House Hunters International_Canadians Move to Cabarete_June 8

Randy T

Nov 13, 2011
Thanks, I just returned from my 6 week trip to the Philippines a short while ago.

Both the Philippines and the DR have their advantages and disadvantages, but what I will say is that the DR is far more scenic and less polluted than the PI.

Most rivers that I saw, that ran through communities on the island of Luzon, were nothing more than conduits for raw sewage......went to Subic Bay and you could see the oil slick on the water.....no way I would ever swim there....Sosua Beach is exponentially far and above better than Subic Bay.........and Sosua Beach is just mediocre when compared to some other beaches in the DR, especially when compared to Samana........

Good to see you back also Frito, i have enjoyed your comments and opinionated inputs in the past here on the forum.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your 6 weeks in the Philipines. I havent been YET but I hope to. I have been to Thailand and it sure is cheap. Yep the place is hot and bustly but there is a whole lot to do in the evenings and the beer sure is cold. I was able to get myself some company for the whole night for about 40 bucks. The beers were less than a buck each and I love spicy food. The girls can speak english quite good but lets just say they didnt need to speak so much with me around :)

currently in Sosua now if you are about for a few beers? Ill be heading to CMP or Passions later

cheers
Randy

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Good to see you back also Frito, i have enjoyed your comments and opinionated inputs in the past here on the forum.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your 6 weeks in the Philipines. I havent been YET but I hope to. I have been to Thailand and it sure is cheap. Yep the place is hot and bustly but there is a whole lot to do in the evenings and the beer sure is cold. I was able to get myself some company for the whole night for about 40 bucks. The beers were less than a buck each and I love spicy food. The girls can speak english quite good but lets just say they didnt need to speak so much with me around :)

currently in Sosua now if you are about for a few beers? Ill be heading to CMP or Passions later

cheers
Randy

Your the guy who insisted you were not a monger and your going to CMP and Passions as well as paying 40 dollars for 'company' in Thailand ha ha ha im actually laughing out loud for real

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Hi,

Sorry, I don't plan on coming back to the DR anytime soon. My next trip will be a return to the Philippines for 45 days in September.

Nice thing about the Philippines is that everyone there speaks English to some degree......no language barrier as is often the case in the DR.

I don't really care for a particular kind of tourist that has been coming to Sosua, in ever increasing numbers, over the past few years.....thus, I'll take my vacations somewhere else.........

FB

cheers
Randy