Live Bachata or Merengue in NY/NJ (May 20-23)

debs

Jun 10, 2002
I will be in the NY/NJ area this weekend (May 20 - 23) and am hoping that there will be a live bachata or merengue performance happening somewhere in the area. Has anyone heard about anything? Are there any websites with this information?

Thanks!
Debs

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
There's always a show in NYC

Debs,

Do you listen to bachata106.com? There are always ads for bachata and merengue concerts in the NYC and greater area on the home page with the phone number and ticket info. Also it really depends on where the artists are playing. However, in NYC there's always something for everyone's taste. Also go to holahoy.com and there's an entertainment section. If you have problems reading it send me a PM and I will help you.

LDG.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Jrzyguy,

Yes, I always happen to plan the wrong weekend whenever I visit NYC. Believe it or not but if you read some of the many posters I see in suburbs he's there quite often. Not sure if I would go to those clubs though in East Brooklyn and some parts of Queens. I don't feel safe especially being from out of town.

LDG.

jrzyguy said:
does raulin rodriguez ever make it up to the NYC area?

Last edited:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Thanks for the replies everyone! Looks like there isn't much going on this weekend :(

Maybe I'll watch these sites and plan another weekend when Raulin is in town :)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks as well

would love to catch raulin live....and well..i used to live in Queens...i think Brooklyn is the coolest borough in the city.

For real...if you hear of him playing in the city (or NNJ) PLEASE send me a PM!!!

Am also insterested seeing yoskar, or elvis or chavall....or if you know of anyone good playing at a local club in the NYC area...let me know.

thanks

j

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I just saw Raulin last weekend. If you are in NJ, Tropical Club in Passaic always has live bands on Saturday (i.e. I've seen Julian, Frank Reyes, and Raulin these past few weekends).

Jun 5, 2004
I think that the south street seaport is one of these days there you will have alot of Bachata and Merengue to listen about.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
apdomini100max said:
I think that the south street seaport is one of these days there you will have alot of Bachata and Merengue to listen about.

I just saw in the newspaper that on Sunday from 12 -6 there will be a latin music festival at South Street seaport.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
There will never be a problem catching a live Merengue or Bachata band in NY or NJ - thats a fact. Listen to the radio tonight, you will be up on all thats happening. Try 97.9 and 105.9 after 7PM and thats all you hear.

You can try Dramas in Jersey City and Tribecca's in Fort Lee - they are a bit nicer discos... Also, Ole and Coco Bongo in Elizabeth. These are all in NJ.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
tribeca in Fort Lee NJ is a great place- Drama nightclub as well, but I believe its in North Bergen. Talldrink- maybe we should get the group to get out to one of these clubs for a fun night out!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
la flor said:
tribeca in Fort Lee NJ is a great place- Drama nightclub as well, but I believe its in North Bergen. Talldrink- maybe we should get the group to get out to one of these clubs for a fun night out!

I like this idea! The dinner thing always seems to get bogged down with details....a simple night out for some music, dancing and drinks sounds cool.

Wish ya'll were doing something last night. Had a pal from Santo Domingo in town and just didnt know where to take him.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Even with all these ideas?? where did you end up?

Flor, that sounds like a plan to me. Maybe us New Jersians (NOT Jersey girls) can get out to party after all. Both Dramas and Tribeccas offer Hip Hop and Spanish so it will be cool to try it.

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Talldrink said:
Even with all these ideas?? where did you end up?

Even with all of the suggestions and with a guaranteed dance partner, we didn't go out...we decided to stay in instead...

Maybe next time!