New Police Commander Crackinng Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The newly appointed commander of the National Police, Brigadier General Roberto Almonte Morales has intensified the checks on law violations. Now there are more frequent checks in the neighborhoods and the patrolling officers search suspects preventively. With such controls several offenders have been arrested. At searching suspected houses and cars, drugs and weapons were found. Also, traffic offenders are severely dealt with recently. The residents of the neighborhoods (including Charamicos and La Piedra) are very pleased with this strong action by the police because they feel safer walking the streets.

The commander of the National Police promised to them that the police will continue in the future with tighter policy.

Feb 7, 2007
"Also, traffic offenders are severely dealt with recently." what does that mean? Quiet a bad piece of journalism (as always in the DR) leaving off important details.

Does "severe dealing with" mean more fines and citations, or does that mean beating and arrests of people who run the red light? And btw isn't traffic issues the domain of AMET rather than PN?

Dec 21, 2008
I find the reporting (grammar) in Sosua News terrible. If you are going to report in English, at least report with proper grammar. If the reporter can't do it, perhaps he/she/they should have someone edit for them.

:speechles

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
"Also, traffic offenders are severely dealt with recently." what does that mean? Quiet a bad piece of journalism (as always in the DR) leaving off important details.

Does "severe dealing with" mean more fines and citations, or does that mean beating and arrests of people who run the red light? And btw isn't traffic issues the domain of AMET rather than PN?
Just witnessed a Politur guy stop a car that was going the wrong way on Pedro Clisante. Made him back up and turn around. Impressed I was. A first in Sosua.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

Might it mean those who "traffic" in drugs?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just witnessed a Politur guy stop a car that was going the wrong way on Pedro Clisante. Made him back up and turn around. Impressed I was. A first in Sosua.

When we see a moto pulled up for going the wrong way then we can really be impressed. That is what I would love to see. Anywhere in the DR, not just Sosua.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Belmont, ctrob, it's traffic violators. Traffic offenders is the literal translation of the Dutch "verkeersovertreders". So nothing to do with drugs.

But the reporter probably wasn't Dutch. And the paragraph was about drug users. I'm gonna stick with Drugs.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It appears the nit pickers and grammar police are on the job.

It is the thought that counts, not the language used by persons very likely writing in a second language.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

That certainly is good news. Thanks for reporting it.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
:glasses:
Belmont, ctrob, it's traffic violators. Traffic offenders is the literal translation of the Dutch "verkeersovertreders". So nothing to do with drugs.
I didn't realize that Brigadier General Roberto Almonte Morales gave his statement in Dutch.:glasses:

We all know he meant Drug Traffic so stop acting like a moron. Now we even for your previous comments to me

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I find the reporting (grammar) in Sosua News terrible. If you are going to report in English, at least report with proper grammar. If the reporter can't do it, perhaps he/she/they should have someone edit for them.

:speechles

If you don't like it, don't read it.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
All will improve with the hard hand of la enforecment until the left wingers cry about the force used by police. It is a vicious cycle in the DR..clean up the cities, but not too hard, we have to protect the criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.