Govt. to resume annual car inspections

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
From Dominican Today website:

The government of the Dominican Republic on Tuesday announced it will resume the annual inspections known as the "revista" for all vehicles nationwide, the same day a leading newspaper?s editorial called the measure a "farce."

The Public Works Ministry?s Road Traffic Dept. (DGTT) said starting Monday July 15, more than three million motor vehicles will need to be inspected, whose owners have until December 31 to comply.

?The ?revista? has been converted into a farce by the authorities themselves, who don?t force the drivers of public vehicles to undergo a true inspection of their rickety vehicles, which wouldn?t pass any test,? newspaper Diario Libre said in its editorial.

DGTT director Luis Estrella said vehicle inspections will resume at the Quisqueya Stadium and Carlos Teo Cruz Boxing Coliseum in the capital and the agency's regional offices in the interior, from 8am to 5pm.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
From Dominican Today website:

The government of the Dominican Republic on Tuesday announced it will resume the annual inspections known as the "revista" for all vehicles nationwide, the same day a leading newspaper’s editorial called the measure a "farce."

The Public Works Ministry’s Road Traffic Dept. (DGTT) said starting Monday July 15, more than three million motor vehicles will need to be inspected, whose owners have until December 31 to comply.

“The ‘revista’ has been converted into a farce by the authorities themselves, who don’t force the drivers of public vehicles to undergo a true inspection of their rickety vehicles, which wouldn’t pass any test,” newspaper Diario Libre said in its editorial.

DGTT director Luis Estrella said vehicle inspections will resume at the Quisqueya Stadium and Carlos Teo Cruz Boxing Coliseum in the capital and the agency's regional offices in the interior, from 8am to 5pm.

you thought you had already seen bribery and corruption? NOT!!

wait till this kicks in. Holy Moses! 75% of cars in this country cannot pass any semblance of inspection, so watch the fun fly!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
LOL, this will never happen !
Never say never. He he

Every time someone says this, I'm reminded of the Metro. Aaaah, the good old days!

But, but, but... they can't build a tunnel with those machines....

But, but, but... the Metro will not run smoothly with rolling blackouts...

But, but, but... the Metro will lie useless and completely corroded in a couple of years...

But, but, but... the people will not like the Metro and will not support this...

But, but, but... the Metro will hardly carry anyone anywhere and will not solve a single thing...

But, but, but... it will never happen...

OK, whatever you say DR1ers....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Never say never. He he

Every time someone says this, I'm reminded of the Metro. Aaaah, the good old days!

But, but, but... the Metro will lie useless and completely corroded in a couple of years...

But, but, but... the people will not like the Metro and will not support this...

But, but, but... the Metro will hardly carry anyone anywhere and will not solve a single thing...

this is easy. it will just be bribe city. or, the standards will be so low, it will not be worth it. what is going to happen when 75% of the vehicles fail?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is the Metro a success? I have no idea, I avoid Santo Domingo like the plague.

As for a car ever failing a test for a revista, that is a horse of another color.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
I never heard about any car failed a revista test. Maybe because there is no test? :) The only test I remember is that the guy cleaning the windshield for the new sticker asked for 50 pesos tip.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Cheap, cost me a 100peso to make the cracked windshield go away.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It could be a good measure to get rid of the conchos and finally put on the streets those real buses that are rotting in that lot on Av Kennedy.
Conchos must go before even a hint of civilized transportation, public and private, can be seen.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Last night I was stuck in a hell of traffic on Av. Charles de Gaulle in SD (de aquel lao). After some good 10 minutes of complete standstill, conchos started to falter. Open hoods everywhere, and the jam got much worse. A few minutes later, an OMSA bus breaks down too, hell got hotter. What could have been a 1-hour traffic jam caused by heavy rain, became a 5-hour traffic hell because of so many broken down cars.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I never heard about any car failed a revista test. Maybe because there is no test? :) The only test I remember is that the guy cleaning the windshield for the new sticker asked for 50 pesos tip.
I remember the only thing you need to make sure is that you borrow a 'botiquin' from someone, while you would fail the test if you don't have it.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I remember the only thing you need to make sure is that you borrow a 'botiquin' from someone, while you would fail the test if you don't have it.

Don't forget the emergency triangle. You will fail if you don't have that, too... :p

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Never say never. He he

If only all the contractors got paid in full for their work in the metro my buddy dug all those tunnels!

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I used to get my revista from one of the Amet cops for like 250 pesos never ever got my vehicle inspected .

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I used to get my revista from one of the Amet cops for like 250 pesos never ever got my vehicle inspected .

The cost was only $45 and you could get it at any Banreservas office. Inspection was suspended a few years ago, only the payment was required.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I doubt this ill happen just like the 1% for you vehicle tax was cancelled anyway it will just be another chance to pay under the table because the some of vehicles I see will never pass inspection

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Get Your "Revista" Right Here!
"Get Your "Revista" right Here"!
"Step Right Up"!
"Step Right Up"!
"Don't Push, There are enough for Everyone"!!!
"250 Pesos, No Waiting, NO INSPECTION"!
"Step Right Up"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Been There, DONE THAT"!!!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I doubt this ill happen just like the 1% for you vehicle tax was cancelled anyway it will just be another chance to pay under the table because the some of vehicles I see will never pass inspection

make that most of the cars. even the ones that look cosmetically great have no brakes, etc.