Its all about oil, Stupid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok guys, here is an article that I have read. Hope you would find it interesting. Things that (so called) free media wouldn't dare talk about.
Like I said, if you are a journalist and would like to keep your job, better stick to what government tells you to do and not poke your nose into something which can distroy your career.
Here is a Brave american who sees things A BIT DIFFERENTLY.
Read on friends.

It is all about Oil, Stupid!

By Joseph Clifford

JAMES TOWN, Rhode Island - The Russians got into their Vietnam right after we got out of ours? Isn't that strange?

We supported Bin Laden and the Taleban for years, and viewed them as freedom fighters against the Russians? Isn't that strange?

As late as 1998 the US was paying the salary of every single Taleban
official in Afghanistan? Isn't that strange?

There is more oil and gas in the Caspian Sea area than in Saudi Arabia, but you need a pipeline through Afghanistan to get the oil out. Isn't that strange?

UNOCAL, a giant American Oil conglomerate, wanted to build a 1000-mile long pipeline from the Caspian Sea through Afghanistan to the Arabian Sea. Isn't that strange?

UNOCAL spent $10 billion on geological surveys for pipeline construction, and very nicely courted the Taleban for their support in allowing the construction to begin. Isn't that strange?

All of the leading Taleban officials were in Texas negotiating with UNOCAL in 1998. Isn't that strange?

1998-1999 - The Taleban changed its mind and threw UNOCAL out of the country and awarded the pipeline project to a company from Argentina. Isn't that strange?

John Maresca, vice president of UNOCAL, testified before Congress and said no pipeline until the Taleban was gone and a more friendly government was established. Isn't that strange?

1999-2000 - The Taleban became the most evil people in the world. Isn't that strange?

Niaz Naik, a former Pakistani Foreign Secretary, was told by senior American officials in mid-July that military action against Afghanistan would go ahead by the middle of October. Isn't that strange?

Sept 11, 2001 - WTC disaster.

Bush goes to war against Afghanistan even though none of the hijackers came from Afghanistan. Isn't that strange?

Bush blamed Bin Laden but has never offered any proof saying it's a
"secret." Isn't that strange?

Taleban offered to negotiate to turn over Bin Laden if we showed them some proof. We refused; we bombed. Isn't that strange?

Bush said: "This is not about nation building. It's about getting the
terrorists." Isn't that strange?

We have a new government in Afghanistan. Isn't that strange?

The leader of that government formerly worked for UNOCAL. Isn't that
strange?

Bush appoints a special envoy to represent the US to deal with that new
government, who formerly was the "chief consultant to UNOCAL." Isn't that strange?

The Bush family acquired their wealth through oil? Isn't that strange?

Bush's secretary of interior was the president of an oil company before
going to Washington. Isn't that strange?

George Bush Sr. now works with the "Carlysle Group" specializing in huge oil investments around the world. Isn't that strange?

Condoleezza Rice worked for Chevron before going to Washington. Isn't that strange?

Chevron named one of its newest "supertankers" after Condoleezza. Isn't that strange?

Dick Cheney worked for the giant oil conglomerate Haliburton before becoming vice president. Isn't that strange?

Haliburton gave Cheney $34 million as a farewell gift when he left the
company. Isn't that strange?

Haliburton is in the pipeline construction business. Isn't that strange?

There is $6 trillion worth of oil in the Caspian Sea area. Isn't that
strange?

Tony Blair is an Ex British Petroleum (BP) executive. Isn't that strange?

The US government quietly announced on Jan 31, 2002 that we will support the construction of the Trans-Afghanistan pipeline. Isn't that strange?

President Musharraf (Pakistan) and interim leader Karzai, (Afghanistan
-UNOCAL) announce agreement to build proposed gas pipeline from Central Asia to Pakistan via Afghanistan. (Irish Times 02/10/02) Isn't that strange?

It is all about Oil, Stupid - Didn't you get it

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Oh I Get It!
And frankly, I don't care how many "Towel Heads" we have to kill as long as the US economy keeps moving. It is us against them. I have no desire to sacrifice my lifestyle in anyway just to appease some "Camel Jockeys!"

Tony C.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Like I said, if you are a journalist and would like to keep your job, better stick to what government tells you to do and not poke your nose into something which can distroy your career.
There are some interesting facts in the above article, but I'm not convinced that Mr. Clifford is at the top of his journalistic field. One more "Isn't that strange?" and I was reporting him to the police for unlawful redundancy.

And what publications, AZB, do you read where the writers feel the need to address their audience as "stupid"? Name your source, AZB - I'm guessing some high school newspaper...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Very funny TonyC.
Not surprised to see your true colors, what can you expect from the son of a deserted cuban. All it took was one rebel (castro) from the hills to kick all of you loud mouth coward cubans out for good. Never have seen so many coward cubans surrender to only one bearded cigar smoking but a brave man.
So tell me this, what are you gonna do to get your land back? Atleast the palestinians have the balls to fight back, you fags only talk.
Have a nice day.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Looks like

there is turm_oil under your turbans again!!!

Thailand bound X_man

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
X man, don't forget to tell me about your Thai basket trick experience. Tell me if its really true what they say about the spinning basket?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Its very easy to ridicule and make a mockery of this article and dismiss it as High school literature. Nice way to divert attention and criss is very good at that.
You folks have only known about Afghanistan and taliban (bin laden etc) only a very short time. We have been following these developments for many years. I had always known about the pipeline business though afghanistan for many years. Pakistan had their interests set on their Karachi sea port for pumping out the oil to the world. Everyone was to make money but then things went wrong when the taliban decided to go against the american interests. This war was in planning for many years and US troops were already stationed in former soviet states north of Afghanistan. The idea is to pump out the oil from the ex soviet states and snake the pipeline through afghanistan and out to the world through the pakistani, karachi sea port.
We all knew Afghanistan was going to be attacked but a very good reason was needed to take on the assult. Not just afghanistan but Iraq would also be hit soon.
Just watch, there would evolve a very good reason to attack iraq now. The 9/11 unfortunate incident has opened the doors to war against terrorism globally. But is it really about stopping terrorism or is it about killing the folks who are not in agreement with the american interests?
Don't fool yourselves, these wars and military actions have been long planned in advance. Iraq will be attacked 100%, take my words for it. If the world is against this military compaign then another disaster would sure to hit US soil and the blame will go directly to Sadam Hussain. There will be massive news coverage and a massive brain washing campaign by the government. You will all support the military actions just like you have in the past.
read below another article by another journalist.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
War on terror masks Bush's grand strategy
By ERIC MARGOLIS, Toronto Sun
I enlisted in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam conflict because I believed the war was just and it was the duty of male citizens of democracies to perform military service in wartime.

Thirty-five years later, White House tape recordings revealed that by 1967 Democratic president Lyndon Johnson knew the war was lost, yet kept sending tens of thousands of American soldiers to their deaths because he had no better plan and feared the domestic political consequences of a pullout. Johnson and Robert McNamara, his secretary of defence, persistently lied to and deceived Americans.

This bitter experience, and two decades as a journalist, left me with deep cynicism and a profound distrust of most politicians. The present war in Afghanistan fills me with unease. Once again, the White House is not telling the full truth to its citizens, and is risking the lives of soldiers in a war whose aims are constantly shifting, nebulous and overreaching. What began as a limited operation to kill the elusive Osama bin Laden has ballooned into a campaign to invade Iraq and dominate South/Central Asia.

Afghanistan, as last week's bloody fighting showed, was not the cakewalk predicted by hawks and instant experts. Far from "mopping up isolated al-Qaida remnants," U.S. forces and their auxiliaries battled heavily armed forces that included hundreds of new volunteers.

The Pentagon and unquestioning U.S. media always refer to Afghans fighting on the U.S. side as "anti-Taliban Afghan forces." In fact, almost all are U.S.-paid mercenaries. Their lack of martial ardour is why U.S. troops were used in last week's attacks.

President George Bush's claim the U.S. invaded Afghanistan to "defend democracy" and/or "stamp out terrorism" is certainly not the whole story. The Pentagon had drawn up plans to invade Afghanistan, and U.S. Special Forces were operating in Kyrgyzstan, well before 9/11. Over the past five months, the U.S. has established permanent military bases in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and facilities in Kazakstan. In short, a constellation of air and army bases designed for long-term strategic control of the region, under the command of the newly activated U.S. 3rd Army, whose HQ was recently moved from the Southern U.S. to Kuwait.

The so-called "war on terrorism" is being used to mask a far grander imperial design: the overthrow of Saddam Hussein that will allow the U.S. to gain control of Iraq's huge oil reserves, which are second only to Saudi Arabia's, and secure American control of the giant Caspian Oil Basin. The new U.S. bases just happen to follow the route of the planned American pipelines that will bring Central Asia's oil and gas riches - the "new Silk Road" - south through Pakistan. Each day, the U.S. is plunging deeper and deeper into South and Central Asia - which I call the Mideast East. American soldiers could end up fighting there 50 years hence. In fact, the Bush administration seems to be emulating the old British Empire.

What was known in Vietnam as "mission creep" is already at work. A brief U.S. incursion into Afghanistan is now growing into permanent commitment and the very "nation-building" that Bush vowed to avoid. The client regime of U.S.-appointed Afghan leader, Hamid Karzai, is kept in power in Kabul by British and U.S. bayonets - just as former Afghan communist regimes were maintained by the Soviet Red Army. The affable Karzai has become the darling of the U.S. media, which gushes over him and his green cloak with the same misplaced rapture it showed for another CIA "asset," Egypt's late leader, Anwar Sadat, who was adored in New York but hated in Cairo.

The U.S. relied on the Russian-controlled Northern Alliance, run by the reinvigorated Afghan Communist party, to overthrow the Taliban. Russia sent $4 billion worth of arms to the Alliance, the real power behind Karzai's let's pretend regime. The Alliance is bankrolled by the drug trade, which it restored after the Taliban was overthrown. Because Pashtun mercenaries hired by the U.S. are unreliable, the U.S. now plans to build an 80,000-man Afghan national army, trained by American "advisers" (shades of Vietnam). The Soviets did exactly the same thing after they invaded Afghanistan in 1979. The Afghan communist Army proved as poor and disloyal as most of South Vietnam's Army.

Old Afghan hands, this writer included, have repeatedly warned the U.S. not to get involved in Afghan tribal and ethnic politics, not to set up permanent bases, not to drive north into Central Asia, and not to force Pakistan into becoming another obedient U.S. client state, like Egypt or Turkey. To get in and then out of Afghanistan as fast as possible. But Bush administration crusaders, gripped by a lust for blood and oil, are charging forward.

America has been scourged by terrorist attacks because of its often heavy-handed interventions abroad, not because Muslims hate democracy or McDonald's. The Saudis who staged kamikaze attacks on the U.S. did so because of the agony of Palestine and Iraq, and American domination of Saudi Arabia. Deeper U.S. involvement in Asia will likely mean more, not less, risk of terrorist attacks

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Its very easy to ridicule and make a mockery of this article and dismiss it as High school literature.
Yes. Veerrry easy to ridicule - I knew you'd agree!

Most thinking people, AZB, are well aware that the US only gets involved in ANYTHING when there is something to be gained. To think otherwise would be extremely na?ve.

That being said, did you hear that they've arrested Sadam Hussein's stepson in the US, and that he was enrolled in a flight school? Hello, terrorists? Time for a new plan...we're on to you....

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/03/hussein.stepson/index.html

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Lets get that pipeline built!

I guess that the Arabs in their own self interest want to stop the pipeline so they can get artificially high prices for their oil. Guess that is why Saddam is causing holy hell with his weapons of mass destruction. Guess that is why Arabs are into terrorism.

Take em out of the picture and build that damn pipeline soonest.

Lets stop Arab greed and get our freedom from blackmail!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Shades of the last 35 yrs ...............

Seems the more things change, the more they remain the same.
Jane J 's comments hit the mark which AZB has been so kind to bring to our attention.
Helps to explain why Canadian gas and oil are so much cheaper on the other side!!!

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
what a bunch of douchebags

AZB...tsk...tsk....tsk.... This Joseph Clifford "pen name" writes for the www.mediamonitors.net web site. This article is a scam. There is no Joseph Clifford from Jamestown, R.I. The insinuation that "he" writes for a R.I. newspaper is fraudulent. I searched and found that same article posted on many different chatrooms and bulletin boards, see the link below for an example (the poster claims to be the owner of a Palestinian internet service). Some of the versions of this "story" dont end each sentence with "Isnt that Strange?". Some versions use the number $10bil..while other versions use 10,000,000,000.00. Obviously, the story gets edited as it gets passed around.

The $10billion for exploration and surveying of the proposed pipeline is rolling-on-the-floor-with-my-ass-hanging-out funny...come,on guys....do a little research before you embarass yourselves like that....geez....your only off by at least a factor of a hundred...the TOTAL capital expenditure budget was $1billion....but thats for ALL their projects..

I'm sure that "James Clifford" isn't some corn fed, steak loving, baseball playing,apple pie eating open minded white guy from Lincoln, Nebraska.....as the hoax wants you to believe.

AZB...i hope that as you read this post, you are learning something...for the alternative is a little freightening

http://www.mediamonitors.net/aboutmmn.html

http://isp-lists.isp-planet.com/isp-chat/0205/msg01091.html

http://www.mediamonitors.net/josephclifford3.html

Edited to plagiarize previous post: depending on the version you find on the internet...you get Taleban...or Taliban

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Jane J... Comon, everyone knows that CNN is controlled by Jews. They only let you know what Israel wants you to know.

Mommc... What the hell are you talking about?

Janice... Stop asking for sources. You must really be Golda!

Villa Trina... Spelling is only a Bs illusion put on earth by the Jews.

Mondango... Please do now present BS Abstractions like those to AZB. He is way too fanatical to consider them.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Oh dang!

And I thought I was the only one scheptical here. When providing a news article it would massively help if the poster includes a link (or only the link) to where it came from. That way we'll know if it came from a reliable source, such as bbc.com, or if it came from an "alternative" news source such as deathtotheinfidels.com (or kansascity.com).

The article does make some valid points, but that is usually how lies are constructed, you start with the truth and then shave off or add the part you are interested in. This was just another time-wasting UL.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The USA "makes war" when it has something to gain!

......."Duh!"....The "A"rabs and muslims make TERROR, because they have no "economies"and to give their teenages something to do when their "islamic mosques,schools,and centers"(read;BRAIN WASHING Clinics)let out for the day!The "Moslem Olimpics"feature "sports" like'Rock Throwing",rock throwing with a black bag over your head,100 meter dash,100 meter dash with 50 lbs. of dynamite on your back,cathing rubber bullets in your teeth,carrying your dead cousin over a field of destoyed cars and chunks of concreteto the "RED CRESCENT"ambulance,"donated" by the "Islamic Center" of Livonia Michigan!There would be a lot more "Homicide Bombers",but most are killed during the "Dress Rehersals"!"Might Makes Right",always has,always will!! And the "Winner" gets to write the history books too!CRISCO

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
How about Eric margolis or charlie watts, are they fake too?
Oh, so if the writer is not a well known jewish news media guru but what he said was all false? Maybe he did exagerate the $$ figures but what he had mentioned is right on the money.
Just look at the future and in the present: USA already has troops stationed in Ex soviet states whose grounds are overflowing with oil. Russia is already pissed off at USA for making that move. Saddam hussain will be over thrown and USA will get control of the oil there as well. Regardless of who clifford is what he says will happen and is already happening as we speak. This is a plan for the next 10 years ahead so be patient. This plan had started during the reagan / bush senior administration. Remember when reagan / Bush Sr. said "new world order..."? They meant what they said.
Jazzcom, Question for you:
What is the only country in the middle east that has the largest arsenal of nuclear, bio-chemical and other mass distructive weapons? Please, tell us....lets see if you really are a honest, unbiased knowledgeable person on the mid east affairs?
In case you won't asnwer, its Israel.
Lets talk about Israel who does have the weapons already in their possession. Why can't the arabs have the same defensive weapons against Israel?

News media always seem to be asking biased question: ex: Does israel has the right to exist? tell me how many times have you heard that?
But lets analyse this: Israel does exist and will exist, then why is it that we never ask: Does palestine has the right to exist? A state which does not exist at present? You see how they (media) direct your way of thinking about the middle eastern affairs?
Then we all blame Arafat for not controlling Terorism. How silly of us to assume he has the capacity of controlling anything, when israel has dismantled his police, killed his security forces, closed him off in his compound, then blew up his compound, he cannot move around anywhere, no intelligence network, not allowed to control anything without asking israel first, only controls 5 percent of the occupied territories and has absolutely no power to practice, thanks to USA and Israel. Then we expect him to control terror? Now Israel has the most advance weaponary in the world, intelligence network that even penetrates within american CIA network and has spies all over arab countries. Nost advanced military IDF...you name it and they have it. But can israel avoid terrorist activities against its own people? No.
So why do we expect Arafat to have the ability to control terrorists when he has absolutely no chance of making any kind of attempt when nothing is available to him?
No, you will never hear that disscussed on CNN or anywhere.
jane J, you are right to think that americans would only engage in international affairs when they would have something to gain. However, remember this: If you guys are going to go in and destroy countires after another ex: iraq, afghanistan, support Israel against arabs, Vietnam and now, Iraq again.... you are only asking for more trouble on your own home land and upon your own people. Don't expect the other side to hand you flowers and don't be shocked if another bomb would to blow up something else somewhere. I don't think its fair to people like Pearl and other americans who have to pay for american intervention in other countries far away from their borders.
jane J, the arrest of the step son of saddam Hussain is all a show for you people. He will be realeased and deported. They have no case against him. Don't think every Middle eastern person is out to crash a plane into buildings if he attends a flight school. My brother is in aviation industry and he has flight training so can he qualify as a terrorist?
You see how you people react to every word the media says to you? Time to change your robotic CPU brain chip.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
How about Eric margolis .....

the Toronto Sun which you listed as printing eric margolis' article could hardly be described as a reliable news source either. we refer to it as a tabloid newspaper.

mob

Status
Not open for further replies.