Help me name this dance tune!

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
I know I'm a bit late for this thread but I got back from POP about a month ago and I just checked out this song, ahhh I remember it well. Thanks, brings back some fun memories.

RunnerBabe

Mar 6, 2004
yes, that song in particular, as well as any of aventura's, continue to remind me of great times there. ;)

i was there about 2 months ago and the memories are still undoubtedly fresh in my mind!

dianna

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The answer is in

MusicQueen is right, the song is by none other than one of my most hated and overrated merengue singers Eddy Herrera, whom I despise. All his songs sound alike and he is most famous for his ridiculous song "La Licuadora" and his sexist song where he shows his taste for little girls, something he probably does in private.
TW

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
All his songs sound alike and he is most famous for his ridiculous song "La Licuadora" and his sexist song where he shows his taste for little girls, something he probably does in private.
I share that opinion, Golo - that "demaciada ni?a" song reveals him for the pervert that he is.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Golo100 said:
the song is by none other than one of my most hated and overrated merengue singers Eddy Herrera. All his songs sound alike and he is most famous for his ridiculous song "La Licuadora" and his sexist song where he shows his taste for little girls.
TW

Being an englishman who knows nothing about the history of merengue singers and one who doesn't know enough about the spanish language to understand the songs.............. I didnt know this.

El Idiota still gets me moving though!

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
tired_boy said:
Being an englishman who knows nothing about the history of merengue singers and one who doesn't know enough about the spanish language to understand the songs.............. I didnt know this.

El Idiota still gets me moving though!

My thoughts exactly. I understand spanish and checked out the words to this song which is really just repeating the chorus a bunch of times but it definitely makes me want to move and wishing I could be in the DR dancing!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Merengue anyone?

Look guys...if it's rythmn and beat to get your hips shaking, almost any merengue will do. But Eddy Herrera is as old as listening to Jefferson Airplane. There are quite a few riskier merengue bands that sound more like today's beat. Try listening to a group called "Staff" and listen to their version of "Baila Morena", from the original Hector and Tito regetton song. If you think Eddy Herrera makes you move, you will need Valium to tranquilize you after you hear "Staff". But if you just like old timers, I suggest Los Toros Band's newer song "Yo solo se que tu eres loca conmigo". I share the same feeling about this band as with Herrera, but this song is really catchy, specially the instrumental part. It is a combination of Toros and Juan Luis Guerra early music.
I also recommend: Grupo Mania, La Banda Chula(Nelson de La Olla) and Tulile.
TW

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
Golo100 said:
Look guys...if it's rythmn and beat to get your hips shaking, almost any merengue will do. But Eddy Herrera is as old as listening to Jefferson Airplane. There are quite a few riskier merengue bands that sound more like today's beat. Try listening to a group called "Staff" and listen to their version of "Baila Morena", from the original Hector and Tito regetton song. If you think Eddy Herrera makes you move, you will need Valium to tranquilize you after you hear "Staff". But if you just like old timers, I suggest Los Toros Band's newer song "Yo solo se que tu eres loca conmigo". I share the same feeling about this band as with Herrera, but this song is really catchy, specially the instrumental part. It is a combination of Toros and Juan Luis Guerra early music.
I also recommend: Grupo Mania, La Banda Chula(Nelson de La Olla) and Tulile.
TW

Thanks TW. I am aware that there are other songs out there that yes do make me move. This was just a song that will remind me of my trip, that's all. Just like when I went in 1999 and went to see Rubby Perez in conert, "Tu vas a volar" will always remind me of that trip and I know not he is not very popular with this crowd but that song is one of my favorites. The same goes for when I listen to Milly, Los Toros Band, Sergio Vargas...there is always a song that will stick out as one of my favorites from that time I was in the DR that will make me feel like dancing.

Last edited: