Live Bachata or Merengue in NY/NJ (May 20-23)

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Missed him by a week! Just checked the website for Tropical Club in Passaic and Raulin and El Chaval will be there on May 28th. I'm so depressed now :(

For those of you who are lucky enough to be in the area here is the link to the website.

May 12, 2005
For those in the northern suburbs of new york, specifically westchester county, you can check out Mango's in Yonkers and Jomas in White PLains. I have been to both and they often have live music and raulin was just at mangos a few weeks ago.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Debs,

Thanks for the link. That's what I am looking for to keep track of events in the NYC/NJ area. Based on the comments from others in the thread it seems like he has been in the area for a while. Is it such a bad idea to go again if you get a cheap flight? I think it's worth it. Has anyone heard his new album Piel sin alma? If it's possible to say it's one of his best not to mention his guitar skills on that album really stand out. Well, some day I will catch up with Raulin be it in Monte Cristi, NJ, Miami wherever. You never know he may come to Montreal some day and I will be the first to send you a PM. I know it will be worth it.

LDG.

debs said:
Missed him by a week! Just checked the website for Tropical Club in Passaic and Raulin and El Chaval will be there on May 28th. I'm so depressed now :(

For those of you who are lucky enough to be in the area here is the link to the website.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Lesly I know you LOVE Raulin, but I find that his style has not evolved at all through the years. I am for artist who stay true to the arts, but others have been able to find the music technology and also new singing styles to keep up with the times while staying focused on good bachata (i.e. Frank Reyes, Antony Santos and now Kiko Rodrigues).

His last good hit was the Ca?ahuate album, I dont see myself buying his new cd... :(

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Talldrink

Well, TD that's a surprise coming from you. I agree with you about his style. I have EVERY album he has produced and there are some changes especially compared to his first five. This last one in my opinion is very good but maybe it has to grow on you. I liked it from the get go. Many people felt the same way you do now about Derroche de amor (2002) labelled as an album for "die hard fans only". So I would say don't close your door yet. As for Frank R, Antony S and Kiko R you know where I stand. No need to comment. They are great artists.

LDG.

Last edited:

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Jersey guy - Raulin Y El Chaval will be in Club Ole in Elizabeth this Saturday. If anyone else is going, let me know - it is in my neighborhood.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Another one for this weekend...

Banda Gorda, Aguakate y Alex Bueno at Mirage in NYC - I will be there front and center - Love me some banda gorda!!

E que tengo fuego...
Pa que gose...
Hay amigos mios, E que tengo fuego...

Oh my God, just thinking of that song makes me want to buy a ticket to my merengueland and go dancing!!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Fyi

Talldrink said:
Another one for this weekend...

Banda Gorda, Aguakate y Alex Bueno at Mirage in NYC - I will be there front and center - Love me some banda gorda!!

E que tengo fuego...
Pa que gose...
Hay amigos mios, E que tengo fuego...

Oh my God, just thinking of that song makes me want to buy a ticket to my merengueland and go dancing!!
Aguakate and Milly Quezada will perform a free concert at Brooklyn's Prospect Park Bandshell July 28th

debs

Jun 10, 2002
I'm so jealous of those of you that live in that area :)

Here in Toronto, we're lucky if we see a decent live performance once every 2 years.

Thanks to everyone for posting these events. I will be in NJ again July 1 - 5, so if there's anything going on that weekend, let me know. I'm praying that Raulin will be performing somewhere in the area!