Ayn Bran cereal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
you are on a roll today. by the way, the replacement keyboard will be 200 pesos. CaribePak will do fine, thank you.

He's on something, I'll agree with that. Those that don't understand something tend trivialize it.
She wrote "Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.
"Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.
"Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.
“Racism,” The Virtue of Selfishness, 126.
and:

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Correct.

To claim "objectivism" at 20 is predictable. To claim "objectivism" at 60 is plain idiocy.

Can you give us " your " definition of objectivism? I have no problem with you disagreeing with anything Ms Rand said. I disagree with much of it myself, but at least present facts.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He's on something, I'll agree with that. Those that don't understand something tend trivialize it.
She wrote "Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.
"Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.
"Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.
“Racism,” The Virtue of Selfishness, 126.
and:

actually, saunders, i am not going to get into some long winded rebuttals regarding Ayn Rand, and her viewpoints. i have one simple perception regarding her views, and this is it. the dictionary suggests that altruism is characterized by an act, or set of acts, that a person does for others, at his own peril. i merely suggest that all those guys who claim to be disciples of Ayn Rand, or who claim that she agrees with them , will be the first people to hope that the lifeguard jumps into the water to help save their drowning kid, even if the currents are treacherous, and the lifeguard might be putting his own life at risk. nuff said.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
actually, saunders, i am not going to get into some long winded rebuttals regarding Ayn Rand, and her viewpoints. i have one simple perception regarding her views, and this is it. the dictionary suggests that altruism is characterized by an act, or set of acts, that a person does for others, at his own peril. i merely suggest that all those guys who claim to be disciples of Ayn Rand, or who claim that she agrees with them , will be the first people to hope that the lifeguard jumps into the water to help save their drowning kid, even if the currents are treacherous, and the lifeguard might be putting his own life at risk. nuff said.

Who asked you, unless you are Lucifer's alterego. I'm not one of her disciples, in fact, she wouldn't have wanted disciples, and you are another that misunderstands her reasoning. The video accusers her of being racist when she wasn't. It deserves a rebuttal.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Here's this gem, from her essay "Racism":

"Observe the hysterical intensity of the Southern racists; observe also that racism is much more prevalent among the poor white trash than among their intellectual betters."

How nice of you, Ayn baby?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

"Observe the hysterical intensity of the Southern racists; observe also that racism is much more prevalent among the poor white trash than among their intellectual betters."

Being non-PC was one of her traits.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You've never read Rand since your characterization of HER definition of altruism is completely incorrect.

Do some research, gorgon.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Bentot, she also said:

Ayn Rand said:
Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form of collectivism. It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man’s genetic lineage—the notion that a man’s intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry. Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.

Racism claims that the content of a man’s mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man’s convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical factors beyond his control. This is the caveman’s version of the doctrine of innate ideas—or of inherited knowledge—which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science. Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men.

Like every form of determinism, racism invalidates the specific attribute which distinguishes man from all other living species: his rational faculty. Racism negates two aspects of man’s life: reason and choice, or mind and morality, replacing them with chemical predestination.

Yeah, she's such a racist.

:rolleyes:

Not only bad snark, Bentot, but selectively inaccurate contextual snark.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Who asked you, unless you are Lucifer's alterego. I'm not one of her disciples, in fact, she wouldn't have wanted disciples, and you are another that misunderstands her reasoning. The video accusers her of being racist when she wasn't. It deserves a rebuttal.

who asked me? if memory, or vision, serves me right, you are the one who came with some long winded response to a posting i addressed to Lucifer. as a matter of fact, all i said was that he was on a roll, and you came firing back. you do not get this thing too well, saunders. you and your boys might think they can bully and run roughshod over the entire board. scratch me off that list. maybe one day they will ban me permanently from the site, but that day will come long before i knuckle under to you and the other gangsta posters in this site. you got the wrong guy.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
who asked me? if memory, or vision, serves me right, you are the one who came with some long winded response to a posting i addressed to Lucifer. as a matter of fact, all i said was that he was on a roll, and you came firing back. you do not get this thing too well, saunders. you and your boys might think they can bully and run roughshod over the entire board. scratch me off that list. maybe one day they will ban me permanently from the site, but that day will come long before i knuckle under to you and the other gangsta posters in this site. you got the wrong guy.

Such verbal diarrhea is not becoming of a refined gentleman such as yourself, and that's Saunders with a capital. What's a gangsta, is that like a HR? Do you have anything of vale to say about the falseness of the video which I'm sure somebody though they were being clever in creating. Amazing how this woman has got inside the heads of so many people.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Such verbal diarrhea is not becoming of a refined gentleman such as yourself, and that's Saunders with a capital. What's a gangsta, is that like a HR? Do you have anything of vale to say about the falseness of the video which I'm sure somebody though they were being clever in creating. Amazing how this woman has got inside the heads of so many people.

first of all, i am not here for either an inquisition , nor interrogation. i made absolutely no value judgements on anything, least of all the film, or video. i said 5 words 'your'e on a roll today". nothing more, nothing less. then, in you come, like some roughneck, giving me a dressing down. as i said, you do not get it. you and your posse might terrify some. i am not on that list.

Dec 26, 2011
What's really funny is the defensiveness. The Jarabacoan Crusaders claim not to be disciples of the woman, but just a cursory glance at this thread tells a very different story.

Dec 26, 2011

Which part, in particular, do you characterize as "verbal diarrhea"?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

saunders, when you decide to act like an adult, i will spell your name with a capital S. as long as you elect to act like a tough in search of a fight, i will react, accordingly. ever since i have been back on this forum, it appears that you and cobraboy have been looking to start a fight. i am here, whenever you need me. as Doc Holliday said "I'm your huckleberry". i have no problems that i need resolving by confronting others with testosterone. i can deal with you on a man to man level, or i can war with you when you decide to speak condescendingly to me. the choice is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.