2 Murderers on the loose its time to buy a pistol

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Ive never been so glad to log onto DR1 and see familar names and a couple of people IM me, Im going to need that company in the next couple of days or nights rather whilst I sit and wait. After a fraught start today of trying 2 sort out 2 faulty cars I thought Id do something normal like going to finally collect some money from THAT bank and do some badly needed grocery shop. On the way out I noticed a weird man with sunglasses and hat pulled down over his face, my driver stopped and watched him but he didnt do anything so we continued, I live in a very remote situ. When I arrived home with driver the guard was going crazy, it turns out this man had been mooching around my property and the guard recognised him. He was carrying a huge firearm. The guard told my driver, who said come on quick, into the car and off we went to the police station accompanied by a great friend we met there who translated. Both he and my driver knew both the Sgt. and the Lieutenant. When they told them who the guy was, they moved fast. All back to my house... this ladron and his brother turn out to be very bad people who have aids and dont care who they kill or rob and the DR police have been searching for them for 3 weeks, (oh my goodness all these creepy noises are getting to me......... Its now 10pm.) Anyway The last person they attacked when they escaped was a policeman and it was his gun they were carrying. The Sgt explained I was in very great danger, so dangerous were these men that they were putting 2 patrols to try to keep an eye on the place as they badly needed to catch them. I have never agreed with firearms, felt safe enough with my powerful laser taser, and stun guns and pepper foam, but suddenly the game had changed. He explained that if my aim was not fast and accurate enough with the taser these men were sure to kill me. I must have 24 protection to be safe. I couldnt believe the level of help they were giving me after all the posts Id read about how the Police dont care. This actually made me feel worse as I realised just how dangerous these men must be. These feelings were only reinforced when he gave me all phone numbers including his and the Lieu's cell nos. I have just felt anger up until now and the handcuffs and arms are ready , but its dark and quiet now and I know the real waiting has just begun. Sleep by day and watch by night. God I wish I was sitting laughing with all the DR1ers like last night, in fact I wish they were here (some of their jokes would frighten anyone off) the company would be good. So its time to buy a gun, the Sgt reassured me if I shot them there would be no problems at all. I wish I had one now but I dont know if Id fire it into the air to warn them or let them try to enter and then fire, at least that way it would be over.,,, and finally if any of you pr.ts that usually put your oar in with some nasty comment as you do sometimes to posters on here, (especially to newbie posters,) feel like posting some sarky remark dont. Now is not a good time. Thank you and keep me company with those Ims, the first warning I might have apparently is that they will cut the electric. The security lights on the front have already been cut 4 times the last few days now I know why. I hope I have warned you others in Sosua be on your guard until these scumbags are caught again.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Ladybird... that all sounds absolutely awful! I am scared and I am thousands of miles away!!! Please be sure to hire the appropriate people to be with you to make sure you are safe. Wish it was the fall when I know I could spend a few weeks at your place!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ladybird said:
Ive never been so glad to log onto DR1 and see familar names and a couple of people IM me, Im going to need that company in the next couple of days or nights rather whilst I sit and wait. After a fraught start today of trying 2 sort out 2 faulty cars I thought Id do something normal like going to finally collect some money from THAT bank and do some badly needed grocery shop. On the way out I noticed a weird man with sunglasses and hat pulled down over his face, my driver stopped and watched him but he didnt do anything so we continued, I live in a very remote situ. When I arrived home with driver the guard was going crazy, it turns out this man had been mooching around my property and the guard recognised him. He was carrying a huge firearm. The guard told my driver, who said come on quick, into the car and off we went to the police station accompanied by a great friend we met there who translated. Both he and my driver knew both the Sgt. and the Lieutenant. When they told them who the guy was, they moved fast. All back to my house... this ladron and his brother turn out to be very bad people who have aids and dont care who they kill or rob and the DR police have been searching for them for 3 weeks, (oh my goodness all these creepy noises are getting to me......... Its now 10pm.) Anyway The last person they attacked when they escaped was a policeman and it was his gun they were carrying. The Sgt explained I was in very great danger, so dangerous were these men that they were putting 2 patrols to try to keep an eye on the place as they badly needed to catch them. I have never agreed with firearms, felt safe enough with my powerful laser taser, and stun guns and pepper foam, but suddenly the game had changed. He explained that if my aim was not fast and accurate enough with the taser these men were sure to kill me. I must have 24 protection to be safe. I couldnt believe the level of help they were giving me after all the posts Id read about how the Police dont care. This actually made me feel worse as I realised just how dangerous these men must be. These feelings were only reinforced when he gave me all phone numbers including his and the Lieu's cell nos. I have just felt anger up until now and the handcuffs and arms are ready , but its dark and quiet now and I know the real waiting has just begun. Sleep by day and watch by night. God I wish I was sitting laughing with all the DR1ers like last night, in fact I wish they were here (some of their jokes would frighten anyone off) the company would be good. So its time to buy a gun, the Sgt reassured me if I shot them there would be no problems at all. I wish I had one now but I dont know if Id fire it into the air to warn them or let them try to enter and then fire, at least that way it would be over.,,, and finally if any of you pr.ts that usually put your oar in with some nasty comment as you do sometimes to posters on here, (especially to newbie posters,) feel like posting some sarky remark dont. Now is not a good time. Thank you and keep me company with those Ims, the first warning I might have apparently is that they will cut the electric. The security lights on the front have already been cut 4 times the last few days now I know why. I hope I have warned you others in Sosua be on your guard until these scumbags are caught again.

Barby I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Locked up in your own house cannot be fun. Why would you stay at your house knowing this type of scum could be lurking about? Just leave the guard and get away for a few days.

Unfortuanlty I feel you are always going to be a victim, you live a little off the beaten track, it's obvious to your neighbors you have a few $$$ and some will try and take advantage of this situation.

I'll give you credit for sticking it out, but is it all worth it? Maybe it is, only you know the answer to that?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Brit guts

Robert said:
Barby I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Locked up in your own house cannot be fun. Why would you stay at your house knowing this type of scum could be lurking about? Just leave the guard and get away for a few days.

Unfortuanlty I feel you are always going to be a victim, you live a little off the beaten track, it's obvious to your neighbors you have a few $$$ and some will try and take advantage of this situation.

I'll give you credit for sticking it out, but is it all worth it? Maybe it is, only you know the answer to that?
Wot a Brit run away? never, especially after just finishing 5 months of hell working on this house, I love it Robert, but thanks so much for your support, I really need it now as last night was really tough. I know I heard people def twice, once on the roof, and when I went out at 6am the Sgt was sitting outside. My guard told me the Police patrols were constant throughout the night, discreet and unmarked, they really want these scumbags, even the local garage guys are watching who enters the road. I think the first night was the hardest, its just the tension/waiting that gets to you, I think any eventual confrontation will be a relief. Yes Im considering a few days away. The awful thing about last night is that just after I posted the thread the internet went down and has not long been back. x

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Fiesta Mama said:
Ladybird... that all sounds absolutely awful! I am scared and I am thousands of miles away!!! Please be sure to hire the appropriate people to be with you to make sure you are safe. Wish it was the fall when I know I could spend a few weeks at your place!
I wish you were here too :squareeye

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Ladybird - where do you live and why have they concentrated on your house or you? how scary. by the time i see you at Rocky's next friday, I hope you can say all is over!

Jan

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
JanH said:
Ladybird - where do you live and why have they concentrated on your house or you? how scary. by the time i see you at Rocky's next friday, I hope you can say all is over!

Jan
Jan my house is soooo tempting as you might see one day, Im not going to post where on here for obvious reasons. I havent fully told what the police told me these men have done so far, but believe me its not just me they want to rob/harm/kill. They know they're going to die from aids, so they're on a spree, they want money desperately for things and they dont care who they kill or what they do to get it. I dont know what exactly they did to the policeman but it must have been bad as my police patrols are now every 20mins, theyre determined to catch them, they could have been that frequent during the night I dont know. My post was not just about me, they are obviously casing targets in Sosua and I wanted to warn everyone to be very very vigilant. Thank goodness my spanish grills (security), were completed last week, (they look pretty not as I thought theyd be), they were inexpensive and now the only way anyone can get in is with a soldering or cutting machine. If anyone is interested I can pass their details onto the people that installed my grills, they are worth every peso!!! Be safe see you at Rockys Im really looking forward to meeting you at last.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Barb, I do not recommend you buying a pistol and staying in your house. I think you should check into hotel for a few days until this senario plays itself out. You have a car so you could go to the poilce station for a while each day to remind them of the situation and see if there are any updates. The most important thing right now is to keep yourself out of danger.
Larry

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
YOU should not own a firearm with that attitude

Ladybird said:

If you have any question or hesitation about shooting to kill, don't even consider buying a firearm, they are not for display or to "scare" After you "fire into the air, you may find the next bullet in your belly

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Stay strong! I've had a few preditors in my life and I know its scary. Your life is more important than anything you own. I never got a gun because I was afraid it would be used against me. I wasn't sure if I had the ba**s enough to use it.
the police are patroling the area. If you can, go someplace where you can relax and sleep. Stress plays havoc on a persons body. So do all you can to remain stress free and take a little vaca from your house.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is not a good scenario

I am glad that the Police are looking for them-obviously, since these two guys harmed one oftheir own. That is much in your favor. Be especially nice to whatever agent is assigned to your door. Coffee, a sandwich, a plate of boiled plantains with a couple of greasy fried eggs.

I get the feeling that these guys will not make it to the end of the month.

Barb: We have an extra bedroom for a week.

HB

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Thank you all so much it really matters that you are there, HB forget the sandwiches, I fed them chicken in a sauce, fillet steak 3 types of rice, salad and ice cream, Ive become friends with them because in a situation like this human beings become close weve had a few very tense moments, when again it sounded as if there was someone on the roof. These guys knew what they were doing and I cant believe some of the comments Ive read about them.. They were totally professional. I agree with you they are determined to catch them as theyve hurt 1 of their own. Thank God for that.Thats why Im glad about 20 drers are coming for lunch tomorrow including the Sosua Police. But for goodness sake other people in Sosua should be very careful, 2 other burglars were shot dead a couple of days ago. Keep your windows and doors locked and get those grills fitted.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
AZB said:
un-leash the army of frogs on the damn bastards.
I prefer to unleash the magnums these 2 cops are carrying AZB, you're obsessed with my frogs,,I think I'll have only a vegetable curry from you. Anyway the cops have been instructed to kill these guys and I asked them when they do to give me the extra gun they're carrying, but after reading Larrys advice I think Ive gone back to my original opinion that I dont like having firearms., I think I'll get my extra training on the Taser, Larry?? have you used one? So far we think the torrential rain might be deterring them, although last night we heard noises on the roof, the cops went out but there was no-one there, but my all my lights at the front have been cut again last night. Im just not nervous anymore Im really angry and so grateful to these officers.

Last edited:

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Ladybird you are one brave lady!! I am a big chicken s**t and the fact that you have mentioned a few times that you heard noises on the roof would have me out of there in a matter of seconds. Heck, seeing a cucharacha in the bathroom when I am in the DR gets me running pretty good. I agree with some others that you should not carry a firearm. You have to be properly trained and ready to use a gun or it is more a hinderance than a help!

Stay safe and keep yourself surrounded by people as you are doing.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Fiesta Mama said:
Ladybird you are one brave lady!! I am a big chicken s**t and the fact that you have mentioned a few times that you heard noises on the roof would have me out of there in a matter of seconds. Heck, seeing a cucharacha in the bathroom when I am in the DR gets me running pretty good. I agree with some others that you should not carry a firearm. You have to be properly trained and ready to use a gun or it is more a hinderance than a help!

Stay safe and keep yourself surrounded by people as you are doing.
Thank you mammia
Even when this is over the Police have told me they'll watch my house in the future as it is at risk, also word will get around that my house is being protected and if any ladrons are crazy enough.... (Ive thanked them appropriately they deserve it,, the Sgt gets 1500 pesos fortnightly and they have payments deducted from that, so goodness knows how little a P.C. gets.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Jasper said:
get a dog.

I think this very good advice. It would make me feel a bit better, i know its not going to alleviate the problem though.

I hope that things get sorted for you, this world has got some wicked people in it, hopefully the police will get this sorted out (they appear eager to).

Jem

May 20, 2004
Hope you're hanging in

Everybody needs SUPPORT...... hope you are doing ok.... Would it be possible to get the police officer/Sgt./one of their staff to give you a crash course on how to fire a gun; so then, it would ease your apprhension and increase your own safety in using a firearm - practice on your property, set up a target..... it would keep your mind focused and,alert - empower yourself..... given the graveness of the situation I feel it's imperative you take the bull by the horns...... good luck/might help you get some sleep at night...... I hope your situation has enlightened others who are travellers..... it cirtainly has made me rethink my position on getting a license and take a course myself...
Cheers
:squareeye

:classic:
Ladybird said: