Isaac Green is right.

George IV

Mar 26, 2002
You know looking at some of the posts from this person
at first I thought that he was shall we say under the control
of something not entirely of his own doing. The I explore his
posts the more I began to see that he is in fact very intelligent
perhaps even borderlin genius. I am amazed that someone could so cleary articulate so many issues in a seemingly continuous
manner.

I believe that he is right with respect to the Haitian crisis, for an
American he seems to well be informed. For those of you
who have been batteling with him give him a break. He is tough,
he has even apologized so he can't be that bad of a person at
least it seems like he is an honourable person, as for Chriss Colon
is it? The jury is still very much out on that person.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Borderline Genius my "CULO"!

Is that you Isaac? Got access to someones computer,or visiting an internet cafe?This guy,s sentence "dis-structure" is from the same "school" as yours! His "mis-spelling"too! I,m the "Genius" here, not you ,"Sir Isaac of Dumb"!!!!! "Once a KING,always a KING,but "Once a kNight is enough"!!! Sir "Criss" of Firth

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Right on criss

This is Isaac green looking to get some support. Same style and same subject; in other words, same sh** different name..
Isaac, would you have defended haitian mal-treatment if they were white? I mean, would you have cared for them (at all) if they were not black?

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Thanks Cris, your heading was right on the money.

And Isaac you are left not right.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
If Isaac Green and his supporters thinks he's correct in his thoughts about Haitians, I just wish he lived in Florida and had seen the trouble (and financial strain on federal and state services) they've caused there. Coming from a state that has taken in a lot of refugees and other immigrants from Latin America and the Caribbean and having seen the effects of this influx during the first 58 years of my life, I can honestly say that the Haitians are absolutely the worst group we've ever had to deal with. Most of them rank just above an animal in mentality and behavior. Even a dog won't crap in his own yard and, come to think of it, a dog makes for a better companion.

And now several have taken up residence in Las Galeras and the trouble is starting here. We've had to call Politur twice because they have been causing problems around our hotel area, including loudly carrying-on at 6:30am and waking our hotel guests, stealing, delibrately throwing trash in front of our hotel entrance because we asked them not to, and then mooning us when we saw one of them throw more trash and called him down about it. Resorting to mooning is an accurate display of the Haitian attitude (and intelligence) toward other people. Even the local fishermen do not like them and will probably end up in an altercation with one of them in particular who is REALLY disliked because of his surly attitude. They'll clean his clock real good one of these days.

The rub of it all is that they are here working as watchmen for an unfinished house, currently in litigation. With all the unemployment and poverty in the DR, you'd think that the high, government official building the house would at least hire his own people and not Haitians.

Now if you "bleeding hearts" that read this want to call me predjuice in my attitude towards Haitians; do it and then go deal with them for a while and see how you feel. In addition to sending all of them back to Haiti, I think the border between the two countries should be strengthened as assimilating these people will surely be the downfall of the DR.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Sounds familiar...

Ask the people who live in Montreal,Canada what happened when 25,000 Haitians arrived in Quebec courtesy of the pq premier who was trying to bolster the number of French Speaking inhabitants of the province............

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Pretty strong statement MoomC

Pretty strong words from someone who just the other day posted that she doesn,t, "Have a Racist bone in her body"!CCCCCCCC

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ahhhhh Criss......How you twist......!

I wasn't making a "racial" comment.....I was commenting on the financial strain to federal and "state (in our case "provincial") purses and the trouble caused by these "immigrants".
I also said to "ASK" someone from Montreal.........my knowledge is second hand however it came from Montrealers and THEY CAN tell you the problems encountered in their city and province by the legal influx of the Haitians.
I also heard a very "amusing/sad" (it would have been hilarious if it hadn't been TRUE) story the other day by a manager of a factory in a "Free Zone" on having to "toilet train" employees (both Dominican and Haitian)!

So I don't really understand what you mean by "pretty strong words"?????

Perhaps you could re-read my previous post in let me know what in :
"Ask the people who live in Montreal,Canada what happened when 25,000 Haitians arrived in Quebec courtesy of the pq premier who was trying to bolster the number of French Speaking inhabitants of the province............"
you find pretty strong words?????

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
MommC, I live in Montreal. As far as I'm concerned, nothing has "happened". There is a Haitian community here, as well as communities from every other spot on the globe. This is something that I happen to love about my city.

Because of the time I spent in the DR however, I will admit to feeling some Haiti hate, but only because of the circumstances. People who live without the most basic of necesseties and civilities live like animals. People who live like animals behave like animals. And when someone lives only to survive you can see it in their eyes and you can sense the desperation behind it.

The Haitians who live here do not live like animals and I would be hard pressed to hate them here.

MommC wrote:
I was commenting on the financial strain to federal and "state (in our case "provincial") purses and the trouble caused by these "immigrants".
Obviously, I take offense to this, as my husband is one of those trouble-causing immigrants who is straining the government's purse.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Is your husband Haitian??

I was alluding to being told how the Haitian immigrants destroyed in short time the housing they were given, how the majority of them became "welfare" dependant after their original "adjustment allocation" was expending rather than obtaining employment as was hoped. How many of them became part of the "underworld" crime scene.
I sympathize with the Haitian plight and I take exception to the way they have been treated. I still believe EDUCATION is key to helping both Haiti and the DR.
You are absolutely 100% right on target when you say :
Quote:"People who live without the most basic of necesseties and civilities live like animals. People who live like animals behave like animals. And when someone lives only to survive you can see it in their eyes and you can sense the desperation behind it. ":unquote
How can they be expected to become dues paying members of any society unless they are educated? Tell me what you would do if suddenly you were placed in a house with a toilet,shower/bath, fridge,stove,wash machine when you had NEVER in your life seen such a thing?
What would you do if given the opportunity to work for pay if you have no education, no skills,and had never worked for more than the basic necessities to survive"? Especially with such an easily accessible welfare system as ours?

In Canada we have "life skills" courses and programs for mentally impaired people however we "expect" these "immigrants" to function in our society when the only "life skills" they have are survivalistic only!!
Shame on us.......and shame on the rest of the world for abandoning not only the Haitians but all the other nations that find themself in the same situation.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
MommC...

Good point about the Lifeskills lessons! I have taught many of these and they work wonders! They are beneficial to all those involved including the coach. They are used for cultural adjustment as well, but not often enough and you have to seek them out!

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
I can't tell you what they would do if confronted with many common things in the average home (running water, toilets, stoves, etc) but I can relate what was told to me by a US Marine stationed at Guantanamo Bay in the 80's when they had to house an influx of Haitian refugees:

As a Spanish speaking Puerto Rican, part of the marine's job was to orient the refugees to life in the hastely constructed tent city at the base. He would show them the living/sleeping tents, the cooking tents and the latrine tents, which were located next to the sleeping tents. He told me that he always had to be careful where he stepped when he was in the sleeping tents as during the night the Haitians would get up to go to the bathroom and instead of going next door to the latrine tent, would relieve themselves on the floor right beside their bed.

As I said in my earlier post, even a dog won't s--t in his own yard.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
Andy B, I know having lived in Key West myself.

Sir,

I understand your frustration I think, I lived in Key West from 93-95 and saw my fair share of Haitains and Cubans. 3 points, I'm not saying let the Haitains run over you even "a dog understands that self preservation comes first". What I am saying is that the Haitains have had different upbringing from others so wehat may come natural to them may seem deplorable to us what is the answer to this I don't know. 1. There should not be a double standard for the Hatains and the Cubans as there clearly was in the 90's in FLA.
2.Unless you have personally seen every Hatain in the world you can not make that kind of a statement.
3.If you think that the problem is bad now try
ignoring it and revisiting it in 20 years or so and see what you have then.

My point is that there are no easy answers in dealing with the Haitains but the point that
I continue to drive home to (Christophe' Colonvier) is that if you don't help them eventually you will find that the problem only gets worse.
Good luck my friend.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
There should be a double standard between Cubans and haitians. Cubans leave their country for Freedom. Haitians leave for economics. After all The Haitia Gov. is a feely elected Gov. Clinton wasted a lot of our time and money making sure it was so.

Tony C.

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
How can there be freedom without hope of economic prosperity?

I think that argument has bee debunked,
there situations are the same. In Cuba there is free health care in Haiti if you don't have health you get no care, the immigration standards should be the same for both.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Mister"Isaac spends years 93-94-95 in Key West

""Baby Doc" Green,Now we know why you have trouble relating to women!Can you spell;"Bugerones"?..I bet that is one word you get right everytime!May explain why you like Haiti so much as well!Criss"Papa Doc" Colon

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
OK...Now you made jump into this...

Absolutely not!!! There should not be a double standard in immigration. What makes cubans so special? Everybody who leaves their country does so for a reason...mostly economic, sometimes political freedom, whatever...But one group should not be privileged over another. BTW... I truly believe that if haitians were white it would be a completely different story. First they would get tons of financial aid, secondly they would be welcome into the US as well as the DR, to "purify" the race. I think it's about time the US stops treating Cubans like they owe them something. I have absolutely no pity for this group. The first wave were the ones that were sucking the country dry, the corrupt elite...The second wave "Marielitos" were mostly criminals and agitadores. They hear no reason, when it comes to Fidel and Cuba. Which ironically is probably what's kept Fidel in power all these years. Nobody can disagree with them, because they will fire-bomb your house or even kill you. I think it's time we send a few of them back to Cuba, just like they did with Elian...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
EDUCATE,Educate,educate!!!!!!

Not only the "immigrants" but also the local population.
See my previous posts.......
You can dump all the money in the world into Haiti and still have the same problems (look at the DR. does anyone have any idea how much money has been pumped into this country in the past 14 yrs.......?? Yet we STILL don't have "potable" water)
WHY?????
because there is too much ignorance in the country. And all the money in the world won't "cure" that!!!
I'm not talking about "school" curriculam either.......I'm talking about life skills, and trade skills, and economic (monetary) skills, political understanding skills, etcetera,etcetera,ad nauseum.

BTW - for Jane J. I married an immigrant also......he came to Canada to visit an uncle and stayed. The difference between him and the Haitians was that he came from a "civilized" nation where he was taught (educated in) life skills growing up, he was high school educated and also learned through school a trade. He had a job within two weeks of being in Canada, was never "social assistance or welfare" dependant. Started his own business employing Canadians within three years and continues to provide employment for others both here and in Canada. So yes.....education is the KEY to solving problems such as those seen here and in Haiti!

eric

Feb 13, 2002
A white Haiti

On several posts I have seen comments about what the situation in Haiti would be like if they were white.That somehow North america,and europe would care more.Well what about Ireland?They are white,and they are poor.I don't see tons of aid pouring in there.Its also very difficult for the Irish to get a visa to the states.The majority of the Irish nannies in Boston are not legal.They face a lot of scrutiny when seeking a tourist visa because immigration knows there is a good chance they will not return.A lot of wars have been fought between white countries(WW1,WW2,The colonial wars,etc.)Half a century of cold war between white countries.Just because a country is white doesn't mean anything.There is no free ride for being white.