England vs Denmark - Important!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
England vs Denmark - 7.30am at the Jaragua hotel (Champions sports bar)

If England win, I have a feeling one or two champagne corks might pop.

I actually delayed my flight as I couldn't get a connection that would allow me to see the game in England. Also my sister told me that if I was arriving Saturday lunchtime (GMT) that I had zero chance of any family member picking me up at the airport!

Nice to know I come a distance second to football :)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Go England Go!!

and if play gets a little slow please say a brief prayer for Italy vs Mexico.........I think the Italian team might need all the help they can get to make second round!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Pib said:
Rob, I don't have anything against English people, and I think you are nice and all that. But on Sat I will be rooting for DK. Would that get me banned?

Only if England loose...

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
"Loose" Vs "Lose"

Sorry, once in a while, the anal part of my personality makes an appearance. I have to get my 2 cents in here...it drives me crazy to see this word mis-used.

Loose = Not fastened, restrained, or contained; Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted

Lose = To fail to win; fail in

Thus, a person is not a "looser", they are a "loser" when they "lose", not "loose".

I feel much better now...BTW Denmark is going to lose...go England GO!

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is why I kidded someone who was talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs loosing.. I asked if they were "loose leafs??" hehe

But I never mess with Robert. He can't spell worth a damn, but he does have the delete button in his hand.

Besides, "He that be without sin, cast the first stone?" applies to me...I sure mess up a lot....Dictionary is too heavy to lift up all the time.hehehe

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I knew I was treading in dangerous waters, Hillbilly...why do you think I added "go England GO!"? heehee

Seriously, though, I am so far from perfect, especially grammatically, that I have no right correcting others. Just that one word drives me crazy.

BTW
I caught your earlier funny. I laughed out loud. So, of course, my husband asked me why I was laughing. I don't know, HB, something must be lost in my translation ;) because my husband just didn't get it...looked at me as if I had two heads. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
England...

watch out for Denmark!
I just watched Italy vrs Mexico.
facit:
A well trimmed team of solid players can hang with a bunch of
individualy kicking super stars.
X

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
England vs Denmark - 7.30am at the Jaragua hotel (Champions sports bar)

If England win, I have a feeling one or two champagne corks might pop.

I actually delayed my flight as I couldn't get a connection that would allow me to see the game in England. Also my sister told me that if I was arriving Saturday lunchtime (GMT) that I had zero chance of any family member picking me up at the airport!

Nice to know I come a distance second to football :)

Sorry Rob I can't feel sorry for you. Myheritage is Danish, when you see a little country like Denmark (about 6 million) they deserve to win the whole works!We are red, we are white, weare Danish dynamite!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have a feeling I will not be popping any champagne corks :(

If we LOSE, we LOSE, but I have a feeling this match will go
into extra time....

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks, Robert...I feel like I've accomplished something already today....now there's no more pressure. I think I will take the rest of the day off!

John

Jan 1, 2002
Yu?'ll Never walk alone (as long as it's not at 1.30am)

Rob you will at least have me, Michael and Ross cheering on England with you! Although our children may be a little less supportative if my son is anything to go by:>) He is currently being threaten with having to watch the England Nigeria game in totality if he doesn't wear his England outfit on Saturday! He is six and just as likely to start shouting in support of Denmark just to annoy me (rather like his mother in that respect:>)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Champaign cooling? fat lady tuning up?

Halftime score: England 3---Denmark 0!!!

England scored at the 5', the 23'and the 43'minute marks, all excellent goals...

Denmark missed a couple of chances that would have made things interesting...

Great going Robert! Are you happy Grahame??

HB, smiling to see such a good game......
farmer.gif

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
They looked stroooong.......

and could win the whole thing.

Missed all the goals, taped the wrong channel. But saw 2nd half.
Who can get by this defense???? Brazil???? X.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
I have a feeling I will not be popping any champagne corks :(

If we LOSE, we LOSE, but I have a feeling this match will go
into extra time....

What can I say except wait until Germany :(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have the game on tape

This might be of interest to Robert and others...
beerchug.gif

LMK

HB
needs_a_shave.gif

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Oh yeah baby!!!

Now thats' what I'm talking about!!!

Good game, the score line didn't reflect the game.

I have a feeling Brazil will win their game, bring them on :)