food Middle Eastern. Middle Eastern food is consumed by all religions with some variations from culture to culture. BTW, Dominican Quipes were brought to the DR as Kibbe from Lebanon.

as opposed to "Jewish food" which is usually some variation of eastern European cuisine, (russian, polish, etc.)
the term Israeli food is usually used for Arab / Middle Eastern / Mediterranean food..... of the falafel, shawarma, and hummus variety. that's true in most cities in the world, as well as in POP....
Monique and exterminator - thanks for letting me know ! we try,and will keep on trying to improve our food and our service!

Last edited:

patrikim

May 5, 2004

you win !!!
just change the wording on the banner to "middle eastern food" to avoid confusion and to save myself from having to explain...
Restaurants Puerto Plata | Nice People Networking
now all that's left is for ya'all to come down and give it a try.
dori.

victoria stiles

Aug 16, 2011
If you have just started following the Mediterranean way of eating, then you must already be enjoying better health. These are the things that you can keep in mind when you visit a restaurant with Mediterranean diet menus. Just stick to your plan and you will soon be able to achieve your goals of losing weight and attaining better physical fitness for a higher quality of life.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Raul and were looking for a lunch spot when we were in POP in June and noticed that Yasmin place. I really wanted to try it but his cousin owns the place right across the street and we popped in for a visit. I ended up having a club sandwich and wishing it was a gyro...LOL