Episode HHINT-3907H

Tune In
June 08, 2012
10:30 PM e/p

June 08, 2012
1:30 AM e/p

July 27, 2012
7:30 PM e/p

While in Haiti, Cheryl and Laurens adopted twin sisters to add to their family of five. The decision to leave Haiti and move back to Ontario, Canada was tough for Cheryl and Laurens, so they've decided to buy a second home in the Dominican. A second home is also the perfect escape to those cold Canadian winters. Will Cheryl and Laurens find the perfect home to accommodate their growing family? Find out when House Hunters International goes to Caberete, Dominican Republic.

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Canadians Move to Cabarete
Episode HHINT-3907H

Tune In
June 08, 2012
10:30 PM e/p

June 08, 2012
1:30 AM e/p

July 27, 2012
7:30 PM e/p

While in Haiti, Cheryl and Laurens adopted twin sisters to add to their family of five. The decision to leave Haiti and move back to Ontario, Canada was tough for Cheryl and Laurens, so they've decided to buy a second home in the Dominican. A second home is also the perfect escape to those cold Canadian winters. Will Cheryl and Laurens find the perfect home to accommodate their growing family? Find out when House Hunters International goes to Caberete, Dominican Republic.

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Good to see you back here again Frito !!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
they had a whole bunch from a couple of years ago. I thought they weren't making any more there. I have them all saved on my DVR. LOL

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~WW we were dealing with Jennifer , however she was the International Casting director...they had interest in shooting our new condo purchase last year, however we declined, we did not want any unwanted attention being drawn to us or our condo....we had heard of one episode in Las Terrinas where they drew so much attention to how nicely they had decorated and they were robbed not once...but twice!!! We didnt want that....

We love watching the show, and I hope everyone remains safe and there belongings sound in their locations!!!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
~WW we were dealing with Jennifer , however she was the International Casting director...they had interest in shooting our new condo purchase last year, however we declined, we did not want any unwanted attention being drawn to us or our condo....we had heard of one episode in Las Terrinas where they drew so much attention to how nicely they had decorated and they were robbed not once...but twice!!! We didnt want that....

We love watching the show, and I hope everyone remains safe and there belongings sound in their locations!!!

Robbers watch House Hunters International ?? :surprised

Love the show too !!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Holly was our contact but we sort of blew the audition.
My wife did , really.

I hadn't considered the sinister side of televising your home.
That's a story, for sure.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
How does it work? I hear most people have already selected a home, and then go looking for other "options" for TV purposes.

Aug 21, 2007
I wish I still had the email with their parameters for prospective sellers/buyers for their episodes. Perhaps WW has this information. They have an optimum age range....which I didn't fall into and puzzled me then why I was even approached. You have to send a photo......I guess you must look pretty for the camera. You have to have bought your home within the past 2 years..(so they feature home buyers AFTER the fact.) The show presents people shopping for a home, but actually they already bought their home and are just faking the shopping part, I suppose. And, I had bought my home 3 years prior, not 2. You have to write a short essay of your history. So, I guess you must have an interesting story as well.

It was all a bit too fake for me, since I didn't fit their model, anyway. And I didn't need strangers, producers, and camera people traipsing through my beloved home and intruding on my privacy.

So that was my very brief experience.

Lindsey

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What does HGTV offer to the couples/families they profile in these episodes?

How much [ballpark] are they paid?

Or do people do it just to be on TV?

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Good to see you back here again Frito !!!

Thanks, I just returned from my 6 week trip to the Philippines a short while ago.

Both the Philippines and the DR have their advantages and disadvantages, but what I will say is that the DR is far more scenic and less polluted than the PI.

Most rivers that I saw, that ran through communities on the island of Luzon, were nothing more than conduits for raw sewage......went to Subic Bay and you could see the oil slick on the water.....no way I would ever swim there....Sosua Beach is exponentially far and above better than Subic Bay.........and Sosua Beach is just mediocre when compared to some other beaches in the DR, especially when compared to Samana........

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
What does HGTV offer to the couples/families they profile in these episodes?

How much [ballpark] are they paid?

Or do people do it just to be on TV?

AE, our agent would have been paid $500.00 and we would have been compensated $1500.00 for out of pocket expenses...this would have barely covered our plane fare, and you have to sign your life away as well!!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE, our agent would have been paid $500.00 and we would have been compensated $1500.00 for out of pocket expenses...this would have barely covered our plane fare, and you have to sign your life away as well!!!

Cheapskates!!!!

Here I was thinking it was like those shows where people get whole new kitchens, baths, family rooms etc. in exchange for losing their privacy.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Cheapskates!!!!

Here I was thinking it was like those shows where people get whole new kitchens, baths, family rooms etc. in exchange for losing their privacy.

~You've got that right, they would get their ratings and we would get the ridicule!!!....thanks but no thanks I will keep my privacy, had that invaded once and that was enough for a life time!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wish I still had the email with their parameters for prospective sellers/buyers for their episodes. Perhaps WW has this information. They have an optimum age range....which I didn't fall into and puzzled me then why I was even approached. You have to send a photo......I guess you must look pretty for the camera. You have to have bought your home within the past 2 years..(so they feature home buyers AFTER the fact.) The show presents people shopping for a home, but actually they already bought their home and are just faking the shopping part, I suppose. And, I had bought my home 3 years prior, not 2. You have to write a short essay of your history. So, I guess you must have an interesting story as well.

It was all a bit too fake for me, since I didn't fit their model, anyway. And I didn't need strangers, producers, and camera people traipsing through my beloved home and intruding on my privacy.

So that was my very brief experience.

Lindsey

LK,
We were referred by a friend b/c HHI was looking to showcase a 'green' property.
We had to submit a video audition - flopped the first one, but got the second.

Our submission got all the way to the final stage but , of course, ours was a total scam b/c we never house hunted - we just built.
The higher ups figured this out and bagged us.

It was fun dealing with Hollywood.

Our first video deteriorated rapidly when we tried to cure my wife's camera shyness with liquid courage by Brugal.
The camera was pointed mostly at our feet as we doubled over in laughter.
A real debacle......... but great fun !!:D

Heck, I would have paid them