Got a ticket today in POP. @!@@##%%%!@#$%*%

Before you go to pay the ticket I would check online to see if it is even in the system. Someone gave me that link, I think it was dv8 or maurico.

I ripped mine up bc they annoyed me but mine is in the system, I tried to pay it a few times but the Amet computer seems to be always down so they can't print me a new one.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Before you go to pay the ticket I would check online to see if it is even in the system. Someone gave me that link, I think it was dv8 or maurico.

I ripped mine up bc they annoyed me but mine is in the system, I tried to pay it a few times but the Amet computer seems to be always down so they can't print me a new one.

Very good point.
I got 2 speeding tickets, after having pointed out on dr1 that I had never seen speed traps in the dr. ;)
Well a year has past and they havent come up on the AMET system.

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
Whats the worse thing that can happen to you if you don't pay ? Jail , take away your license , take away your car ? I don't know - if I would ever get a ticket , I probably wouldn't pay it. The last time I got pulled over was when I made a " wrong turn " in the airport and he told me that they usually take the people car when someone makes that turn. I then took the keys out of the ignition and gave it to him where he got ****ed off and let me go . I think he rather have money than my keys , lol

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
OK, but for those of who are cedulaless where would we look it up?
You can try the bank. I got a ticket once and tried to pay it at the bank a couple of times, but they couldn't find it. Then the day I was leaving the country it was found. There is always the possibility in this place, in my mind anyway, that the bank cashier will take the money even though she can't find it, but at that point it was a balancing act between getting ripped off for $1000 DOP, by a bank teller, and stopped at the airport for an outstanding ticket.

Whats the worse thing that can happen to you if you don't pay ? Jail , take away your license , take away your car ? I don't know - if I would ever get a ticket , I probably wouldn't pay it. The last time I got pulled over was when I made a " wrong turn " in the airport and he told me that they usually take the people car when someone makes that turn. I then took the keys out of the ignition and gave it to him where he got ****ed off and let me go . I think he rather have money than my keys , lol

You cannot renew your resisency and Cedula if you have an outstanding ticket in the system and you cannot get a marbarete either if the Amet computers are working that is...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I believe that if you try to sell the car and transfer the matricula, outstanding tickets have to be paid.