Murders in Luperon!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2004
Anyone who has access to today's Newspapers in the DR...

Apparently late last night (early morning) there were 4 people murdered in Luperon.

Trying to get more info on it, since I knew 2 of them . :(

All I could get as of now, was it was some lawyer that killed them!!! Some problem they were having with a lawyer. I remember when I was there last , there was some big yelling match in the supermarcado between these ppl about something, but I didn't pay attention, didn't think it was any big deal.

One of the guys that died had just gotten married to a girl form the USA last month, and she just returned home a few weeks ago.

Sorry to not have more info...but that is what I am trying to find if anyone can help me out.

This is a big shock to the small town of Luperon. Very sad. :cry:

RIP and my condolances to the families.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I checked in my paper, but nothing. Probably too early.. there was a reporting of a murder in La Union and another one in San Pedro de Macoris, but nothing on the murder you mention.

I understand it is a shock, may they rest in peace.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Very sad news, sorry to hear that Peachez my condolences.

PeachezNcream84 said:
Anyone who has access to today's Newspapers in the DR...

Apparently late last night (early morning) there were 4 people murdered in Luperon.

Trying to get more info on it, since I knew 2 of them . :(

All I could get as of now, was it was some lawyer that killed them!!! Some problem they were having with a lawyer. I remember when I was there last , there was some big yelling match in the supermarcado between these ppl about something, but I didn't pay attention, didn't think it was any big deal.

One of the guys that died had just gotten married to a girl form the USA last month, and she just returned home a few weeks ago.

Sorry to not have more info...but that is what I am trying to find if anyone can help me out.

This is a big shock to the small town of Luperon. Very sad. :cry:

RIP and my condolances to the families.

Nov 5, 2004
Thank you Carina & Music.

I guess you are right Carina, there will probably be nothing about it yet in the papers. Although Luperon isn't a big town, I think 4 murders will be something to make the newspaper. And although I know the newspaper is not always correct, it may be the easiest way for me to find out what actually happened.

A lot of gossip going around in Luperon, you know how ppl talk, and the ones who don't gossip are too upset to talk about it as yet. So if you see anything in the paper tomorrow...(or anyone else), or hear about it on the radio... I wouldn't mind hearing from the media perspective what happened specificaly.

My prayers are with their families in Luperon, and the wife of one of the men who was murdered. Very upsetting, they were only married one month. Makes me scared to leave my husband down there, I want to rush there now to be with him through this.:(

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
My prayers are with their families in Luperon, and the wife of one of the men who was murdered. Very upsetting, they were only married one month. Makes me scared to leave my husband down there, I want to rush there now to be with him through this.:(

What does your husband have to do with this besides, apparently, living in Luperon? What is he going through that makes it necessary for you to think you have to be with him "through this"?

Nov 5, 2004
Ken said:
What does your husband have to do with this besides, apparently, living in Luperon? What is he going through that makes it necessary for you to think you have to be with him "through this"?

Well he was fairly good friends with 2 of them so he is, of course, upset as everyone in Luperon is. When someone you love is upset or sad about something you want to be with them. Well that is me personally..when someone I love, any family memboer or friend is upset by anything..even if it is not as bad as this..I would always try to be there for them.

As well, it makes me think how easily something bad could happen to him, and I would be so far away. It just makes me feel very helpless.

Regardless of how I feel..it's a very sad situation, which I am trying to find more info.

(And he doesn't "apparently" live in Luperon, he LIVES in Luperon)

What I have learned so far, apart from the orignal post...

It happened around 9am

Not all of them were killed by the lawyer...how and over what specific I don't know.

The 2 that I knew (and that my husband was closest friends to)were brothers.

One of the ppl killed was just a by-stander and had nothing to do with it.

There is also something to do with a motorcycle...that seems to be dileberate...not an accident.

One of the 4 ppl who died was a child.

Not sure how it all fits in..thoes are just the bits and pieces I have picked up so far.

When my husband is comfortable enough to talk about it, I will ask for his story.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Not very nice Ken, she's obviously concerned for her husband it's only normal, come on geez. He lives there and he new 2 of the people that died isn't that enough. I'm not sure what you were trying to get at?

Ken said:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Music said:
Not very nice Ken, she's obviously concerned for her husband it's only normal, come on geez. He lives there and he new 2 of the people that died isn't that enough.

No, I don't see the reason for so much anxiety on her part and don"t understand why the husband is too upset to even talk about it.

Nov 5, 2004
Ken said:
No, I don't see the reason for so much anxiety on her part and don"t understand why the husband is too upset to even talk about it.
Well most normal ppl are upset when their friends die. Maybe you aren't.
But I am..and so is my husband.

People have been talking about it endlessly all day and he is tired of hearing about it and doesn't want to go through explaining all the details right now.

I have talked to him for over an hour today and we spent less then 5 minutes on the subject.

People obviously deal with greif differently. And he doesn't feel up to talking about it now. So I will give him space.

Don't know how that can possibly be so hard for you to grasp?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
It's obvious you don't understand by your comment. Some people are more emotional than others that's all. My Mom is super emotional anything can get her crying it's crazy sometimes. So I have learned people deal with things differently and it doesn't make them crazy, weird or anything. There are even some people who don't show any emotion at all too.
Peachez has the right to feel the way she does or anyone else for that matter.
I read Carina's blog today and it brought a few tears to my eyes I'll admit it nothing wrong with that it was a sweet story.
Nothing wrong with being concerned for the people you love and I think due to the distance between them I'm sure she's missing him as well.
Just my thoughts.

Ken said:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Music said:
Some people are more emotional than others that's all.
Peachez has the right to feel the way she does or anyone else for that matter.

Nothing wrong with being concerned for the people you love and I think due to the distance between them I'm sure she's missing him as well.

I agree

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Peaches I just got home. Sorry to hear this. It would be a shock in a small town. Please keep us posted.

Ken some people are just more emotional than others. If the person we love is hurting most of us hurt too. We feel the pain. ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
My condolences to all ........

I understand your concern Peaches and I'm sure your husband is in SHOCK at learning two of his closest friends have been killed. Once the shock wears off I'm positive you'll hear all he knows on the subject.
If you knew these people also it will be almost as much of a shock to you, especially with you being so far away at a moment when your husband needs your emotional support.

Understandable that you would want to know as many details as possible to help put your mind at ease.........

Cuidate!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Peaches I just got home. Sorry to hear this. It would be a shock in a small town. Please keep us posted.

Ken some people are just more emotional than others. If the person we love is hurting most of us hurt too. We feel the pain. ;)

Ok, Anna, I'll start wringing my hands. ;)

Nov 5, 2004
ya..
www.miluperon.com is more geared for info about the Atlantica project and what is happening with that.

I think it may be out in the papers tomorrow...

Untill then I will wait till someone from Luperon wants to volunteer info...don't want to call around and start prying into what happened....plus..who knows what verios of what actually happened I would get then?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
PeachezNcream84 said:
I think it may be out in the papers tomorrow...

Peachez - you might have to wait until Friday when El Faro comes out. El Faro is the PoP newspaper & it is more likely to be in that than the National papers!! ~ Grahame.
PS. I liked your empathy & understanding of the local culture. Now is NOT the time for chasing info, now is the time for understanding their need to mourn with friends & family around!!

Luperonsailor

May 1, 2005
Hope to know the truth soon....

All the pistols here are a very scary thing. In Luperon you never know which young tigre is packing?

Nov 5, 2004
BushBaby said:
Peachez - you might have to wait until Friday when El Faro comes out. El Faro is the PoP newspaper & it is more likely to be in that than the National papers!! ~ Grahame.
PS. I liked your empathy & understanding of the local culture. Now is NOT the time for chasing info, now is the time for understanding their need to mourn with friends & family around!!

Thank you. I'm glad you understand also why I am not calling radom ppl around town and questioning them. I don't think it's right at this point in time, and even if I didn't I would get a different story from everyone I asked. In the DR...especially a smaller town..the whole town will now be at a stand still for a good few days...if not a week.

Homer...thank you. I will tell him. He really wants to meet you. He has thanked you already for some of the things you have said to me, to get me to better understand his way of thinking. ;)

Luperonsailor....have you noticed there weren't so many gun related problems untill La Luna opened??? :tired: Well since the owner is gone, maybe it will shut down soon who knows....Luperon doesn't need this sort of problem.

A few other ppl from Luperon have complained about La Luna bringing the wrong sort of ppl into town.

Status
Not open for further replies.