hey guys i need some advice

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
i visited bc back in June and everyone told me el candil was the way to go and it was :) .I'm going back on the 26th of this month and would like to stay in Juan Dolio i've ben doing some research but i cant seem to decide.I have the costal caribe, playa real and well i dont know what else...can someone plesae recommend a place for me and boyfriend.You guys are always right on point and know your stuff.Thanks so much. :)

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Unless you are partial to the big city area(SD) you might want to consider looking east into La Romana or Bayahibe areas. They have better beaches and more to do if your not into the historical thing in Santo Domingo. The beaches on the south coast are rocky and don't compare with the east or north.

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
hey

ggn420 said:
Unless you are partial to the big city area(SD) you might want to consider looking east into La Romana or Bayahibe areas. They have better beaches and more to do if your not into the historical thing in Santo Domingo. The beaches on the south coast are rocky and don't compare with the east or north.

we're meeting up with his family on Saturday and Sunday and it's convient for us to be in Juan Dolio or Boca Chica.So unfortunatley i could only choose resorts in these areas:( but i'll try to find the best choice.

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
there is one, that I know of having stayed there several years ago. Not bad. but not great. Have your dominican half book it will be cheaper. I do remember many Dominican families there.
Iwon't swear but I think it wass a Decamaron. Do a search for Jaun Dolio or wait for more answers. John

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Depends on how much you want to spend......

Miguel just got back from a stay at Barcelo Talanquera, which he posted a very nice report on.
I'd add it to the list.
Playa Real hasn't had very good reviews lately so for a more expensive, higher star rating go with Costa Caribe or for a less expensive but comfortable stay, choose Talanquera.
I'm sure wither would suit your needs!

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
MommC said:
Miguel just got back from a stay at Barcelo Talanquera, which he posted a very nice report on.
I'd add it to the list.
Playa Real hasn't had very good reviews lately so for a more expensive, higher star rating go with Costa Caribe or for a less expensive but comfortable stay, choose Talanquera.
I'm sure wither would suit your needs!

Thanks Mommc you've benn so helpful :) now i have some information to work with i'll let you know how it went.Thanks .By the way is anyone going to be down there between Aug 26- Sep 1st.If you are maybe we could hang out.:)

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
just 2 and a half weeks to go

Ill be in the capital on the 20th through the 23rd then im on my way to Valverde Mao for my moms birthday till the 26th. Anything going on durring those days?

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Meeting up!

I generally hit the beach at Playa Carribe at least one day ove the weekend as I live in Naco. Chances you can catch me there when yo come.......I'll be the bearded, short haired gringo, greased and baking in the sun!

Txrayngers

Jul 30, 2005
I would really reccomend the Barcelo Capella. It was a beautiful resort, I loved the food the service was incredible and I could not have had a better time!!!

watulookin@

Aug 2, 2005
Heavensangel.....

heavennsangel said:
i visited bc back in June and everyone told me el candil was the way to go and it was :) .I'm going back on the 26th of this month and would like to stay in Juan Dolio i've ben doing some research but i cant seem to decide.I have the costal caribe, playa real and well i dont know what else...can someone plesae recommend a place for me and boyfriend.You guys are always right on point and know your stuff.Thanks so much. :)

I just come from DR and had the great pleasure of staying at the Playa Real in Juan Dolio, the reviews I've read don't seem like the same place I stayed. I loved the place and would deffinatly return. The resort itself is still developing so dont have high expectations, but the resort Playa real has everything that you don't need to leave. The staff are great and the Anamacion Team have activities running all day long - if you wish to get involved that is. I was there during hurricane Dennis and Emily, but it didn't spoil my holiday.
The buffet was excellent a complete range of meat, fish and vegetable dishes. The desserts are too good and bad for the waistline!! If you have any questions - fire away or check me on messenger.

Happy hols...E

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
smiles

guys i was thinking about just going to Punta Cana and calling it a day....But i have some hope now :) people i can actually hang out with :) hey i just might stay in the area.Also i'm getting a great deal on Playa Real and Hamaca.As long as i have funnnnn and wake up to the beach i'm fine.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
heavennsangel said:
guys i was thinking about just going to Punta Cana and calling it a day....But i have some hope now :) people i can actually hang out with :) hey i just might stay in the area.Also i'm getting a great deal on Playa Real and Hamaca.As long as i have funnnnn and wake up to the beach i'm fine.

If you can get a good deal at the Hamaca it is no worse than the rest and the beach is nice , the town is dead (though the chicken tourists should be pleased) and it is very close to the SDQ airport if that is where you are coming into.