DR Church & Sexual Abuse

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
As most of us know the Media has just recently started reporting on the Hundreds of cases of Sexual Abuse by Catholic priests that the church has tried to sweep under the rug. I say recently because it has been going on for almost as long as the church has been in existence.
My question is if there has been any reports of abuse by Priests in the DR? I know of at least 2 cases myself. I can only imagine the attrocities that are being committed there.

Tony C.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I haven't had a chance to broach this with

Lopez Rodriguez, but I imagine that there has been some.

What is particularly notorious is the fact that most of what I have heard is heterosexual, not pedofilia....There is an article that I have been trying to find that talks about some priests here with literally dozens of kids.

I am sure that the trickle down effect will start to take place here and people will come out of the woodwork and declare how they were raped or molested...

Hb, sadly...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
L?pez Rodr?guez

He is our resident Cardinal, Prince of the Church.

I would certainly hope that any victims of pedofilia come forth with all this publicity.

HB
farmer.gif

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Interestingly enough I have never heard of any such cases in DR. I have heard rumors of many cases of priests that have mistresses and children (obviously out of marriage), but never any case of paedophilia. If there are any victims I hope they come forward, but I wish there were no such victims.

Disclaimer:
This post is based entirely on the author's experience. Author is a dork and has no knowledge of basically anything. The author could not find any publication of repute that could confirm this statements. The author takes no responsibility of any harm caused by the Reader's having taken this post too seriously. No explanatory charts and or quotes from world experts are provided. If you are allegirc to sarcasm please see your doctor before reading this post.
:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
NOT REALLY APPROPRIATE!!!!

but I couldn't resist especially after the news story on our local station last night!

The Bells:

Twelve priests were about to be ordained. The final
test was for them to line up in a straight row,
totally nude, in a garden while a sexy and
beautiful, big breasted, nude model danced
before them. Each priest had a small bell attached to
his penis and they were told that anyone whose bell
rang when she danced in front of them would not be
ordained because he had not reached a state of
spiritual purity.

The beautiful model danced before the first
candidate, with no reaction. She proceeded
down the line with the same response from all the
priests until she got to the final priest (Carlos). As
she danced, his bell began to ring so loudly that
it flew off and fell clattering to the ground.

Embarrassed, Carlos took a few steps forward,
bent over to pick it up and set off all the other
bells.

If my nieces other aunt (the nun) knew she'd sent this to us Sister Claire would have her head!!