Why don't dominican women like dominican men, vise versa?

Emma

Apr 29, 2002
I have been to the DR many times, and why is it that you rarely see dominican men and women together, especially those of the younger generation?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I am sure that you will see the majority of couples not interanything and mostly Dominicans. I think you probably only notice the Gringos and Dominicans because they may stand out more.

For a single gringo male not to be able to find a lovely Dominican he has to be both NOT LOOKING and NOT WANTING under any circumstance and probably the same goes for a Gringa.

Just my 2 cents.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Emma....

If your Dominican experience is limited to "resort" stays it would explain why you don't see Dominican men & women together. In the resorts they supplement their income by going out with the "guests".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MommC is right on...

At the resorts you only see a very small percentage of the Dominican population.

If you were to go into the cities and visit the " watering holes" of the younger set, you would find extremely few foreigners.

At the resorts, the Sankis and the lady Sankis make their money, get their husbands and wifes or their keepers or Significant Others via the sex angle....Just a fact of life at resorts all over...

HB

christina15152

Apr 25, 2002
christina15152.rocks.it
jazzcom said:
I am sure that you will see the majority of couples not interanything and mostly Dominicans. I think you probably only notice the Gringos and Dominicans because they may stand out more.

For a single gringo male not to be able to find a lovely Dominican he has to be both NOT LOOKING and NOT WANTING under any circumstance and probably the same goes for a Gringa.

Just my 2 cents.
OK... Well in your words.. I am a "Gringa" and yes I am more attracted to Dominicans then I am to "Gringos"... WHY?!?! I don't even know. It is just a thing. I am attracted to mostly their personality, The dominicanos that I know have the greatest personalitys... (*and a temper once in a while.. ) but they are the most funny guys that I have ever met! And I hope to keep on meeting them. To get to the point.. I ATTRACTED TO THEIR PERSONALITIES MORE THEN ANYTHING!
*CHRISTINA ;)

LiL_Rican_Chula

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2002
jazzcom said:

Just my 2 cents.

"For a single gringo male not to be able to find a lovely Dominican he has to be both NOT LOOKING and NOT WANTING under any circumstance and probably the same goes for a Gringa."

If it's hard to fine a "lovely Dominican" than try a "Puertorican". Other wise I do agree it maybe because he/she may not be that good looking. Or that person is waiting for that "lovely Domincian" by sitting down and not looking for her/him.

If that's the problem them.. damn it's time for a <B>MAKE-OVER</B>!!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Escott....(Jazzcom)........

I got a true story for ya! It's a funny.......
Sitting at Il Cappucino in Juan Dolio (where Bar Cachique is now) a few yrs back. There's this old Italian guy (in his late 70's) very outspoken.......Two young Italian guys come in, sit down and order an expesso (it's the second year they've been to Juan Dolio on vacation). They start talking about what a disaster their vacation has been so far 'cause they haven't been able to pick up any girls! The old guy says to them :"look you two, at my age I don't have any problem picking up girls! All you gotta do is pick up the cheque! If you've been here twn days already and you haven't got a girl yet you should take a pistol, put your head together so you don't waste a bullet and SHOT yourselves!!"
The whole place cracked up!!! Especially since the conversation was in Italian so even the Dominicans in the coffee shop understood what the old guy was saying.
Needless to say the young'uns haven't been back to Juan Dolio since!!!
hehehehe....thought it was a good day for a chuckle......

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"I have been to the DR many times, and why is it that you rarely see dominican men and women together, especially those of the younger generation?" Emma

Emma, you don't see dominican couples more often because most foreigners come to DR on short vacations and stay in resorts, however, when they do some here to stay they tend to settle down in expat communities. Ex: in costambar you would only see expats and the dominicans who live there are either married to expats or work for them. There is absolutely no contact between the dominicans and foreigners other than the mentioned case.
If you come to santiago, moca, la vega etc you will only see dominicans with dominicans and hardly any presence of foreigners. Most girls from lower-end socio-economical ladder would prefer a foreigner over a dominican (of the same socio-economical level) but the upper middle to upper socio-economical level would only prefer dominicans. They will almost never consider a tourist gringo over a dominican male or female. Those dominicans tend to stay among their own society and would only consider a gringo for marriage if that foreigner is living / working here and knows the dominican cunture well. In other words, a gringo who has been converted to a dominican.
These dominicans only come in close contact with foreigners when they (themselves) are vacationing in the same resorts as the foreigners; then again, they don't talk to any foreigners. For that reason, you will rarely see a white well-to-do dominican with a white foreign lady. They almost always go as couples. Oh wait, i know you will say "wait AZB, i have seen some dominicans with white women..." guess what, those blond girls are also dominicans.
For the same reason you will only see white foreign women or men with only black dominicans. The whiter upper crust of the dominican society never mingles with white foreigners or black dominicans. Thus the two are left for each other.
So when you want to learn about where the true dominicans are, come to cibao.
have a nice day.

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
AZB summed it up very accurately. If ya want to see Dominicans, ya got to go where they are.

I spent the majority of my recent DR trip in San Francisco de Macoris and San Juan de la Maguana. Neither of those cities ranks high on the list of tourist attractions! :)

I saw only Dominicans with Dominicans. I was the only sunburned Yanqui in sight - though most Dominicans consider me to be one of those gringoes converted to Dominicans that AZB referred to.

Swede

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Emma[/B] said:
Re: Why don't dominican women like dominican men, vise versa?
Huh!?
confused4.gif

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
iamwithstupid.gif

I'll second that Pib!!
Even the sanki's and putas can be seen with their Dominican girl/guy when they aren't hitting on the foreigners!
11doh.gif

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
MommC I have to say that I totally missed your point too. Unless you meant that I am stupid. But if you did mean it, then I am not that stupid cause I figured it out. And if you didn't mean it, then who are you agreeing with? You couldn't have agreed with me since I didn't get the OP's point either.

Talk about convoluted thinking...
confused5.gif

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
My little smilie guy is pointing at your little smilie guy....

That is a stupid look on your little smilie guys face isn't it......
and my little smilie guy at the end is going D'uh????
And I was agreeing with you when you used the smilie guy to say you couldn't figure out the question and I figured it was because like me you always see Dominican guys with Dominican girls and vice versa (notice I even spelled (spelt) vice versa correctly).
Now have BOTH of us got it figured out!????
(your turn to put up the smilie guy with the "I'm with stupid sign!!!!":D)
turb.gif

Had to put my toque on.....It's Freezin' up here!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
LiL_Rican_Chula said:

"For a single gringo male not to be able to find a lovely Dominican he has to be both NOT LOOKING and NOT WANTING under any circumstance and probably the same goes for a Gringa."

If it's hard to fine a "lovely Dominican" than try a "Puertorican". Other wise I do agree it maybe because he/she may not be that good looking. Or that person is waiting for that "lovely Domincian" by sitting down and not looking for her/him.

If that's the problem them.. damn it's time for a <B>MAKE-OVER</B>!!!

I lived with a Puerto Rican woman for 2 years. She was beautiful and a great woman. She taught ESL. I love Ricans!

She wanted to get married when I had no interest. She got married and I got married 3 years after. She hated me for getting married. Haven't seen her in 10 years but would love to.

Regards
Escott

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Perception is reality OR the grass is greener on the other side...

While what one perceives is one's reality, I can't help but wonder what percentage of time you spend in areas frequented by foreigners as opposed to somplace like Los Alcarrizos where, by any objective measure, your stated perception is not very realistic.