Ocean Front property prices

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Looking for information on just what ocean front property is going for in various parts of the country in 2014.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Between Gaspar Hdz and Cabarete, asking $50 T0 $100...AND most stays on the market along time. I don't see too many realistic sellers. Perhaps, I am wrong... Seen the same signs and online postings for 2 and a half years - or more.

May 29, 2006
On the north coast, $100/sq meter is about the median for what you see on the internet. Sellers don't seem to be in any hurry to sell and when they do, there are likely to be title issues.

The better deals are in "ocean view" properties up in the hills. There's more of it and digging a well and septic is much easier. On the coast, you're almost entirely on top of limestone.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
a word of caution.....

do ppl know the curve between GH and Playa Magente? towards RSJ?

Where the road all of a sudden opens onto the ocean? for a few hundred meters?
always a beautiful sight.

I passed there the other day w/ my plumber (born in GH)...

He pointed to it and said that as a boy, 40 yrs ago, he played in that field - coconut trees, cows - a big field

No longer a field, given up to the ocean these days..... you can the ruins of the old road if you look carefully.

so, the caution is not to buy too close to the water's edge..... your price per M could go up drastically as your property shrinks.

I know people in Cabrera whose property is hanging on..... literally hanging on solely b/c their pool is anchoring it.
May not last forever.

If/when buying ocean property, get an old survey and check it to see if any land has gone missing....

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
If I see one more spam post from you, your account is erased.
I have lost count how many times I have warned you.
Mods, take note.

You want to benefit from DR1, advertise, it's that simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2006
On the plus side, some overnight tremor might give you a nice beach like next to Hotel Waterfront in Sosua. Or it could make a beach into a rocky shoreline. It's been known to happen.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
living close to ocean on north shore equals heat, mosquitoes, (dengue), roaches, flies, Buffo Toads and higher humidity not to mention the salt air effects on everything metal including your air conditioning. It is a coastal flood plain. I agree with Peterinbrat about living up the hill with the ocean view. Better prices, better breezes less bugs and pests. Living oceanside is not all that it is cracked up to be.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
a word of caution.....

do ppl know the curve between GH and Playa Magente? towards RSJ?

Where the road all of a sudden opens onto the ocean? for a few hundred meters?
always a beautiful sight.

I passed there the other day w/ my plumber (born in GH)...

He pointed to it and said that as a boy, 40 yrs ago, he played in that field - coconut trees, cows - a big field

No longer a field, given up to the ocean these days..... you can the ruins of the old road if you look carefully.

so, the caution is not to buy too close to the water's edge..... your price per M could go up drastically as your property shrinks.

I know people in Cabrera whose property is hanging on..... literally hanging on solely b/c their pool is anchoring it.
May not last forever.

If/when buying ocean property, get an old survey and check it to see if any land has gone missing....

Went along the road Luperon/isabella/estrillo, yesterday..... everyrhing is for sale.....

Salt is seeping into the land........

living close to ocean on north shore equals heat, mosquitoes, (dengue), roaches, flies, Buffo Toads and higher humidity not to mention the salt air effects on everything metal including your air conditioning. It is a coastal flood plain. I agree with Peterinbrat about living up the hill with the ocean view. Better prices, better breezes less bugs and pests. Living oceanside is not all that it is cracked up to be.

Couldn't agree more, I will NEVER live on the Ocean again!!

It is beautiful and all but that does get old!

May 29, 2006
If you're a retired couple, think more about security than beach frontage. Start off in a gated community and learn how things work before you try to build from the ground up.

May 29, 2006
I wonder what this was selling for 10 and 20 years ago:

US$5.8MM for 6.5 acres in Cabarete:

L-2169-P-1_big.jpg

Prime beachfront property

Because a million per acre would be CRAZY..