New! Triple Twister waterslide at Ocean World Adventure Park

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
This slide will be operational this weekend, subject to testing Wednesday and Thursday!

1xmch.jpg

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The view from the top is breathtaking:

2lkw51f.jpg

Ocean World's dolphin lagoon is the largest man-made dolphin lagoon in the world, at around 12million gallons

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
From the top of the tower you get a good view of Playa Cofresi (with the Hacienda Lifestyle Resorts incl. Cofresi Palms - the old Sun Village, which is now running specials for residents)

hsw202.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
from the pictures it looks like the ride ends in a narrow drain? i mean, you do not drop into the water, right, like a poll or a lagoon? i see myself flung into the air and then ending in a short splash on cement. but that's ok, because i will be dead from fear well before that :)

looks like fun. will be a part of standard entry price or additional fee?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The slides do not end in the lagoon, due to considerations for the animals. So they will end in a splashy 'landing lane' or 'water brake.'

The cost will be an extra RD$300 per day for residents (cedula required) or US$10 for international visitors. Unlimited use for that day.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know the feeling, barbie :) should it end in a pool i would feel way better, water is kinda soft. but the idea of being catapulted down the twisted pipe and ending up in a narrow landing lane at high speed? that can only end in concussion :)
but heck, i once slipped on a path coming home and ended up in an emergency room with a piece of brick sticking out of my forehead.

but i shall pass it further. we have a bunch of visitors coming in november, they will love it :)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The kids here are so excited about trying it out. Me, well I don't think so. Well maybe after a wine or two.:nervous:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
i the idea of being catapulted down the twisted pipe and ending up in a narrow landing lane at high speed? that can only end in concussion

Kaskada Water Park in Santiago has the Troughs. I'm a big guy, so I pick up a lot of speed going down these things but the "trough" at the bottom works great. The only problem is keeping my shorts in the proper place when I hit the bottom. I have to check everything before standing up.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know it's safe. only that it makes me scared even more! plus i have more than bikini bottoms to worry about, i am pretty sure the person behind me will arrive wearing my bikini top as a hat...

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
i know it's safe. only that it makes me scared even more! plus i have more than bikini bottoms to worry about, i am pretty sure the person behind me will arrive wearing my bikini top as a hat...

Or wearing it as sunglasses!:)

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The kids here are so excited about trying it out. Me, well I don't think so. Well maybe after a wine or two.:nervous:

I like this, there's nothing better than seeing a drunk person around a swimming poll. What with kids bumping into him and him slipping on wet surfaces, it's just hilarious!!!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I heard that, if you fly out, you end up in the sharktank...

Looks like fun, though...

Congrats.

BelgianK