3 or 4 Day Packages From Canada??

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a 3 or 4 day package travelling from Toronto? It doesn't matter which part of the DR...I just need to get away!

Thanks!

Deb

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
With AA Sure

debs said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a 3 or 4 day package travelling from Toronto? It doesn't matter which part of the DR...I just need to get away!

Thanks!

Deb

Look for netsavers Miami to La Romana or Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata, usually US $149 or so, find a R/T to Miami from Toronto - even Air Canada, allowing for connections.

Stay at a real hotel not AI, wherever, there's lots. You may not save alot but you should be able to do Friday out, Tuesday back within reason.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My friend Bob, from up in Peterborough usually calls on thursday to see if there are any "last minute seats-air only" And he gets great deals....he just calls every line that goes to POP and SDQ....

HB

La Profesora

Jun 23, 2002
In the past, I have seen three and four day packages to the DR on the Signature website. They were sell offs, so very much last minute. The ones I recall were in February and March.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
If you want to go to Las Vegas or Nassau

Lee-Lee said:
try humetravel.com

Holy moley. 30 pages of 3 and 4 day trips to everywhere but the subject destination and no way to narrow it down but to read every page. Belair has 95 trips for 11/30, not one under a week.

I think it is truly difficult to find Transat or Skyservice doing 4 day trips to the Caribbean other than Nassau.

Interesting though they figure people will pay $4003 CDN per person on 12/8 for 4 days at Sandals Bahamian. I am not sure $8,006 ($8,283.40 w/ taxes) a couple is a terrible affordable 4 day treat. Read page 30.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

It's too bad that there aren't any shorter packages than 7 days available. The Bahamas and Las Vegas don't really interest me and even less at that price! I guess I'll just have to wait for my vacation time to kick in so I can go for a week or two.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
sun holidays advertised in monday's paper:

$448. Cdn

5 nights depart dec. 14/02

barcelo punta goleta in Puerto Plata.

SunHolidays.ca

maybe it's still available.

:classic: mob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
A rare find indeed

5 days is a nice respite and for $448 CDN a good deal regardless of destination in the DR.

448 CDN + 186 departure taxes, sunholidays fails to mention that.
Those are a rare find to other than the Bahama's.<br>
In fact a couple of years ago an airline out of Detroit flew to Nassau and returned same day, 6am flight and 9pm return for $99. A quick day on the beach.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Still, if you can tolerate AI's

Hlywud said:

$634 for 5 days for air hotel and I presume some chow is cheap at $127 a day. You could not get a room in Toronto for that with taxes.

Still charter planes and AI's is not a vacation to me.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
i'm thinking the same way too, rick

Hlywud said:

$448. Cdn is better than the air only rate to POP for this time of year. $186. Cdn is equivalent to paying $40. Cdn/night for a hotel room that includes meals and drinks. it was advertised as an AI resort.

even if you only had breakfast there and left the complex for lunch, dinner and night-time disco too, it's still a great deal.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Punta Goleta is a dump by itself halfway between Sosua and Cabarete,not worth more than that price.
J.H.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
if anyone is looking for 3 or 4 day packages to RD, then i guess SunHolidays is the place to look. they have another listing in today's paper:

4 nights depart Dec. 28/02 POP
Victoria Resort AI $948. Cdn (plus taxes as wud pointed out).

if AirCanada does start regular flights in the new year into POP as they have said they would, then you could also book a room through Redseal Vacations as they have per night rates on a good number of hotels.

not to challenge Johnny's assesment of punta goleta, merely a just so you know , both conquest and air transat are advertising the resort (3*)--1 wk dec. 22/02--$1289. Cdn
1 wk jan5-feb 2-- $1099. Cdn

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey mob.....think there's any chance I can pick up cheap tickets for air only Dec 28th-31st for SD or LaRomana. Best I've been able to find so far are $526. plus the $184 taxes pp.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
hey mc.... think there's any chance you could choose a more expensive time to want to travel? if you can wait a week longer, the prices will go down in Jan.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
The flight alone is more Johnny

JOHNNY HONDA said:
Punta Goleta is a dump by itself halfway between Sosua and Cabarete,not worth more than that price.
J.H.

Assuming you can survive and get a few cervezas and meals at this joint no sense in paying more to fly there out of spite for the place. The flight , the bus to the place and whatever you get, $600 CDN is peanuts.

That said I would not take the flight or stay there since charters are horrible and AI's are for tourists but from the perspective of someone game enough to fly charters and stay in AI's I am sure they wouldn't die at this joint.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Possibly a different rating system used?

mobrouser said:

not to challenge Johnny's assesment of punta goleta, merely a just so you know , both conquest and air transat are advertising the resort (3*)

Maybe it was on a 1-100 star scale or it was a rating system used for landfill sites.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey mob....it used to be the cheapest right after Christmas and before New Years......I already know it's $150 cheaper on Jan 4th!
Was hoping for a super=duper last minute selloff (I can't believe there's that many people going to miss New Years at home??!!)