hi
my criteria is as follows
safe area ( no squatter problems)
nil expensive association gate fees
area between cabarete and pop
block size 500 metres sq minimum
access to electricity water ect
close to beach...not necessarily on it

if you do please recommend the areas in your responses and perhaps the real estate agents number/email if you know it. Ill be visiting in April
thanks

Last edited:

pavel

Nov 14, 2003
beach property

Escott said:
Why not on the beach?
Hello Escott... of course on the beach do you know of any for that price between Sosua and Cabarete ?? Best Paul

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Guys,

You are probably wasting your time if you're looking for a lot around that area for that price. According to some people in here a two bedroom apartment in that area goes for about 200k USD, so I would assume it is impossible to find a lot for that price. We're talking Miami Beach type of prices here...In a smaller or non-touristy town you could probably buy a pretty nice lot with that money.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
suarezn said:
Guys,

You are probably wasting your time if you're looking for a lot around that area for that price. According to some people in here a two bedroom apartment in that area goes for about 200k USD, so I would assume it is impossible to find a lot for that price. We're talking Miami Beach type of prices here...In a smaller or non-touristy town you could probably buy a pretty nice lot with that money.
He will find what he wants going towards Puerto Plata or in Costa Azul in Cabarete. I don't know if there is any community fees there or not but it is a lower end development.

PS... I was just kidding regarding beach front. not a chance of 10-12k there.

I don't see much in lots in the Sosua/Cabarete area in a decent area without traveling dirt roads to nowhere that are 12k and under. I did see some swamp land in Cabarete that was advertised on the bulliten board outside the Playero in Sosua for 3500 US Dollars but when I went to look at it I just laughed and wondered why I even bother. There may be lots available near never never land at that price but you won't want to live there.

I put offers on 15 different lots in Sosua today and got turned down at 2x the price you want to pay albeit in a gated community with a monthly fee of 100 US $ which you didn't want.

The 200k 2 bedroom Condo referenced is NEW construction ON the OCEAN with kick *** views, walking distance to beach and town and 150 m2. You can find 2 bedroom condo w/1 1/2 bath 80m2 convienent to nothing for 45k without a view of course. Some people just don't understand what ocean front is all about. BTW: These condos are NO longer available for sale at that price since they were sold out.

Escott

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
sorry guys but yes, there is ...

the land I bought is less than 5 min (by car) from Cabarete center
500sqm (US 25/sqm)
no squatter problems
no gated comunity (no fees)
with water and EdeNunca power access
possibility to connect to 24 hr power from one of the nearby hotels
100m from a beautiful quiet beach

garbige gets collected twice a week (300 Pesos/month)
cableTV (300 Pesos / month)
24/7 high speed internet access (1000 Pesos/month)

I bought this land and built a small house 10 years ago and I'm very happy with it, today I would buy the very same lot.

Around my lot, there is still land available still for the same price.

However, I'm not sure if I really want neighbours... (just kidding).

quaqualita

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Of course you're sure!

quaqualita said:
However, I'm not sure if I really want neighbours.
You don't!

Stop back up with Laura and that Ohmite guy of yours. You can ride our slow horses while I tell you some more stories. If you think your car won't take it I'll meet you all at LAX. LOL.

Tom aka XR

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
quaqualita said:
Around my lot, there is still land available still for the same price.

However, I'm not sure if I really want neighbours... (just kidding).

quaqualita

Sooo, I suppose no contact info regarding seller will be made available on the board. Too bad though, sounds interesting to me, to say the least. Could be nice to own a small cottage by the ocean as well...

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Go check your PMs

billyidol said:
hi

if you do please recommend the areas in your responses and perhaps the real estate agents number/email if you know it. Ill be visiting in April
thanks

I might have what you're looking for

pavel

Nov 14, 2003
JanH said:
Pavel - here are some links to realtors on north coast, listing just their lots for sale. You can get some in your price range

http://www.karibik-invest.com/search.cgi?category=3&lang=en&resultfrom=0&resultto=9 - US prices in rightmost column.

http://www.juanperdomo.com/eng/index.htm

Both real estate agents have been used satisfactorily by DR1ers.
tks janH. Appreciate your info..will use it next time in Sosua..what is your feeling and reality about investment in PM / improoved/ since there is new manegment and Robert is building nice villas ?? anybody comments would be welcome. Rgds to escott since he apparently knows what is he doing there and all who trying hard to inform this forum about RE in DR...Tks Pavel

pavel

Nov 14, 2003
Talking about PM Perla Marina

JanH said:
Sorry, Pavel - don't know who you are talking about - Robert?
Was trying to compate the situation PM .. Perla Marina after new managmnt and new builder / Robert / put new nice Villas with improoved security enhenced Value ?? ..tks Paul

pavel

Nov 14, 2003
Talking about PM Perla Marina

JanH said:
Sorry, Pavel - don't know who you are talking about - Robert?
Robert I Was trying to compare the situation in PM .. Perla Marina ..after new managmnt and new builder / Robert / put new nice Villas with improoved security therefor enhenced Value ?? ..tks Paul

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
The realtor we bought our house from lives in PM. When we were there in January, we went thru there. He said some fabulous houses were being built by a new builder. And they are. He has subdivided a whole block near the entrance - each lot having a coral wall surrounding it. This one house he was building was bought before it was finished at a steep price. But the house was really unique with alot of extras. More guards were at the gate too, but we were waved in.

Those lots aren't in your price range.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
billyidol said:
hi

thanks
Spoke to a friend today who has 1000m2 lots "IN" Cabarete and walking distance to the beach for 25k US and will give financing at 10% with 8k down if you are interested. Each lot has a deslinda which is like a guaranteed something or other that cost about 3k to get done.

Personally I dislike Cabarete because you can't even drive through the freakin one lane in the town. Traffic, pollution, overpriced and they even give 4% less in the cambios there.

Hope this post is ok Robert, if not delete it.

Regards,
Scott

pavel

Nov 14, 2003
cabarete/lot for sale

Hello Scot . is it east side or west side of C. how fahr from he beach, is something around?? / development / .tks and Rgds Paul