Got a ticket today in POP. @!@@##%%%!@#$%*%

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I must admit; had a positive experience while driving through Veron last week. Amet pulls me over, and gives me a ticket for no seatbelt. I play the stupid american of course. The then asks if I'll be returning that way soon "because you are my fren".
I says yes, and in fact when I did return 30 minutes later, he got into the car, and ripped up the ticket. We sat there in awkward silence for a minute or two, then he got out and departed.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
I've had probably 5 or 10 tickets throughout the years living here and immediately just tore them up and threw them away. Never caused me any problems with my cars or anything. Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't pay attention to tickets down here. It's the wild wild west man.

I've had probably 5 or 10 tickets throughout the years living here and immediately just tore them up and threw them away. Never caused me any problems with my cars or anything. Maybe I'm just lucky but I don't pay attention to tickets down here. It's the wild wild west man.

In the last year or so they have stared putting tickets into the system...it is a bit different now...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
In the last year or so they have stared putting tickets into the system...it is a bit different now...

one day he is going to be at the check in counter at the airport, and the immigration guy tells him to go to Banco de Reservas and pay the tickets he owes.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Where do I go to pay it? Going wrong way on a NEW one way street.

No one has yet picked up on the actual infraction committed by the OP.

Going the wrong way down a one way street in POP! The whole new street system in POP is a complete and utter clusterphuck. There are one way arrow signs with black spray paint on them. WTF does that mean? There are no entry signs at the end of one way streets! It's a complete mess and I'm not surprised people end up getting lost and going wrong way down one way streets. But getting a ticket for it just about sums up the diabolical way POP is run by the current local government.

It's a cunning trap for visitors. Just about sums up POP.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can see where one way system in POP gets slightly confusing...

97r95j.jpg

now with fixing city centre it's gotten even worse.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
I personally think more tickets should be handed out/given,
then maybe, just maybe a few drivers would obey the traffic
laws on a regular basis. That is one of the things I really
would like to see implemented ASAP. AMET Quotas on tickets, and
the other is regional police depts. Not this Policia Nacional crap.
Sosua Police Dept. Terrenas Police Dept, so on and so on..
..Argghhh..sorry, just venting..

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
I personally think more tickets should be handed out/given,

it would even help if they just give out the same amount but useful tickets.

the only thing they do is wait hidden around the corner and catch drivers without seatbelt or helmet. if those drivers want to kill themselves, let them drive around this way.

they should fine all those maniacs who drive recklessly (which is basically everyone), who don't care about red lights, or stuff that endangers others, that would help.

the DR is a good example how anarchy on the street looks like, pretty much no rules are enforced, so no one cares about them.