Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    And therefore you conclude...........?
    I do not conclude anything.
    If you and/or DGM decide that you do not qualify anymore for the retiree residency statue,
    If you and/or your lawyer decides there is nothing that can be done to remedy to this,
    If you decide you still want to stay in the dr,
    If you decide you want to continue being legal in the dr,
    If you decide that applying for regular residency is your best/only option,
    Then I cannot think of how it could cost 8k$------- i could be wrong though, perhaps the rules have changed and they bumped the price up 800%.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The very last piece of information requests the amount deposited and the name of the bank.
    Have you applied for retiree residency renewal? Recently?
    No. I'm about to do my 4th renewal in April - temporary, jubilado/pensionado RT-9. I just went on the DGM website and it doesn't show that as a requirement(?):

"REQUISITOS PARA LA RENOVACIÓN DE LA RESIDENCIA TEMPORAL"

CARNET DE RESIDENCIA TEMPORAL.

CÉDULA DE IDENTIDAD PERSONAL. (EL ORIGINAL SE DEVUELVE AL EXTRANJERO DESPUÉS DE VERIFICADA)

PASAPORTE CON DIECIOCHO (18) MESES MÍNIMOS DE VIGENCIA. LA D.G.M. ES FLEXIBLE CON EL TEMA Y CONSIDERARÁ, EN CADA CASO, LA REALIDAD DE CADA PAÍS Y EL RIGOR DE SUS NORMAS EN LA EXPEDICIÓN DE LOS PASAPORTES.

CERTIFICACIÓN DE NO ANTECEDENTES PENALES DE LA REPÚBLICA DOMINICANA, EMITIDA POR LA PROCURADURÍA GENERAL DE LA REPÚBLICA.

DOS (2) FOTOGRAFÍAS DE FRENTE TAMAÑO 2 X 2 CON EL FONDO BLANCO, SIN JOYAS O ACCESORIOS Y LAS OREJAS DESCUBIERTAS.

PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA CONTRATADA CON LA COMPAÑÍA DE SEGUROS DEBIDAMENTE AUTORIZADA POR LA D.G.M. (COMERCIAL DE SEGURO, SEGURO PATRIA Y DOMINICANA SEGURO)
    EN EL CASO DE LA RENOVACIÓN DE UN MENOR DE 18 AÑOS DE EDAD, LOS PADRES DEBERÁN OBTENER LA PÓLIZA DE GARANTÍA, EMITIDA A SU NOMBRE.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The requirements for the Temporary, Permanent, Retiree and Investor programs are slightly different. I don't have to do a medical as an investor. Small saving grace but I have to renew more frequently than others.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    If you decide that applying for regular residency is your best/only option,
    Then I cannot think of how it could cost 8k$------- i could be wrong though, perhaps the rules have changed and they bumped the price up 800%.
    I agree. I don't see any way it could cost $8K - not even half of that.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I quote from the web page:BECAUSE THE CATEGORY WITH WHICH YOU ACQUIRED YOUR RESIDENCE WAS THAT OF A PENSIONER, YOU MUST SHOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN RECEIVING SAID PENSION THROUGH A DOMINICAN BANK, THROUGH A CERTIFICATION OF THE SAME AND YOUR STATEMENTS.
    Can you post a link to the page where you find this? The page is in English? The thing is that, in the past, this was not a requirement. If it is now, it is a substantial change. You might want to post this in Legal to get a read from the Guzman Ariza attorney who responds there.

6. Likes DRob liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by franco1111 View Post
    Can you post a link to the page where you find this? The page is in English? The thing is that, in the past, this was not a requirement. If it is now, it is a substantial change. You might want to post this in Legal to get a read from the Guzman Ariza attorney who responds there.
    I am using Windows & Chrome, which allows me to translate pages into English.
    A 'substantial change' indeed!! The office in PP said, basically, that we are screwed.
    Here is the original page that requests the info on the 'pension'.
    It is the last two parameters requested on the last page of the form:
    MIEMBROS DEL GRUPO FAMILIAR
    PARENTESCO
    APELLIDO (S)

NOMBRE (S)

FECHA DE NACIMIENTO
    NACIONALIDAD
    ESTADO DE RESIDENTES ADJUNTA A LA SOLICITUD RESIDENTE EN PROCESO N/A

AGREGAR
    ELIMINAR
    PARENTESCO APELLIDO(S) NOMBRE(S) FECHA DE NACIMIENTO NACIONALIDAD NO. CARNET / TIPO NO. SOLICIUTD / PASAPORTE FECHA DE SOLICITUD ESTADO
    DE LA INVERSION
    ESTIMADO DE DIVISAS INGRESADAS EL PAIS POR AÑO US$
    RD$
    ANTERIOR SIGUIENTE

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I agree. I don't see any way it could cost $8K - not even half of that.
    Below is the SS tracking the costs of the initial application.
    Margaret Robert
    Document Description Source Copy Notarize Apostille Translate Apostille Copy Notarize Apostille Translate Apostille Total Cost
    Visa Form RD Consulate 150 1,037 150 1,337
    Passport Pictures CVS 15 15 30
    Medical Certificate Dr Daub 25 25 50
    Certificate of Good Conduct WNY Police 10 10 20
    Certificate of Good Conduct FBI 120 MIREX 120 240
    Certificate of Good Conduct FBI 125 125 250
    Birth Certificate NJ 25 40 MIREX 25 40 130
    Marriage Certificate NJ 25 40 MIREX 65
    Repatriation Insurance 115 115 230
    Bank Acccount 20 20
    Migration Exam, etc 895 895 1,790
    EDC Cedulas 62 62 124
    Additional Translations 325 325
    Total Document Costs 4,611
    Gas NJ 100 100
    Tolls NJ 38 38
    Flight Reservation United 372 372
    NYC Bus 48 48 96
    Santo Domingo Buses&Taxies 80 80
    Total Travel Costs 686
    Aramis Legal Work 250 250 500
    Aramis Legal Work 650 650 1,300
    Yordeny Legal Work 200 200 400
    Total Legal Cost 2,200
    Total Cost Of Residency 7,497

9. Likes cavok liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am using Windows & Chrome, which allows me to translate pages into English.
    A 'substantial change' indeed!! The office in PP said, basically, that we are screwed.
    Here is the original page that requests the info on the 'pension'.
    It is the last two parameters requested on the last page of the form:
    MIEMBROS DEL GRUPO FAMILIAR
    PARENTESCO
    APELLIDO (S)

NOMBRE (S)

FECHA DE NACIMIENTO
    NACIONALIDAD
    ESTADO DE RESIDENTES ADJUNTA A LA SOLICITUD RESIDENTE EN PROCESO N/A

AGREGAR
    ELIMINAR
    PARENTESCO APELLIDO(S) NOMBRE(S) FECHA DE NACIMIENTO NACIONALIDAD NO. CARNET / TIPO NO. SOLICIUTD / PASAPORTE FECHA DE SOLICITUD ESTADO
    DE LA INVERSION
    ESTIMADO DE DIVISAS INGRESADAS EL PAIS POR AÑO US$
    RD$
    ANTERIOR SIGUIENTE
    All that seems to ask for is an estimate of the amount of money brought in the DR per year(?).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting indeed!
    As previously posted I am going through the process of obtaining a Residency here in DR.
    I made it very clear that I wanted a Permanent Residency due to my Pension being substantially greater than the minimum requirement.
    However I have been relegated to accept a temporary Residency by order of the DMG.
    Now there is a silver lining in that cloud ; if DMG can guarantee that I shall be alive and breathing in another year to reapply; then I am quite prepared to do so.
    In the past I transferred funds from the Canadian Bank to the Bank Reservas which my family uses here in Luperon.
    By the time the funds reached our local bank we had lost $750.00 CDN through Banking fees and exchange.
    They stated that the CDN funds had to be converted first to USD then to Pesos... All strictly Bull Ship!

I shall never have funds forwarded to our local Bank again.
    My pensions are going to stay in Canada and we draw from there .
    We use the VISA for food and Hotel etc. and simply transfer payments electronically from our CDN Bank.
    Other than we use the ATM's at several safe places.
    The funds are spent here; so that has to be compliant.
    I am old (77), stubborn, cynical, bull headed and several more excellent attributes ; There are other countries that are willing to accept our Pensions and family.....
    Not really an issue.
    It is called,where I am from, "shooting one self in the foot!"

AH, I do so feel better!!!
    Russell

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Much of your reasoning is what resulted in me abandoning my BanReservas accounts. I was being gouged by fees; Compelled to write a cheque to withdraw funds from the checking account for a fee. Fees for more than X number of transactions per month, fees if not enough money in the account one day per month. Monthly account maintenance fee etc.

Most annoying, BanReserva wouldn't accept my Canadian bank cheques. Had to open a US bank account. Transfer from Canada to the US bank, pay the conversion fees to USD. Then, write a cheque on the US bank account for deposit in the DR. Wait 30 days for the funds from that cheque to be unfrozen for me to withdraw - even though the funds most times had been taken out of my US bank account before I could leave the bank and return home.

Almost nothing that bank did met my needs or expectations. Many times I needed to stand in line for 45 minutes or longer because only two or three tellers were servicing 50+ people in line. I get it, employees deserve their break time. There is nothing more infuriating than watching the teller pack up their drawer and disappear for lunch or a break and no one comes out to replace them with a line of waiting customers almost winding it's way out the front door of the bank. I have never seen all of the available teller positions being staffed at the same time in my branch.

13. Likes Russell liked this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast