Santo Domingo to Sosua

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am able to buy a reduced flight this weekend, 6/11/05, to Santo Domingo. How far is SDQ from Sosua? What would it cost to catch a cab to Sosua?

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
bigbird said:
I am able to buy a reduced flight this weekend, 6/11/05, to Santo Domingo. How far is SDQ from Sosua? What would it cost to catch a cab to Sosua?

Hi I drove there this past week from SDQ and its 3-4 hours. The cab probably would cost 150$ us one way.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
bigbird said:

Caribe Tours has a bus leaving hourly from Santo Domingo. Bus is comfortable and airconditioned. Takes about 4.5 hours and costs RD$210. Quite a savings in money compared with a taxi or rental car, and not a big difference in time.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thanks Badussy and Ken. I guess the bargain fare is not a bargain when I consider time and cost to get to Sosua.

How far is SDQ from Boca Chica?

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
bigbird said:
Thanks Badussy and Ken. I guess the bargain fare is not a bargain when I consider time and cost to get to Sosua.

10-15 mins by taxi

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
bigbird said:

All depends what part of SD?

Colonial Zone/Malecon hotels to BC is around 30-45min if the traffic is good.
I have done it a thousand times, so if you want to also know the location of each pot hole, I can help :)

Add another 15-20mins if your driving from Naco/Bella Vista etc.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If you take the bus, dont forget about:

You also have to figure taxi time/money/effort from airport to bus station in SD and from bus station to hotel/house in Sosua.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Fly

[Beleive me, the only way to go is fly. Air SantoDomingo or Air Domca fly several times daily for around 75US each way. The flight is under an hour. It's a haul going by car or bus, save yourself some money and get there in a third the time. I have done this several times, both from SDQ and PUJQUOTE=bigbird]I am able to buy a reduced flight this weekend, 6/11/05, to Santo Domingo. How far is SDQ from Sosua? What would it cost to catch a cab to Sosua?[/QUOTE]

drdick

Jun 10, 2005
Coould you please post a link to air santo domingo's web site. I'm considering flying for SD to Samana but can't find the schedule or the fares...

Thanks,
dick

Badussy

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 18, 2005
Please post a link or a phone# i would love to get from boca chica to sosua within an hour

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Fly....it's Cheaper....

Badussy said:
Please post a link or a phone# i would love to get from boca chica to sosua within an hour

I can't find anything for Air SD or Domca, I would be surprised if they had a web. Just wing it, you don,t need resv. You won't get from Boca Chica to Sosua in an hour, but you will get from SDQ to POP...cab from there, minimul. I'm sure the airport has the info you need, but I found that the flight are never full and go every couple of hours. You won't have a problem.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
My Mistake

ggn420 said:
Look at drparadise.com They have info and a tel # for Aero Domca
Price is 65US, flights leave at 10 and 4 for Samana, would be similar for POP
Sorry, my mistake, goto>www.aerodomca.com......It will take you to another page, goto>drparadise.com......You will see it
Have a great trip

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Links

drdick said:
I tried google but I guess I'm just too old and lame to find the right link...thanks for the help!
Air SantoDomingo seems to have a problem, claims their site is under construction, and probably will be for who knows how long. Google search will give you www.aerodomca.com but I think flights are limited to POP Wait till you get there, both airports have flighs to POP, you will not to wait. I have done this several times, last in March. 18 passenger plane was full so they put us on a small twin 6 passengers, awesome flight, fly at about 3000ft you
can see alot. They will do whatever it takes to accomodate. Go Air SanoDomingo.Call "takeoff" at 809-552-1333. This number is for AirSantoDomingo in Punta Cana, it's all I could find in my receipts, but am sure they can give you the info you need of the tel# for SDQ

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
To the best of my knowledge

there are no longer regularly scheduled flights between Santo Domingo (either Las Americas or Herrera airport) and POP.

I would say for the most part that if your destination is the North Coast, you are best to fly to POP, even if it is a couple hundred dollars more. It's true the bus is cheap, but the cab to and from the bus station is not, and the round trip from SDQ takes up a full day of your vacation. I would say the same thing about the after-midnight flights into STI. On the other hand, a flight into STI, arriving at a decent hour like the Delta or Continental Flights, isn't so bad, since you're only an hour and a half from Puerto Plata or Sosua by bus.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Robert said:
All depends what part of SD?

Colonial Zone/Malecon hotels to BC is around 30-45min if the traffic is good.
I have done it a thousand times, so if you want to also know the location of each pot hole, I can help :)

Add another 15-20mins if your driving from Naco/Bella Vista etc.
I think he is talking SDQ as in the Airport code so he is going to be right near Boca Chica if I am not mistaken.

Escott

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
STI or SDQ

sweetdbt said:
there are no longer regularly scheduled flights between Santo Domingo (either Las Americas or Herrera airport) and POP.

I would say for the most part that if your destination is the North Coast, you are best to fly to POP, even if it is a couple hundred dollars more. It's true the bus is cheap, but the cab to and from the bus station is not, and the round trip from SDQ takes up a full day of your vacation. I would say the same thing about the after-midnight flights into STI. On the other hand, a flight into STI, arriving at a decent hour like the Delta or Continental Flights, isn't so bad, since you're only an hour and a half from Puerto Plata or Sosua by bus.
ESCOTT...you are correct, but I don't understand her post here,says no flights from SantoDomingo to POP ?..then next par>you are best to fly into POP???????Aero Domca or Air SantoDomingo have regular daily flights, I beleive 2 a day to POP. I have done this several times from both airports in Santo Domingo

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
What I meant was,

ggn420 said:
ESCOTT...you are correct, but I don't understand her post here,says no flights from SantoDomingo to POP ?..then next par>you are best to fly into POP???????Aero Domca or Air SantoDomingo have regular daily flights, I beleive 2 a day to POP. I have done this several times from both airports in Santo Domingo

flying into SDQ when you want to go to the North coast, just to save a C-note or 2 on the airfare, is usually "penny wise and pound foolish" when you consider the time, expense and energy required to get from Las Americas to Sosua or Puerto Plata and back. You're better off spending a little more to fly directly into POP.

I'd be interested in knowing how long it has been since you flew from the capital to POP. I know they used to have scheduled flights, but to my knowledge, only charters now.

FYI, "she" is a "he" ;)