Beach Question???

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
As I stated before, I am going to Higuey, DR in May. My question is, can I go to the beaches of Punta Cana/Bavaro even though I am not staying at a resort? I know in Sosua you are able to enjoy the beach without staying in a resort, but I'm not sure the east coast is the same way. Any info. anyone?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
The Voice said:
As I stated before, I am going to Higuey, DR in May. My question is, can I go to the beaches of Punta Cana/Bavaro even though I am not staying at a resort? I know in Sosua you are able to enjoy the beach without staying in a resort, but I'm not sure the east coast is the same way. Any info. anyone?

Of course! One of the places I recently went to is in El Cortecito. You can go down to the beach and use some of the lounge chairs available in front of the Langosta del Caribe or Capitan Cook restaurants (might be others). Also, in Cabeza de Toro there are beautiful areas if you have transportation. We did the whole beach from the nautical club to Punta Cana by truck and it's beautiful!

Sep 19, 2005
I thought I heard -read that all the DR beaches are public domain. If you can find access bewteen the hotels, you can go anywhere up and down the beach.

bob

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
laurapasinifan said:
I thought I heard -read that all the DR beaches are public domain. If you can find access bewteen the hotels, you can go anywhere up and down the beach.

bob
You heard right, but in reality you CANT go anywhere up and down the beach.
WebDev

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Another reason to go a beach certified by Blue Flag. One of the criteria for being accepted under Blue Flag is guaranteeing easy public access to the beach. Bayahibe-Dominicus has gone Blue Flag; Playa Costa Dorada in PP and Playa Coson in Samana have applied. Would be nice to get some of the eastern beaches to do the same...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Finding access to the beach can be next to impossible in some areas.
If you have a chance go to Playa Macao. One of the nicest in the area and soon to be inaccessible publicly because of the development of a resort complex.