Help me name this dance tune!

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
Here's a toughie,

I was in the DR three weeks ago and several times, especially in a nightclub in Puerto Plata, I heard a fun and fast tune with the words "te amoooo, te amo..." It is an upbeat and popular song, and I'd like to say that it is merengue-flavoured, but I can't say for sure. It is NOT a ballad. Is there anyone who can identify this song and the artist? I'd love to find out...

RunnerBabe

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
It sounds like the new bachata from Zacarias Ferreira titled Te Amo, or there could be a new merengue that I haven't heard. I was in POP about four weeks ago and the bachata was the one I heard.

Minni

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If it's a fast merengue it could be Fernando Villalona.

It start a little slow then goes into aw aw aw te,amo te amo te amo , con todo la fuerza te amo.

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
Hi,

It's not the tune by Fernando Villalona-- I've checked that one out. The song I'm thinking of is actually a bit more upbeat than that; about 100 beats per minute or something like that. I'm not sure about the Zacarias Ferreira song. I can't seem to locate a clip for it anywhere, so I'm assuming it's really new.

RunnerBabe

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
If it's that fast it probably not the bachata. What else does the song say? Where in POP did you here it?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Villalona has two songs with "Te amo" in it. The fast one is called " Yo te amo"
and the other is called " Te amo solo"

If there's a faster one then "Yo te amo" I'd like to hear it. :bunny:

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
You know the silly thing about this is that I don't even know any of the other words in the song. If one of you were here, I could hum a few bars of it for you...! :ermm: I just know that I heard the song several times in Crazy Moon and Hemmingway's (two "touristy" nightclubs in a Puerto Plata resort) and that it was definitely a dance tune--not in the North American sense, but in a meregue kind of way. I'll look into the other Villalona song and cross my fingers.

RunnerBabe

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
Well, I checked out the Villalona's "Yo Te Amo" and that's not it. But what a great song! The song I heard is almost, or, as fast as that one. Frustrating!

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
ok now I'm really wondering. I'm going to look through the cd's I bought when I was there. I've got some pretty fast stuff in them. Maybe something by Aguakate or something similar. Did they by chance say "El Mismo Krispy" in the song? I'm going to check and let you know.

Minni

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I wish i knew as well!

I think i know which one you mean but unfortunately i don't know the artist either. It was my wifes favourite song last time we went.

Runnerbabe - where would you recommend for a lively night out in Puerta Plata after going recently?

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
tired boy- we only went to crazy moon and hemingway's, which are within the cluster of "tourist-friendly" resorts. i wish we would've went into town and visited some of the clubs that the locals frequented. i think that would have been fun, although the two places we visited were great as well.

charlie- do you have an idea about the song?

RunnerBabe

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ok...you should've come to the Queen first...

...they don't call me MUSICQUEEN for nothing...

The song you are looking for is called "Idiota" and the name of the singer is Eddy Herrera...

It says:..."Te amo, te amo...soy un idiota...te perd?...pero te amo"!!!

Any other music questions? :cheeky:

MQ

The "Queen" come through

As usual, MQ always has the title, you would think she worked in the music industry. Good job again...........

? <font size="1"><i><font color="Navy">Wud <i>aka</i> </font></font><font size="6"><font color="Blue"><b><font face="Signature">Hlywud </font></b></font></font><i><font size="1"><font color="DarkRed">"If anybody wud Wud wud"</font></font></i></div>

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Well done music queen............i just found it under El Idiota by Eddy Herrera.

Clap Clap!

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
I too realized it was the Eddy Herrea song when I popped the cd in the radio while driving to Fort Lauderdale. I heard it and a light bulb went off.."hey that's probably the song this girl is looking for." MQ glad you found it for her. I really don't consider that song to be pretty fast. Fast would be the Juan Luis Guerra song that say "tengo maripositas que vuelan de lao" I can't for the life of me remember the title. It's a perico ripiao. Anyway let's hope that they Eddy song is the one she wants, cause there are a lot of songs with "te amo.

Minni

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musicqueen, you ARE a genius! :laugh: that's the song i was looking for, and that cd is definitely going to be my next purchase. if you were here, i'd kiss your feet...! :classic:

and yes, the song is not quite as fast as i remembered it. pardon me, i was under the influence of that incredible dominican rum--each and every time i heard that song, no doubt.

listening to this song brings back good memories. many thanks to everyone who offered suggestions!

i'm going to start a new thread for this next question, but to anyone reading this now: can you suggest some really good dr music? i'm wanting to get into it, but don't really know where to begin. i started off with aventura, probably because they were a little different. i know it's a broad question, but i'm totally open to anyone's suggestions. i'm into fun and catchy stuff, but the odd ballad is great as long as it isn't too whiny. and not too influenced by "north american" music. i get enough of that here!

RunnerBabe

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
LOL must have been the rum coz it doesn't sound fast to me. ;)

Back to Villalona. He has an album called "Mal Acostumbrado" and the song with the same name is great. Also "Un profeta en su tierra", "no me dejan verla", "ay bueno" has two versions, one ballad and one fast , "todo hombre que sabe querer"

Other singers are Juan Luis Guerra. Do a search we have covered Dominican singers before. I heard a couple on the music station that I like but are not Dominican singers.

"La Paga" by Juanes is a cute song, also "mala gente".
The ballads I enjoyed the most are by "Alexandre Pires". But they are all romantic ballads

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Minni said:
I too realized it was the Eddy Herrea song when I popped the cd in the radio while driving to Fort Lauderdale. I heard it and a light bulb went off.."hey that's probably the song this girl is looking for." MQ glad you found it for her. I really don't consider that song to be pretty fast. Fast would be the Juan Luis Guerra song that say "tengo maripositas que vuelan de lao" I can't for the life of me remember the title. It's a perico ripiao. Anyway let's hope that they Eddy song is the one she wants, cause there are a lot of songs with "te amo.

Minni

From the Fogarate CD of Juan Luis Guerra y 4.40

A que le lloro yo, a que le lloro yo...

As for the Eddy Herrera song "El Idiota" it's everything but not a fast paced merengue, it owns a few fast changes in some places but it's more of a Balladrengue than anything else...

Last edited:

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Yup Pichardo!!!!

It hit me, La Cosquillita. I love that song. RunnerBabe check it out. This one is fast.

Minni