Hippo srikes again

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hippo strikes again

No raises!!!
But...promotions for military and police...no raises??
$37 million+USD for a hospital for congressmen???
I am soooo confuuuuused.

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I am very p***ed off. And I demand a refund.

No raises for the teachers, but raises galore for the military. :confused: Are they stupid or what? Ok, don't answer that.

The Executive Branch sent new loan contracts for US$90.7 million to the Senate yesterday. The breakdown of the loans is:
-US$38.7 million contracted for the construction and equipping of a hospital for congressmen.
-US$16.9 million for the equipping of 44 military hospitals.
-US$20.3 million for the modernization of the Astillero Naval de Caldera, Bani, a state-owned shipbuilding yard and the construction of six ships.
-US$14.9 million for electrification and potable water ...

Of all 90.7M only 14.9 goes to satisfy real need of the Dominican society. Most of it will be stolen by the b***s. A hospital for the congressmen?! who do they think they are?

I could say a few more things but it'll all come out as asteriks after being filtered out.

Pib
Who wished she could have a word or two with Mr. Dumb and Dumber :mad:

Duarte

Feb 27, 2002
The wonderful PRD

Oh yes, the great PRD gorvernment...There's a hostpital in Herrera that's all finished, but has been unable to open for lack of about $30 million. This hospital would serve 1000's of people in tha part of the capital, but in typical PRD fashion it is more important that its people (Legislators) have their own hospital, because apparently they don't make enough money to pay for doctors...
The sad thing is that in spite of all this, the people (even from Herrera itself) will still vote for them to return to power. Here's an example: The current senator for my province (Sanchez Ramirez) happens to be from my hometown. I don't think the guy even finished high school. Imagine that...A senator that didn't even make it to the university. He got the job, because Vicente Sanchez Baret, who was the elected senator was named the administrator of the customs department when the PRD won. Somehow Vicente was able to name him (his buddy) the new senator for the province. He has his whole family "working" for the government. Including all his daughters. Everybody complained, but he's not only still in power, but he's now the speaker of the house for a block of senators. In addition, he just won his party nomination for the congressional elections to be held in May. How? By giving 200 to 300 pesos to a ton of people (buying votes). I personally know one person who got $25,000 to distribute amongst people.
While I complain, I also understand that this is the type of government the dominican people deserve...
I told everybody in my family (who voted PRD), to not come to me and complain, because whatever they got they deserve...Now my mom says she will never vote PRD again. My dad is a lost case. He's been a PRD affiliate all his life, so he hears no reason. He just complain how bad things are, etc...

Spy4U

Jan 30, 2002
You are right..

I agree with you Duarte..

This is the kind of president the Dominicans relly Deserve..
Somebody who goes to the slums and throws them food-bag like throwing food to dogs..
Somebody who makes as much promises as he can to keep them dreaming..
Somebody that is not interested in their well being but on the interest of the party..
A Mule that can barely comunicate with his own people..

Yeap, I learned my lesson.. It hurts me but that's the way our people want to be treated.
Whenever I hear somebody complaining about this Mule I just remenber them that he was elected president by the "Dominicans"...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Water....

Have you heard what INAPA is doing. At least in our neck of the woods. Let me explain that we live near the coast. The wells collect ground water mixed with salt water that seeps through the coral. It is also very contaminated (last check 800ppm fecal coliform.) Many in our area have refused to pay INAPA for water usage until we have potable water....so........this is what INAPA has started doing.
They were just coming, disconnecting pumps.(haha...we just reconnect them after they leave). Now they are coming into the campo with a flat bed trailer with bulldozer and a dump truck with stone. They unload the bulldozer, pick up a load of stone from the dump truck and dump in down the well (pump and all) and bulldoze over the top.
So now the people don't have filthy, semi-salty water to wash clothes and floors and dishes.....they don't have any water at all!!!
Is this democracy??????
Sounds like it 's worse the Truillo days to me (sorry I wasn't around then but I don't think the dictator cut off water whatever else he did do!!)
This government is out to steal all it can before the next election and from what I've heard most people who voted them in will vote for them again because they still believe in Santa Claus and still are hoping that Hippo will deliver on his promise to give "free" money to the poor.
Who knows- if the poor start paying for the above mentioned water maybe he will??!!??

Trivalent

Jan 31, 2002
The loan for a senator's hospital is just unbelievable!

How can you have the nerve to put that forward when you have existing hospitals and social agencies that are going bankrupt because they are not receiving their promised subsidies?

These people have no self-respect and it makes me so mad

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
And who voted for them......
The same people that will vote for them again......in hopes that Santa Claus really will come to town and they'll get the "free" money that was promised them......
When will people learn....THERE IS NO SUCH THING as FREE MONEY.
You have to WORK to earn your keep!!!
( I know four letter word to a lot of Dominicans!!)