Why do some of "US" choose not to take emails?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Everyone who "signs-up" to post on DR1 has the choice of whether or not to receive emails in response to their posts.Choosing to receive emails does not "publish" your address to those who wish to send you an email,and you don,t have to "accept" the "mail".(Correct me if I am wrong Robert)...So why do some choose not to be "available" to emails?I would from time to time like to make a "private" comment.(I know what you are thinking!)So go back to your "Profile" page and open up to receive some emails,you don,t know what you are "missing"! Ok,AZB? for one! Criss Colon

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Criss.....

You don't see an "email" button under my name.....however you can still send me an email via DR1. Just click on my name when you see it listed as replying to a thread or as the poster of a thread and your email will be forwarded to me via DR1. I don't have a button for you to email me directly......that way I chose wether or not to give you my address by responding to your email.......
Did I get it right Robert????

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Uh, wrong. If you have chosen not to make your email available then there it just isn't available. Once at a person's profile, if you click on the link that says "to email _________", you will see that it will give you a "sorry" message.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Right you are JaneJ.

I was thinking of another board I belong to......that one doesn't show your email address but does forward to you so you choose whether to reply which automatically "gives" your address to the person who emailed you.
Lets people "vent" when they need to and gives you the option of replying to them or just hitting the delete button....cuts the "spam" a lot also!!!

I did reply to the posted plea for me to email someone on the board......Now I remember clearly....heh heh heh :D

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If the email icon appears, this means the person has chosen to receive emails. The emails are still blind, meaning you don't know the address your sending the email to. This is to protect everyone's privacy. Just like MommC described a function of another boards email system.