Today was the birthday of one of the luckiest kids in the DR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Today, Luis Alfonso celebrates his first birthday. No one knows who is his mother, much less his father. Yet he is certainly the one of the luckiest kids alive today...

When he was abandoned, a nurse called my son, who works at our large teaching hospital and told him about this little boy. Fonso had always told the nurses to call him if there appeared a small boy that was abandoned....so they knew...

A day or so later, my son was commenting on this case with one of his patients. She turned out to be the Child Welfare Judge in the local courts. She applauded his ideas....

The baby was given to my son and his wife, papers filed, bureaucracy vanquished, ( and believe me this went all the way to the wife of Hippo!) and final papers in the works., This baby, who was abandoned by his mother at birth , is healthy, and growing up in a wonderful family. His big sister loves him to pieces and, as can be seen in just a couple of fotos in the Media Gallery, He looks happy too.

Proud grandpa is very happy for him too.....

And proud of my boys..

HB
big.gif

LazyGirl

Jan 12, 2002
Happy B-day to that Lucky lil' boy...And today was the birthday of a wonderful big girl as well...ME!:classic:

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Happy Birthday little guy. Your so lucky to have a wonderfull granddad like Hillbilly.

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
Your grandson is a cutie pie, he has a beautiful big sister too. Nice family!!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
On the Opening Page of DR1

There is a place for Media Gallery, just click..

HB
big.gif

helios_ra

May 20, 2002
Your Heart..

Your Heart must be as big as you are.. Way to Go..
Keep your calender open for july 12th... see ya then !!

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
HB what a lucky man you are

It must be wonderful to see your family growing and to see what responsible adults your children become. I am looking forward to having my three girls all grown up and responsible. Ten more years to go for the little one to reach adulthood. Congrats you have a beautiful family, good bless them all.

Lina

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
HillBilly....Let me extend my sincerest thanks for having a son that cares so much. I can't think of a better expression of love and faith than giving life to an abandoned child.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Super

HB, what you have is wealth, the pictures do tell, and it's not money. A fine investment. Good show. Regards, PJT

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
HB, that is a great story and send my Happy Birthday to him!

What is it with moms abandoning kids in the DR? I know so many boys at the orphanage whose moms abandoned them and left them with their Dads, who can then not handle working and taking care of so many kids. Seems strange, though, doesn't it? Another cultural mystery.

Thanks to your son for adopting him, too. Good to hear positive posts! :cool:

Congrats to your offspring

Like Father like son.
He definitely has the characteristics of his old man, the Hillbilly and I am sure he will install the same values in young Luis, as you have done with your own son.
To be like his dad and grandad would be a blessing.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Congrats! and many more.........

Birthdays and children!
It's called changing the world in which we live and it's great to see someone like HB and family involved...........
Good luck to Luis and family in the years to come.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
HB...

Congratulations!
Feliz Cumplea?os Luis Alfonso!!! :bunny:
And what a beautiful name!!!
HB, my sister would love to adopt, but it's very difficult here in the U.S. They make it almost impossible, when there are so many children that need to be placed with good families.
Can you give me any kind of information on adopting in DR?
I would appreciate it very much!
And my sister would love me forever!!!
Thanks!
MQ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
MQ, it is like sucking peanut butter thru a straw!

The DR has too many requests for children.

My son's situation was unique and not without hundreds of obstructions! That is why it went all the way to the President's office to smooth the way.

I have seen, and reported here, how some people get really lucky, but with the surveilance now in place at most hospitals, the possibility of another Mary Jo Fernandez or another case that i know of, is remote...Sorry for your sister....The Official waiting list is three years...

the good thing is that the kids are finding loving and kind homes...

HB
music765.gif

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Best Wishes HB

Sounds like you have some great kids mazeltoff. I think thats how you spell it Sammy... :cool:

Last edited: