melia caribe tropical

caribbean_bride

Mar 23, 2004
www.digital-werks.net
Has anyone been to this resort lately? Does anyone have any photos they can share?

I can't find much about this resort except on trip advisor and there reviews are pretty mixed.

I am thinking about getting married there or Iberostar and wanted some more info.

Thanks
c-

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Caribe and Tropical is the same Sol Melia hotel. You would have to contact the hotel directly to see if there is a rate differentiation between the two sections.

Bonnie

Oct 26, 2003
I don't know anything about the Iberostar, but I did post a thread about the Melia Caribe Tropical and the Paradisus on 2/16/04 on this site. The Caribe Tropical is a nice hotel, lovely and large grounds--a train(tram) takes you around the grounds, or you can walk. We did witness a wedding there--pretty setting.

Best of luck.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I will be in melia caribe tropical next weekend (not this coming weekend, I cancelled it). Then I will give you my full report via pm. from what i hear, its an excellent hotel and worth every dollar. the beach will change your life forever. The food is excellent as compared to other A1 resorts. I have a very good friend working there so if you do end up there, I will make sure that he will take a good care of you.
AZB

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Caribbean bride...

Here are some pictures I took on my trip to the Melia Caribe Tropical...

The wedding gazebo is a beautiful setting for a wedding!!! There's a picture there of the 'dome'...from inside the gazebo...Gorgeous!!!

Congratulations!

Entrance to the Hotel...
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/14977/photo1.html

Entrance to the wedding gazebo...
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/12180/photo5.html

On another note...and not to hijacked the thread...but I must ask...

WHAT IS GOING ON???
First Golo100 confesses to liking bachata...and now AZB is going to an AI??? :alien:

I thought you despised them!!! Beware of the 'sankies/sankettes' there!!! :rambo:

Oh, but you know all that already!!! :rolleyes:

Are you bringing any of the beautiful girls from Santiago? ;)

Last edited: