Anyone else going to a naturalization ceremony soon?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
There are naturalization ceremonies coming up once every month it seems. Anyone else going and know the exact date? Might be nice to have a beer together afterward to celebrate.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
FIRST thing you want to do after becoming a "Dominicano" is get drunk!!!!!

You will fit in just fine, but don't forget to beat your "Baby Mama", (AFTER you screw her)and play dominos later!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Well I was actually just thinking about a beer or two, but I think I could be easily convinced to have a few more and try my luck at the cockfighting arena. I don't know how to play dominos.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i think the word you were looking for is "mourn". or " weep".

That would be true if you were giving up a US or EU passport for a DR one.

I weep every time I need to renew residency, so "naturalization" is looking like a better option in the future.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Well, I do appreciate the input. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction as regards whom to contact to find out the exact dates of the naturalization ceremonies coming up? I would be very grateful for that.

mutuzadawson

Jul 16, 2015
A Guide to Naturalization provides information on

1) The benefits & responsibilities of citizenship
2) An overview of the naturalization process
3) Eligibility requirements.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Increasingly this forum has become a place where to bash Dominican culture, especially lhat of the lower classes. Anyone could do the same with the lower classes in the US and in Europe. The only difference is that, unfortunately, ours comprise a much larger proportion of the population, although not in any way larger than in the US or Europe in the early 20th Century.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Well, I do appreciate the input. Would someone be able to point me in the right direction as regards whom to contact to find out the exact dates of the naturalization ceremonies coming up? I would be very grateful for that.

I think they are the third Thursday of every month. When all of your Interpol, DNI, DNCD checks are done you pay the exorbitant one off price to be a citizen of RD$5,000 and take your receipt to the citizenship chap and he gives you the date.

Matilda

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In order to play dominoes just match fiches (numbers) that will do good enough.

Nobody in my wife's immediate family...ie first cousins or brother, sisters actually play Dominoes. I actually learned to play in Canada from Italians. I too am just waiting for the police reports to finish before I get my date for swearing in. I suspect based on the current times reported for police report that a December/January date will be the timeline. When you contact them for your police reports they will give you a date, but I believe you have to go to the office, pay the 5000 pesos and get your receipt and date.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Get one from your one country

If you get one from your home country and have it apostle by the DR consulate then it goes quick as you won't need to wait for Interpol anymore, got my date after depositing one week later.

Nobody in my wife's immediate family...ie first cousins or brother, sisters actually play Dominoes. I actually learned to play in Canada from Italians. I too am just waiting for the police reports to finish before I get my date for swearing in. I suspect based on the current times reported for police report that a December/January date will be the timeline. When you contact them for your police reports they will give you a date, but I believe you have to go to the office, pay the 5000 pesos and get your receipt and date.

Carabum

May 7, 2015
If you get one from your home country and have it apostle by the DR consulate then it goes quick as you won't need to wait for Interpol anymore, got my date after depositing one week later.

I think if you are a legal Permanent Resident here then the local (DR) police check is enough and also they check with Interpol.

I was not aware that legal Permanent Residents in the DR need to bring any police report from their home country to become naturalized DR citizens.
I thought this was only done to become legal residents of the DR at the beginning of the residency process.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think if you are a legal Permanent Resident here then the local (DR) police check is enough and also they check with Interpol.

I was not aware that legal Permanent Residents in the DR need to bring any police report from their home country to become naturalized DR citizens.
I thought this was only done to become legal residents of the DR at the beginning of the residency process.

You need a DNI and DNCD check which the Ministry of Interior and Police do for you and also an Interpol check which they also arrange for. Webmacon is saying that if you provide a police check from your home country then that saves the need for the Interpol check which is the one which takes the longest.

Matilda

Carabum

May 7, 2015
You need a DNI and DNCD check which the Ministry of Interior and Police do for you and also an Interpol check which they also arrange for. Webmacon is saying that if you provide a police check from your home country then that saves the need for the Interpol check which is the one which takes the longest.

Matilda

Do you mean I get it from my embassy here in Santo Domingo already apostilled and then I would have it legaly translated to Spanish by a local translator and this would significantly reduce the waiting time concerning the Interpol part ?

Also, what is meant by DNI and DNCD, are they local police departments ?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Do you mean I get it from my embassy here in Santo Domingo already apostilled and then I would have it legaly translated to Spanish by a local translator and this would significantly reduce the waiting time concerning the Interpol part ?

Also, what is meant by DNI and DNCD, are they local police departments ?

DNI is Department of National Investigations (like FBI CIA)
DNCD is the National Drug Control Agency

I have no idea if it would work as I am waiting for the Interpol check which 2 weeks ago they said would be ready shortly.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
The time between my Spanish-language interview and the naturalization ceremony is about two years. I understand the government and police have a lot of background checks to perform and limited resources devoted to this. That's fine. What frustrates me a bit however is that the government does not set the date for the naturalization ceremonies until a few short weeks before they take place. Why do they need to wait so long for this? This just forces to participants to do their travel planning and scheduling on very short notice.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The time between my Spanish-language interview and the naturalization ceremony is about two years. I understand the government and police have a lot of background checks to perform and limited resources devoted to this. That's fine. What frustrates me a bit however is that the government does not set the date for the naturalization ceremonies until a few short weeks before they take place. Why do they need to wait so long for this? This just forces to participants to do their travel planning and scheduling on very short notice.

Did you have to renew your cedula and residency while waiting?