manuel de moya

Sep 20, 2003
does anyone know what happened to one of trujillo's favorite diplomats, manuel de moya after the trujillo family left the DR in 1961? does anyone know when he died?

mdm16

Oct 9, 2004
joel pacheco said:
does anyone know what happened to one of trujillo's favorite diplomats, manuel de moya after the trujillo family left the DR in 1961? does anyone know when he died?

Hello:
This is manuel demoya (his grandson), the entire family whent back to the DR and still lives there, I am the only one living in the USA.
How do you know about my grandfather??

Sep 20, 2003
Hello. Your grandfather appears in history books dealing with Trujillo. I seem to remember the biography of Trujillo by Crassweller talking about him as one of Trujillo's key diplomats in the United States.

Sincerely, Joel Pacheco

Sep 20, 2003
By the way...

Please answer these questions for me:

When did your grandfather die?

Who was your grandfather married to?

How was your grandfather treated by the various Domincan governments after Trujillo was killed?

mdm16

Oct 9, 2004
Send personal email addresses to the poster you would like to communicate via pm.

I'm sure you don't want the whole world to have this information.

-Berzin

Last edited by a moderator:

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
Manuel De Moya

Manuel De Moya Alonso is my grandfather.

I do extensive genealogy and have many bits of information (historical and personal) about him.

Feel free to message me on here.

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
Additionally, Ogre of the Caribbean, here are the answers to your questions:
* I cannot locate is specific death date, but it would be abt. 1977 or 1978. I am still digging.
* He was married to a woman named Ana Mar?a - I cannot find her surname, as of yet. Together their children included: Joselyn, Tony, Rafael & Victor.
* He impregnated a young woman by the name of Athenia Leonor De Pe?a, of which he long denied, however DNA was taken to prove the legitimacy of the child. Athenia birthed a little baby girl at 19 years of age. Athenia was the daughter of a politician in Trujillo's administration.
* His nickname was "El Pimpo".
* He was a very handsome actor, who was in a musical in 1939 in New York City, where he lived briefly with Ana Mar?a, Joselyn and baby Tony. Tony was born in New York City. MDM was filming, ''DI QUE ME QUIERES" with other well-known actors.
* He appeared in a number of Colgate toothpaste commercials.
* The surname of De Moya is of Basque heritage, coming from the Basque word, 'oi' meaning 'pastures'. Or more literally, 'of the pastures.'
* As for his treatment, that is questionable. He traveled a lot and I am not certain of how long he remained in the Dominican political scene after Trujillo's assassination. As far as I've gathered from documents, he boarded a ship with the young man who shot Trujillo, I believe in an effort of exiling him. As the young man ( a dissident student ) who assassinated Trujillo was never allowed into the Dominican Republic again. He was exiled to the United States.

I can share much more, this is just bits to answer or assuage your curiosity.

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
I am a woman, not a man, and additionally, I am not the individual (mdm16) who responded to Joel Pacheco. I've only seen this thread now. So to me, it's a new thread and it's still relevant. Thank you for taking the time to respond, though you are not interested.

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
I don't know you. Please be civil. Stop trolling me. I did not dislike your post. Please move on if you are not interested. You sound very angry. Thank you and wishing you well, too. Best.

Feb 7, 2007
Wooohoooho way to start on this board... insulting others and asking them to move on because they dared to step into a thread you resurrected from the death ... welcome to DR1, you are here, so get used to the DR1 way!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I expect Ogre would still be interested in this info, please send him a private message if he doesn't respond soon.

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
Ok. Thank you. I am new to the site. I was not aware there was an etiquette for "dead threads" on this forum. I assumed if it wasan unwanted topic or if it was so old that further commenting would be unallowed or disabled. My apologies for annoying users, ifI have done so. And also, Turkish is my first language, so I am sorry if my English comes across as insulting or confusing. I have no bone to pick with anyone and have no malice in my heart. Just offering some insight.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ok. Thank you. I am new to the site. I was not aware there was an etiquette for "dead threads" on this forum. I assumed if it wasan unwanted topic or if it was so old that further commenting would be unallowed or disabled. My apologies for annoying users, ifI have done so. And also, Turkish is my first language, so I am sorry if my English comes across as insulting or confusing. I have no bone to pick with anyone and have no malice in my heart. Just offering some insight.

Hello and welcome to DR1. If a thread hasn't been closed by a moderator, anyone is free to add comments to it, so you did nothing wrong.

I found it all very interesting, thanks for posting!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011

Fascinating information. Thanks.

One question, you mentioned that you are the granddaughter of Manuel de Moya? If so, i was curious how Turkish is your first language (Were you born in Turkey or did you grow up there? Are you half Dominican? Also, do you know the other grandson--MDM16--who responded to this thread. It would seem that you guys are distantly related.

I'm just curious, and I find it interesting because I am half Dominican as well.

Frank

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
Hi Frank, Thanks for writing. Manuel De Moya is my maternal grandfather.

I am Turkish on my paternal side, from Istanbul, all my paternal family is in Istanbul. I don't know mdm16. Yes, I believe we arebut I don't know the De Moya's as the birth was "illegitimate" and unaccepted by the De Moya's. As Manuel was already married with children, and of course as you all know, in politics.

Di que me quieres

Aug 10, 2013
Thanks, JDJones! ^_^

I was a little taken aback and quite confused by the initial reaction and "welcome" to the forum. I thought I had committed a grave mistake according to the dr1 forum rules. I appreciate the clarification.