Kindly emailed to me by Andy B.

el_catey_1.jpg

el_catey_2.jpg

el_catey_3.jpg

el_catey_4.jpg

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Is this going to be a regional airport or an full blown international airport capable of handling the big jets?

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Look for an official announcement shortly of the airport opening late this year. Also, this is to be a full international airport with the strip in excess of 9,000 feet,...long enough to handle the biggest of jets.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Looks pretty good. I hope to land there someday non-stop from JFK.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
el catey to open nov 1st, 2006

i heard from a friend of mine high up in Air Transat that Aerodom will be making an official announcement in the coming days from Europe - Spain he thought - that the El Catey Airport will officially open nov 1st, 2006. watch the spanish press.

where's snuffy now?

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
Why the build airports without taxiways? In the DR there's like 8 airports and only 1 (Las Americas) with a full taxiway. Amazing, isn't it?

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
A runway only needs a taxiway if the amount of traffic dictates that it is an "active" runway all (or most) of the time. Also, you will note that there is sufficient land around the new facility for future expansion as needed when increased traffic dictates. There's plenty of airports that only have the main strip.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
The future of Samana looks bright with the Catey airport, the new highway, Bahia Principe, as well as the many residential developments, such as Las Terrenas Country Club and Bonita Village.

Bahia Principe alone should have the following resorts in service within a year:

Gran BP Cayo Levantado ***** GL (Dominican Republic)
Gran BP Cayacoa ***** (Dominican Republic)
Gran BP El Portillo ***** (Dominican Republic)
Gran BP Samana ***** (Dominican Republic)

Last edited:

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
It looks really nice.
That's the aiport where we will see the new Airbus A-640! Coming soon! Lol

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
The 4 images above of the COMPLETED terminal are artist renditions of what it will look like when finished. All the aerial shots of the airport under construction in part 1 of this thread are real.

Actually, Jasper and I have faked the whole thing, the airport the highway, etc. LOL!!!!!!!