trip report-puerto plata/javillar

inluv

Oct 15, 2005
ok

i made a post a couple a months a go about my ex-boyfriend alberto. i decided that it was a good idea to proceed cautiously. I am glad that I did ... i found out a lot about alberto. i decided not to pursue a relationship with him but i did meet another guy. I will tell you more details in a bit.

To start with the flight was ok into puerto plata. Alberto was there along with his brother at the airport. I rented a car for all of us for the 2 weeks so they were really happy to be able to drive something nice while i was there. Anyways we got in the diahatsu and headed to puerto plata. We stopped and got beers. I had so much to drink.... wow... big mistake. Alberto seemed embarrased. We pulled up to a restaurant in puerto plata and i had a tough time walking in. Alberto was a jerk about and told me to get back in and go home to his place. He said that i was making a fool of myself - blah blah blah. that was a warning sign right there. Anyways we went into the infamous javillar. It was bad but his house was actually one of the better ones. It was all concrete and was nicely painted it was actually nicer than the pictures indicated but the area was really bad. anyways i was really drunk when i met his mom. Again he was furious with me.

iIwent to bed that night and got up in the morning. alberto had the day off. we went to sosua for the day and that was good. unfortunatley he had to work early the next day so we came home at about 9 and watched tv with his mom and his cousin . He seemed really reserved I wanted to drink but he was telling me not to do that in front of his family. HELLO I am on vacation !! hahaha

Anyways he had to work the whole weekend so i went to the beach and then met him at work. Saturday night we went to playa dorado to go to mangu it was fun ntil things went dow. Alberto wanted to go home at around 1 and we got in a fight. I wanted to keep dancing. He grabbed me and told me to come with him....
I wa mad
and decided that i was not leaving. He left by himself in MY rental truck. I was there and had fun but i had to take a taxi back to Javillar. I got in and his mom and him were up. He was mad and told me to get out of the house. 3 years and he was possesive like that
I left just devestated. I went back to playa dorado with my truck and waited for the morning and i went to grand ventanna and got a room for the last 10 days of my trip. It was fun and i met someone else but i will be far more careful. Be careful with these men they are all jerks. They can be more possessive and demanding than guys back in home. However thy are fantastic in bed and I will be back for more. I am glad that I did not move down here with my son before giving things a chance with Alberto. However I can see Conrad being happy here in the future as he grows up hopefully away from his father/

Just a couple of questions. I noticed that there is a scotia bank. I work for them in Canada. I am a level 2 customer service rep. Do you think that I could get into management in the dr with my Canadian experience ? How much would it pay. Secondly can you lease a car down here like you can back home for 200-300 a month

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Thats naughty

Wow, Who is that guy ? I know women that would kill for a guy with those ethics! Vacation or not, you are in the house of a persons family. I am Canadian and I wouldnt be too impressed either if you met my Mom "really drunk".......

Doesnt sound like you want a serious relationship...... if you did , you would recognize that this guy , though maybe a bit reactive, stood his moral ground when there are a large percentage of Dominican men that would have taken advantage of your "party attitude" to line their own pockets and fulfill their own agendas .........

I say kutos to the guy for working, standing his ground and defending his honor and shame on you for not controlling your drinking and partying. Yes this is party central but that doesnt give you the right to disrespect him or his family.

Hey, My Mom worked for Scotiabank (In Canada) for 32 years ! Is now happily retired !

On the Scotiabank question , as far as I know they work independently of one another but your experience there may count as something. But try to show up sober at the interview,

As for cars............. better off to buy one. Interest rates here are 14-30%

My 2 pesos worth

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Can't hold your beer, eh?

I think that you were the baddy here, as far a courtesy is concerned, I have to agree with Jojo, above.

Would you show up at BNS stinking of beer and wobbly on you feet? I don't think so...

My impression is that you flunked the "Mom Test"....You were gonna get dumped, whether or not you were a good lay..

You cannot live on what a similar position pays here. Forget it. You had better come up with another plan...

HB (no Smiley for you!)

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
In all honesty, I can't blame Alberto for being mad at you. I would be mad at you too meeting my mother all drunk. That's really disrespectful.

Sep 19, 2005
drunk chicks are good to pick up, they suck, for being a girlfriend.

and you CERTAINLY dont want one for a wife!!!!!!!!!

if you are drunk two days in a row.....

1) I dont know how you can enjoy your vacation
2) you have a problem

My question is how is it more fun being drunk at whatever you are doing than being sober?

bob

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Lets see - you got drunk when you got there, then you were drunk when you met his mom.

Bad enough to get drunk and meet a mother in Canada or the States, but way worse in the DR. The mom is held on a pedastal by her sons - you really screwed that one up.

Although I am not one for sankies - it really does appear that he may have been putting you in a higher regard, than a drunk tourist.

yes you were on vacation, but it is a different type of vacation when you meet family.

Now about your questions, Scotiabank may higher you because of your connection, but the pay is lower, and you would need to know spanish to understand the banking system in the DR.

About your son, if you bring him down to the DR, then it would be really hard to go out partying every night. And also not a good influence on him if you change up men and bring different ones around the house often.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It's shameless idiots like this that give Canadians a bad name.......
Good for Alberto. If one of my son's had brought home a shameless, drunk hussy I'd have shown them BOTH the door!

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
inluv,

I think Hillbilly put it pretty well. Even if your Spanish is excellent you would have a problem making enough money to get by. If you are planning on just moving to the DR you better have an ark. Because if you don't have a solid plan in place it is going to rain.

JD

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
inluv said:
ok

i made a post a couple a months a go about my ex-boyfriend alberto. i decided that it was a good idea to proceed cautiously. I am glad that I did ... i found out a lot about alberto. i decided not to pursue a relationship with him but i did meet another guy. I will tell you more details in a bit.

To start with the flight was ok into puerto plata. Alberto was there along with his brother at the airport. I rented a car for all of us for the 2 weeks so they were really happy to be able to drive something nice while i was there. Anyways we got in the diahatsu and headed to puerto plata. We stopped and got beers. I had so much to drink.... wow... big mistake. Alberto seemed embarrased. We pulled up to a restaurant in puerto plata and i had a tough time walking in. Alberto was a jerk about and told me to get back in and go home to his place. He said that i was making a fool of myself - blah blah blah. that was a warning sign right there. Anyways we went into the infamous javillar. It was bad but his house was actually one of the better ones. It was all concrete and was nicely painted it was actually nicer than the pictures indicated but the area was really bad. anyways i was really drunk when i met his mom. Again he was furious with me.

iIwent to bed that night and got up in the morning. alberto had the day off. we went to sosua for the day and that was good. unfortunatley he had to work early the next day so we came home at about 9 and watched tv with his mom and his cousin . He seemed really reserved I wanted to drink but he was telling me not to do that in front of his family. HELLO I am on vacation !! hahaha

Anyways he had to work the whole weekend so i went to the beach and then met him at work. Saturday night we went to playa dorado to go to mangu it was fun ntil things went dow. Alberto wanted to go home at around 1 and we got in a fight. I wanted to keep dancing. He grabbed me and told me to come with him....
I wa mad
and decided that i was not leaving. He left by himself in MY rental truck. I was there and had fun but i had to take a taxi back to Javillar. I got in and his mom and him were up. He was mad and told me to get out of the house. 3 years and he was possesive like that
I left just devestated. I went back to playa dorado with my truck and waited for the morning and i went to grand ventanna and got a room for the last 10 days of my trip. It was fun and i met someone else but i will be far more careful. Be careful with these men they are all jerks. They can be more possessive and demanding than guys back in home. However thy are fantastic in bed and I will be back for more. I am glad that I did not move down here with my son before giving things a chance with Alberto. However I can see Conrad being happy here in the future as he grows up hopefully away from his father/

Just a couple of questions. I noticed that there is a scotia bank. I work for them in Canada. I am a level 2 customer service rep. Do you think that I could get into management in the dr with my Canadian experience ? How much would it pay. Secondly can you lease a car down here like you can back home for 200-300 a month

You will need to know Spanish fluently in order to get to work with Scotiabank there. And they will interview you in Spanish, before transferring. I too work for Scotiabank. And am in the process of this. As for management, you need to have management experience, in order to get that type of position. Speak with your HR Dept. You may have to go through Toronto through International Banking, before they post you in the DR. You may also not get the DR, you may have to go to Mexico, or another island before going to the DR. So you need to be prepared for that as well.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Really! How did you think the guy was going to feel? If this was the first time that you were staying with his familyand you were drunk when he picked you up he probably should have suggested you stay in a hotel, so as not to embarrass you or himself in front of family.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Are you serious?

To THE OP ONLY:

Darling, come now - are you serious?

You HAVE got to be one of those Savvy Sock Puppets, lighting up a cigarette now and laughing at us. Right? I hope you are. A 14 y.o. who has been flamed on the forum and is taking her revenge by jerking the chains of the old fogeys like me.

Please tell me that you are NOT serious.

If you are serious, please get some counseling immediately. You and your son need for you to manage your affairs (sexual and in general) with more maturity, some wisdom, and a healthy does of self-respect.

I am not saying that you are incapable of it, only that, per your posts, you've yet to demonstrate your potential for good.

Now, WHO on this board at ANY bank is going to go to bat for you at work? "Hey boss, I met this great lady online who wants to work here. So what if she has a drinking problem, a parenting problem, and a reality problem. I think she's be a great fit. And BTW, here is a link to her remarks on dr1."

NOT!

Okay, perhaps I am being too harsh on you. No need for tears. If I am too mean, you'll just write me off as a beeyatchay, right? Okay,l I am exhaling now. Darling, we've all made mistaked. We've all felt shamed. I am not casting stones from a glass house, ya dig. But.

Okay, here is the deal.

#1. Your only potential for good as I can see it lies in our hope for your evolution - into a mature mother with common sense and repect for other people. If you were to concentrate on that track, you could potentially, at a later date, serve as a very good mentor for young ladies who will find themselves in similar situations, and you can warn mothers of the impact this will have on their kid(s). Your advice will be quite credible and they may listen to you.

#2. Stop drinking. Get thee to AA. You deserve for your good to come out, and obviously the bottle has a way of squashing any good attributes that you may possess.

#3. Send Alberto and Alberto's mother a note of apology. It will be good practice for making amends.

#4. Every shot you take, for the rest of your life, every sip, every gulp, every chug - picture your son, and ask yourself HOW this is helping him. That will make it easier to get motivated to stop.

#5. Please make sure that you send some polite, non-hammered, tourist women to Alberto's area. I want to make sure that you alone do not serve as a diplomat to the RD on behalf of all tourist ladies. I take it back, this is nasty of me. No, I do not take it back.

Good luck, God bless and May You Bloom Into the Flower Any Mother Would Want You To Be...............

inluv

Oct 15, 2005
ok

i come here to tell you guys an experience that you could learn from and this is the response

dont joke about my son being taken away. his dad was given temporary full custody. it is a subject that i feel bad about. one of the reasons that i want to come here to the dominican republic to be with dr people is so that my son will not see my ex - husand , his soon to be ex-father.
this will be my last post thanks for nothing

Sep 19, 2005
INLUV......well your screen name says you are in luv.....but you tell us you have no respect for your boyfriend and his family.. they are wrong not you.. and that you have no respect for your son as well.....anyone that THINKS ...THEY can divorce their ex spouse from their children , dissrepects the child. It is bad enough you apparently may have a problem with drinking...but it is totaly different to think that you will remove a child's parent from their life by running away...................you are channeling your hate for that man into your child's BRAIN??????????? that aint right

get help with your thought process as it involves your son...please for the rest of OUR sakes

bob

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey ....has anyone here been to Prince George BC....where in luv say she comes from????

Small town country bumpkin without a brain........
No wonder her ex dumped her and has full custody!!

G

gary short

INLUV........listen I think everone Is being way to harsh. Once you get that management position at the Scotia we can hookup. I'll take you out for few brewskies and perhaps we could talk about a venture I'ld like the bank to finance.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
inluv said:
ok

i come here to tell you guys an experience that you could learn from and this is the response

Yes thank you for posting your experience.

Here's what we've learnt, whether you're a sankie or not never ever take some **** drunk woman home to meet your mama :laugh:

G

gary short

MommC said:
Hey ....has anyone here been to Prince George BC....where in luv say she comes from????

Small town country bumpkin without a brain........
No wonder her ex dumped her and has full custody!!
Prince George is logging town in the middle of British Columbia. Ever been to a logging town? They don't send rookey RCMP constables there unless they're at least 6'4" 250 and p!ssed off.