Atlanta/Hair Salon

lolitadds

Jun 19, 2004
I just got a new job in Atlanta. I will be moving there from NYC by mid-August. Does anyone know any good Dominican stylists/hair salons?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Just got back from Atlanta (sorry AtlantaBob-no time to get together!)

lolitadds said:
I just got a new job in Atlanta. I will be moving there from NYC by mid-August. Does anyone know any good Dominican stylists/hair salons?

Let me know where you end up in Atlanta and I'll ask my daughter-in-law if she knows someone near where you are. Atlanta is a BIG place so asking before you know where you'll be living/working is kinda hard to give you an answer........

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
lolitadds said:

Salon y Barberia Dominicana
Su Barbero Dominicano Chamoy
6289 Norcross-Tucker Road
Tucker GA 30084 (suburban Atlanta)
Tel. 770. 414.1410

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Way to go Orlando!

That's a great shop (and close to where my son used to live) however it can be quite a drive if she's not in the Norcross/Tucker area, especially if she's not familiar with the area.
So..........while it is one option, refer to my first post in this thread. :laugh:

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
MommC said:
That's a great shop (and close to where my son used to live) however it can be quite a drive if she's not in the Norcross/Tucker area, especially if she's not familiar with the area.
So..........while it is one option, refer to my first post in this thread. :laugh:

Well... there is a Latino hairstyle/barbershop in Lindbergh Plaza. This is on Piedmont Road at Sidney Marcus Blvd. The name is Lindbergh Beauty and Barber, or something like that. The phone is 404. 233. 8469. There is a Dominican woman who does hair, and a Dominican barber who cuts men's hair. All of the others are Mexican or Puerto Rican. Unfortunately, Lindbergh Plaza is scheduled to be razed in a couple of months so that Bell South can expand its greedy corporate empire.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
If she does head to the Norcross area, she could go to the restaurant Santo Domingo, on Jimmy Carter Blvd. I bet if she asked the waitresses and female patrons they would steer her in the right direction!

Orlando

Feb 28, 2003
rafael said:
If she does head to the Norcross area, she could go to the restaurant Santo Domingo, on Jimmy Carter Blvd. I bet if she asked the waitresses and female patrons they would steer her in the right direction!

Now that I think about it... I was there for lunch Friday... and I remember seeing, among all the business cards laid out on the front counter, a card that said "Dominican Hair Salon" and it was somewhere in Dekalb or Gwinnett County. I should have picked one up.

The two waitresses there Friday were from Colombia and Mexico, incidentally. The last time I was there (about a month ago) there were two waiters... one from Cuba and the other from Guatemala. Go figure. ;o

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
lolittadds, welcome to Atlanta!

I hope you like it here.
If you have any questions about HOTlanta feel free to send me a PM.
Good luck with the hair salons, I did not know about them.

Carabella

lolitadds said:

AtlSexi

Jul 4, 2004
2 Dominican Hair Salons in Atlanta

There is Karisma I and Karisma II. I go to Karisma II on Indian Trail. the other one is on Buford Hwy. Please ask for Selba at 678-924-7660. She is wonderful. They have a wonderful deep conditioning steamer. By the way, they are open on Sunday's beginning at 9am.

I also go to Sula's on Chamblee-Tucker Road. Ask for an appointment with Ada at 770-458-1129. She can blow out some hair.

I have met patrons that have traveled all the way from southwest Atlanta (past the airport) for these stylists.

Welcome to Atlanta. Best of Luck in your future in endeavors.

Robin

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I Had No Idea...

that so many DR1'ers live in Atlanta!!
We should keep in touch, especially with airfare information.
TEHAMA

Last edited:

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
MommC

Sorry I missed you. I've been away quite a bit myself. I used to live in the Norcross-Tucker Area, actually about a thousand meters from the Santo Domingo restaurant, until I bought my little "finca" way out of town. I still work in Tucker, however.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Too bad AltantaBob! We played 5 out of the 7 days we were there!

At least hubby and son did! I joined them 2x for a round and just rode along 2x. They went with "the boys" on Sunday to Bears' Best and then during the week played Collins Hills and St. Marlo's! Great courses down there! Too bad it's probably our last trip to Atlanta as son has been transferred to Tampa.
He's been in Atlanta for 10 years and just when a lot of DR1ers are in the area he gets transferred!!!
Oh well.....we may stop in on our way to Tampa when/if we drive down to visit him sometime.
Guess we'll just have to meet up sometime in the DR. Can't wait to get back! I've been freezing my duff off since we got home except for the week in Atlanta!
Where exactly is your "finca"?

kalawr

Sep 3, 2004
lolitadds said:

I myself, just moved from NYC and is looking for a Dominican stylist. Did you find one? If so please let me know. I am in Rex, Ga. That is in Stockbridge area. Thank you.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wow I am also amazed to see so many Dr1ers live in atlanta or have close knowledge of atlanta area. I will be there 23rd of this month. Atlanta is my 2nd home (actually, marietta).
AZB

bxdominicanpapi

Sep 20, 2004
kalawr said:
I myself, just moved from NYC and is looking for a Dominican stylist. Did you find one? If so please let me know. I am in Rex, Ga. That is in Stockbridge area. Thank you.

You can go to Karisma I or II
Karisma I
ph- 770-234-9035
5855 Buford Hwy
Doravilla, Ga

Karisma II
ph- 678-924-7660
895 Indian Trail Rd.
Suite 3
Lilburn, Ga 30047

all the ladies are excellent.. sonia ...selva...rosa

Lady1452

Feb 6, 2006
Dominican Hair Salons In The Atlanta Area

To all the ladies in search of a Dominican Salon in Atlanta, Georgia...Here it is:

My #1 Salon In The Marietta Area With 2 Thumbs Up For My Stylist:

And the price is right.

Maqrestiv Dominican Hair Salon
2769 Chastain Meadow Parkway
Suite 20, Marietta, GA 30066
(770) 420-5454

Tell De Cil That Amanda Referred You.

Lady1452

Feb 6, 2006
Oops!!! Sorry I Hit Post To Quick....my Hair Type Is 4a And When I Left The Shop My Dominican Stylist Had Me Leave Her Shop Looking Like I Was Born With Silky, Satin Hair...with The Wave Of Her Wrist And That Magic Roundbrush She Made Me Look Like I Was Born Indian.

Love That Woman...