Newbie in USA- Fulfilled RFM from Dominican woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

brim83

Aug 5, 2014
Hi,
I found DR1 website through an internet search so I'm a newbie.
Here's my story - so far;

Here in the USA, I met a separated Dominican lady several months ago. She was quite charming and coy.
I am 57 yr old divorced man raising my son (from ex-Chinese wife/mother - my involvement with someone not from USA) and she seemed very family oriented which was a plus for me. I'm looking for the long term.

The relationships has been like a yoyo.
End of July she told me her father had died, she needed to go to DR to attend & pay for funeral.
And she needed money.
I wired Western Union and she picked it up in DR.
She gave me a phone number to call but I only talked to her once while she was there in DR (to verify that she received the money).
She was gone for two weeks with no other communications between us during that time.

Being a good person myself, I thought I would send flowers to show my respect for her father.
After search the internet, I found a person (speaking English - my Spanish is almost nada) to try to send flowers. The discussion turned to him asking if I had given money to the woman. I said yes (thinking this is a strange question). He said something about dumb gringo!
I had no luck sending flowers since I didn't have enough information to do anything!

After she returned, we had some tense discussions and lots of unanswered questions of mine.
I have broken off since things seem not right to me.

I also started reading this forum recently and wished I had been here before now!

My Question:
Was I scammed?

Brim83

brim83

Aug 5, 2014
99.9999% chance yes.

Thanks for that punch in the gut.
However I asked for it and looks like you've confirmed my feelings about it.
I'm also trying to get up to speed on DR Sankie techneques (versus American women's persuasion)

Thanks,
Brim83

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
My Question:
Was I scammed?

Brim83

The answer to that would depend on the amount you sent her versus the length and intensity of your intimacy.

While you are raising your Son you may wish to limit your (and his) exposure to irresponsible individuals. You will both be better off without her in your lives. It sound like she gets un-separated when she gets her hands on a little money. I wonder how many times her Father will "die"?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You do have to keep in mind that old men really do die, and that the financial burden usually comes down on the side of the man wherever one is.
Der Fish

Aww, Mannnnnn....

I was having such a good day before I read this....

May 5, 2007
Hi,
I found DR1 website through an internet search so I'm a newbie.
Here's my story - so far;

Here in the USA, I met a separated Dominican lady several months ago. She was quite charming and coy.
I am 57 yr old divorced man raising my son (from ex-Chinese wife/mother - my involvement with someone not from USA) and she seemed very family oriented which was a plus for me. I'm looking for the long term.

The relationships has been like a yoyo.
End of July she told me her father had died, she needed to go to DR to attend & pay for funeral.
And she needed money.
I wired Western Union and she picked it up in DR.
She gave me a phone number to call but I only talked to her once while she was there in DR (to verify that she received the money).
She was gone for two weeks with no other communications between us during that time.

Being a good person myself, I thought I would send flowers to show my respect for her father.
After search the internet, I found a person (speaking English - my Spanish is almost nada) to try to send flowers. The discussion turned to him asking if I had given money to the woman. I said yes (thinking this is a strange question). He said something about dumb gringo!
I had no luck sending flowers since I didn't have enough information to do anything!

After she returned, we had some tense discussions and lots of unanswered questions of mine.
I have broken off since things seem not right to me.

I also started reading this forum recently and wished I had been here before now!

My Question:
Was I scammed?

Brim83

Good morning

Congratulations on finding this site and learning the local "Terminology" perfectly

One question I have, doesn't help with your answer but made me curios; Why did you: "I wired Western Union and she picked it up in DR?"Wouldn't it have been easier and less expensive to simply place the money in her hand prior to leaving instead of using that famous western union?

Good luck

brim83

Aug 5, 2014
Where you scammed.....??

What are terrible insinuation to make about a Dominicana. They are wonderful. No way would a Dominicana pull a stroke like that. It's just not in their nature.

Get her back quick. She has a big family. They will all be dying off soon. Why would you allow her to face all her upcoming traumas alone. She is a PRINCESS.

Dominicans are wonderful.

LOL
Thanks

brim83

Aug 5, 2014
Good morning

Congratulations on finding this site and learning the local "Terminology" perfectly

One question I have, doesn't help with your answer but made me curios; Why did you: "I wired Western Union and she picked it up in DR?"Wouldn't it have been easier and less expensive to simply place the money in her hand prior to leaving instead of using that famous western union?

Good luck
She left on a Sunday. Request was on Saturday.
That's why I wired WU on Monday

Brim83

brim83

Aug 5, 2014
The answer to that would depend on the amount you sent her versus the length and intensity of your intimacy.

While you are raising your Son you may wish to limit your (and his) exposure to irresponsible individuals. You will both be better off without her in your lives. It sound like she gets un-separated when she gets her hands on a little money. I wonder how many times her Father will "die"?

Funny,
I've been on guard with all women in that regard since my divorce (don't get my started on that!).
Just my good nature to want to help within reason and with someone who I thought I would want a future with.
I guess when I tried to get involved with the funeral directly that things unraveled.

Brim83

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Licking the Honey

Brim, you are lucky. :bunny:

You got away with only ONE WU treatment, others have paid for years to their 'novias' (and of course to their 'chulos').

If she still gives you honey without money, lick it up... :lick: :lick:

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Expired Expats (in unknown circumstances)

(...) I tried to get involved with the funeral directly...

You do not want that, really.
There have been Gringos who actually did get involved very directly... :disappoin

the_undertaker_zpsa4634a81.gif

donP

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dont feel too bad. Smarter guys and girls than any of us have been taken and for really big money, homes, cars and broken hearts. No one runs a scam better than a Dominican. Almost as if they learn it at their mothers knee.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Funny,
I've been on guard with all women in that regard since my divorce (don't get my started on that!).
Just my good nature to want to help within reason and with someone who I thought I would want a future with.
I guess when I tried to get involved with the funeral directly that things unraveled.

Brim83

As tge Gringo, there is only one way to get involved in a Dominican funeral, wedding, christening, etc and that is to sponsor the entire thing. This is not a good idea unless you are in a lifetime commitment and that is not a good idea unless you have enough money where spending the occasional small fortune won't cause any problems in your life.

The Lady is separated. That's not like separated back home. There it means separated by a large body of water until that obstacle can be overcome. All she needed was a ticket and some dinero.

Not all Dominican Men, but some, especially at or near the bottom rung are pretty predictable when it comes to Women. They love um, er very young Women. They also love not so young Women who are either Gringas or Dominicanas with access to Gringro loot which exists on a different scale than Dominican loot and can instantly propel them into a state of almost irresistible attractiveness in the eyes of the very young Women we just reviewed. When a not so young Woman provides this level of empowerment to a Dominican Man she becomes almost irresistibly attractive to him.

There's two options here. Know it's coming and ride it out and have a good time or turn the page and move on. Life is too precious to waste time over thinking the obvious.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Dont feel too bad. Smarter guys and girls than any of us have been taken and for really big money, homes, cars and broken hearts. No one runs a scam better than a Dominican. Almost as if they learn it at their mothers knee.

It's an instinct!

Status
Not open for further replies.