MY BROTHER WAS MURDERED BY BONAO'S POLICE. Please Help Me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fannymartinez74

Jan 2, 2007
www.notoriousteez.com
On the evening of December 13th my brother Joselin Martinez was killed at close point range by a Bonao police officer from precinct #27. The police captain ordered officers to conduct a drug raid in search of wanted persons by the name of Freddy and Miguel. The Captain did not get a signed approval for this type of raid. The police force came into my brother?s home where he lived with his wife Judy and their twin 6 year olds, when a parade of gunshots & loud shouting occurred.

Joselito was in his backyard on his mobile phone. Scared and uncertain of what was happening Joselito ran in the opposite direction of the house to avoid any contact with his family. As Joselito was going over a fence to the next grassy backyard he was shot in the leg and fell to the ground.
As neighbors watch and describe the crime to its core. Joselito was pleading to officers for help and was unable to stand up.

A police officer (wearing a red shirt, named Johnny) asked my brother for his name and he told them Joselito. The whole incident was video taped from start to finish. That police officer realized that they had injured the wrong man. To correct their mistake and leave no witnesses that officer in the red shirt shot Joselito twice in the chest at close point range as he was pleading for help and telling the officer that he was unable to stand up.

The news media were then told that Joselito was a gangster & drug trafficker and that my brother started to shoot at them so they returned fire. My brother was alive when they picked him up and dragged him to a police truck yet he went directly to the morgue; No attempt to save him were made.
Joselito was moments from leaving to Punta Cana (5 hours away) to work as a Tourist Representative; a job he?s done for the past 10 years.

The actions that followed were a poor done cover up in the part of the police force from Police Captain to the lowest rank.
(1) We have an immense amount witnesses; from many neighbors who were watching from all different directions to a lawyer & the city?s prosecutor.
All the witnesses are willing to testify to what they saw and heard.

(2) We have the edited video released to the media and the unedited version.

(3) We have the video tape of the 2 male criminals forced to say that Joselito was part of their crime spree by way of horrific police torturing and
released to the media. In this private interview the criminals say that Joselito was not part of any crimes involving them. Two men & two women (1 is pregnant) are involved in telling the story.

(4) My family & I found 3 bullet casings from the location where the deadly shots were given to Joselito, and 2 bullet casings in his backyard. A total
of 5 casings found and are in my hands.

(5) We know the telephone number from which the conversation between the officers to bring the gun took place and that the gun was not tested to
see if it was recently used nor did they test my brother for gun residue. That same gun witnessed leaving the station was the gun brought back to
the police station as the one my brother used.

(6) Joselito was wearing a white shirt yet when he was being identified by the city?s prosecutor, he had a red gang shirt on and the white t-shirt he
had on as seen on video was underneath. When they realized that the red shirt had no holes, they took the red shirt off.

(7) We know the police officers names & the captain who made the order, the one who was witnessed leaving with the gun from the police station &
the one who planted the gun & gave Joselito the fatal shots.

(8) And as if that?s not all enough I have more that I?m told not to release to the public yet.

? PLEASE HELP ME GET JUSTICE IN MY BROTHER'S DEATH!

I WILL FOREVER BE GREATFUL!!!​

SEND AN EMAIL DIRECTLY TO:
THE NATIONAL POLICE HEADQUARTERS IN DOM. REP.
(They have translators):
idalpe23@hotmail.com AND/OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY AT 809-682-2151
======================================================

This link is to the article in a Spanish newspaper El Nuevo Diario

Website: http://elnuevodiario.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=42444&action=add_comment&commentMode=true#comms/[/El Nuevo Diario (search for: Joselin Martinez)[/COLOR]Link Address is: url=http://elnuevodiario.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=42444&action=add_comment&commentMode=true#comms/
? AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE YOU CAN WRITE & VIEW COMMENTS,
IN ANY LANGUAGE.

? Webpage dedicated to Joselito (in his memory) :
Notoriousteez.com/Familia

? Story & photos posted on: www.myspace.com/goodyic

Thank you for your support.​

Sincerely, (a grieving determined sister)

This is for you my dearest brother! MURDERED on December 13th 2006 at 5:15pm Dominican time
A day short of his 34th birthday. Te amo siempre​

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
I am so sorry to hear that, but as this was caught on video, will you be able to charge the cops with murder?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
That is so horrible I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family :( I hope all your efforts work out and justice is served for your brother.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Fanny,

You have a lot of guts even through all your pain. And you are right, a combined effort through the media can help towards the rightful outcome. I've just read the letters on El Nuevo Diario from all those who knew your brother, work colleagues, tourists etc.

I think as many as possible of us on DR1 ought to write to the Police as above and also the Minister of the Interior and Police
Secretar?a de Estado de Interior y Polic?a

Av. M?xico esq. Leopoldo Navarro, Edificio de Oficinas Gubernamentales Juan Pablo Duarte, piso 13
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana

Tel.: (809) 686-6251
Fax: (809) 686-6599

Even if we do not know personally about this case we can rightfully complain about the number of times this happens and that it HAS to stop and then push for a full prosecution in this case. Maybe we should contact the Minister of Tourism also? Look at the number of people on El Nuevo Diario letters who have said in both Spanish and English that they will never visit the DR again.

Fanny, may God give you strength. Deep condolences.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Fanny,

You have a lot of guts even through all your pain. And you are right, a combined effort through the media can help towards the rightful outcome. I've just read the letters on El Nuevo Diario from all those who knew your brother, work colleagues, tourists etc.

I think as many as possible of us on DR1 ought to write to the Police as above and also the Minister of the Interior and Police

Av. M?xico esq. Leopoldo Navarro, Edificio de Oficinas Gubernamentales Juan Pablo Duarte, piso 13
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana

Tel.: (809) 686-6251
Fax: (809) 686-6599

Even if we do not know personally about this case we can rightfully complain about the number of times this happens and that it HAS to stop and then push for a full prosecution in this case. Maybe we should contact the Minister of Tourism also? Look at the number of people on El Nuevo Diario letters who have said in both Spanish and English that they will never visit the DR again.

Fanny, may God give you strength. Deep condolences.

Good idea, Lambada. I sent e-mails to the two addresses provided. Fanny, God help and bless your family, and grant you the courage to carry on with your plea for justice. I am so sorry this has happened to you...I cannot believe that police crimes like this are still happening all over the island - you would hope that these crimes would only be part of the country's dark past.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My condolences to you and your Family.

It sickens me to hear these things about the people that are there to protect not kill people.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
Fanny M.

Just as Lambada and Trina are suggesting, we should all get together on this and e-mail whoever we have to mail. It's incredible how inocent people can get killed and pretend as if nothing happened.

I know Fanny; she's a very good person, sister and mother and she's going through lots; not only she has lost her brother; but her mother is dissable and the only person who was encharged of looking out for her in the DR is now gone.

Please help Fanny and her family find peace in their heart by pleading for

Perlanegra

fannymartinez74

Jan 2, 2007
www.notoriousteez.com
I am so sorry to hear that, but as this was caught on video, will you be able to charge the cops with murder?

Hello Nyeden,
You would think that. But even with all the proof I have they are trying to cover it up. Big people are coming down because of this and hopefully it's just a matter of time.

Thanks for your support.

fannymartinez74

Jan 2, 2007
www.notoriousteez.com
Thanks for the usefull info

I forgot to give you all the name of the Minister of the Interior: it is Doctor Franklin Almeyda Rancier. He's just had a mail from me.

Thank you Lambada, I have added the email address & name to my myspace & an soon as I get home I will update my webpage. Thanks for your support.

Sincerely (a grieving sister)
Fanny

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
wow this is a tragic story. I am sorry for your loss. I hope justice is served.

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
Fanny-my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
I had met your brother on my first trip to the DR in 2003. He was our tour rep
on two trips after that as well-with Sunwing.
He was a great guy, very friendly, loved life and his job.
When I read your post I was sadened by this and felt sick as I read.
When I saw his face (and realized it was him) I thought my heart would stop.
I hope you and your family get justice for Joselito. This horrific crime CAN NOT go unpunished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
My Dominican husband's thoughts.....

I have read this thread to my husband who is shocked and upset over this....

I am writing this on behalf of him, Orlando.. as you all know is Dominican, recently moved to Cda. He is requesting that I type this out..so I am typing, he is speaking.

"I am shocked at this post, and can not believe what I have read. Fanny, my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

I am Dominican, and can't believe that other Dominicans would behave to each other, as they have in this situation.

The government has to pay more attention to the police, and how they are being handled and supervised. It looks like it is the police who is running the country and not the other way around! The police know who are the good and bad Dominicans (ie drug dealers and robbers) They know who rob people, who sell drugs, and who kill people. They shoot first and ask questions later. What they need to do, is find the person, bring them to the police station, ask questions, then handle it, IF they have the right person. Not shoot them like animals. We are not animals, but the police treat us like that, and the President doesn't do anything about it.

The President, he is so smart, and intelligent. I can't believe that he sees all this, and he doesn't pay any attention to how the police are with the people.

It is not fair to all the other Dominicans living in our country, that THIS is how the DR is governed.

What has to happen is that the President has to pay attention to what is going on with the Police, and has to handle this in a forceful manner, putting restrictions and laws in place so that everyone is treated equally. In the end, start to fire each one of the Police Bosses, (to set an example) and put a person in their place that knows how to use a gun properly, and who will look out for the people first, and not for themselves first. (ie looking to line their pockets with money).

I can tell you that this is not the last thing you will hear about the police doing something like this. It happens everyday, but not broadcasted as this was, and it won't be the last time either.

Thank you
Orlando"

I may have helped Orlando with some of the sentence structure, ;) but this is what Orlando feels should been done, and is very disgusted with this, and how it is being handled thus far. Right now he feels, anyone reading this email by his recommendation, would suggest not to visit the DR, b/c he feels the police are all assassinators and drug dealers. This is what he truly believes in his heart, and feels from growing up in Puerto Plata, and living life on a daily basis there.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Only Money Counts

... the number of people... that ... will never visit the DR again.

To call the PN a police force is not really terming it correctly, to say the least.
What we hear here is just the tip of an iceberg and the only help against the cover ups is to spread the news and help the truth to become known.
In doing so the message boards have an important function and any suppressing of crime related news is only helping crime.
Things will not change unless the Government see tourists staying away from this country.

m'frog

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I am very sorry for your loss. God be with you. We will pray for you.

I sent an e-mail as requested. I told them it was a shame that an innocent man was killed, but now they want to dirty his name. The least they can do now is clear his (once) clean name.

BUT - Can you post a form-letter here, giving us the words that you want us to use in Spanish? Some of us don't write the best Spanish. :)

-- SamanaSuenos

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
So Sorry to hear of your tragic loss.....may justice prevail!
How many more innocent Dominicans must lose their lives (foreigners also) before the gov't takes appropriate steps to counter-act the lawlessness that is sweeping the country.
Unfortunately as most of those that live there already know, much of the lawlessness is at the hands of the very organizations that are meant to protect the people (police and military)......

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What we hear here is just the tip of an iceberg and the only help against the cover ups is to spread the news and help the truth to become known.
In doing so the message boards have an important function and any suppressing of crime related news is only helping crime. m'frog

Absolutely! Fanny is certainly doing her part to get this out there. Let's all do ours.
On this link scroll down to 19th. December
www.elbombaso.com

Yahoo! Respuestas - My brother Joselin (aka: Joselito) Martinez murdered by Bonao’s (Dom. Rep.) unlawful criminal police force?

Anyone have the email address of Minister of Tourism Felix Jimenez? I know some board members know him personally. I found website of Ministry but can't get it to centre on my screen so don't know if there is a Contact Us address
New Page 1

Fanny, was this only reported in El Nuevo Diario? I've had a brief look in other papers but so far have found nothing. Are they not being allowed to report it?

fannymartinez74

Jan 2, 2007
www.notoriousteez.com
Mandale un email a tu oficina local o mas/ Please send an email to the address below

Ministry of Dominican Republic Tourism offices UNITED STATES

NEW YORK
Director: Lucien Echavarria

Address: 136 E. 57 St Suite 803
New York, NY 10022, USA
Phone: 212-588-1012/ 14
Toll Free: 1-888-374-6361
Fax: 212-588-1015
Email: drtourismboardny@verizon.net

* Virginia, W. Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Washington D.C., New Jersey, Delaware, Rhode Island, Maryland, Buffalo and Providence.

MIAMI

Director: Wendy Justo

Address: 848 Brickell Ave. Suite 405
Miami, FL 33131, USA
Phone: 305-358-2899
Toll Free: 1-888-358-9594
Fax: 305-358-4185
Email: miami@sectur.gov.do

* Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California.

CHICAGO

Director: Leandro Reynoso

Address: 561 West Diversey Building Suite 214
Chicago, IL 60614-1643, USA
Phone: 773-529-1336/ 37
Toll Free: 1-888-303-1336
Fax: 773-529-1338
Email: chicago@sectur.gov.do

* Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Tennessee, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Wisconsin

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO
Director: Cosette Garcia

Address: 890 Ashford Ave.
Local C-3 Condado,
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907
Phone: 787-722-0881
Fax: 787-724-7293
Email: opt_pr@yahoo.com
CANADA

MONTREAL, CANADA
Director: Susana Rosa

Address: 2080 Rue Crescent
Montreal PQ, Quebec
H3G 2B8, Canada
Phone: 514-499-1918
Toll Free:1-800-563-1611
Fax: 514-499-1393
Email: montreal@sectur.gov.do
Email: domrep_office@rapidmail.ca

* New Foundland, Halifax, Frederincton, Moncton, Saint John, Quebec, Montreal, Repentigny,Boucherville,Sherbrooke, Trois Rivieres, Laval, Longueil, Valleyfield, Sainte Foy, Sanguenay, Rive Sud, Ottawa, Hull, Gatineau, Huwksberry, Drummonville and Saint Jean sur le Richelieu

TORONTO, ONTARIO
Director: Abdalah Castillo

Address: 26 Wellington Street East Suite 201
Toronto, Ontario
M5E-1S2, Canada
Phone: 416-361-2126/ 27
Toll Free: 1-888-494-5050
Fax: 416-361-2130
Email: toronto@sectur.gov.do

* Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Scarborough,Thunder Bay, London, Windsor, Waterloo, Kitchener, Manitoba, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Regina, Alberta, Edmonton, Calgary, British Columbia, Vancouver, Langley, Victoria, Nunavut, Equaluit, Yukon, Whitehorse, Dawson, North West Territories y Yellow Knife.

EUROPE

PARIS, FRANCE
Director: Mercedes Castillo

Address: 11 Rue Boudreau
75009, Paris, France
Phone: 33-1-4312-9191
Fax: 33-1-4494-0880
Email: otrepdom@aol.com

FRANKFURT, GERMANY
Director: Petra Cruz

Address: Hochstrasse 54
60313 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: 49-69-9139-7878
Fax: 49-69-283430
Email: domtur@aol.com

* Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, Scandinavia, and Eastern Europe

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Director: Sabrina Cambiaso

Address: 18-21 Hand Court
London WC1V 6JF
United Kingdom
Phone: 44-20 72427778
Fax: 44-20 74054202
Email: inglaterra@sectur.gov.do
Email: dominican.rep@btconnect.com
* England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales

MADRID, SPAIN
Director: A?da Rosa Pezzotti

Address: Calle General Yag?e #4
Puerta 12, 28020 Madrid, Spain
Phone: 34-91-417-7375
Fax: 34-91-598-0025
Email: espana@sectur.gov.do
Email: info@turdom.e.telefonica.net

* Spain and Portugal

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Director: Samanda Fersobe

Address: Ave. Louise 271 Louizalaan,
Bruxelles 1050, Belgium
Phone: 32-2-646-1300
Fax: 32-2-649-3692
Email: tourism@visitdomrep.com
Email: repdomtur@skynet.be

* Belgium, Netherland and Luxemburg,

MILAN, ITALY
Director: Neyda Garcia

Address: 25 Piazza Castello
20121 Milano, Italy
Phone: 39-02-805-7781
Fax: 39-02-865-861
Email: italia@sectur.gov.do

* Italy and Italian Swiss Canton ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA

Representative: Galina Lyssenko

Address: C. Shpalernaya, 54, Of. A12,
191015 St. Petersburg, Russia
Phone: 812-333-09-52
Fax: 812-333-09-56
Email: optdom-ru@mail.ru

* Russia, Ukraine and countries of CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States)
ASIA

TOKYO, JAPAN

Representative: Masatoshi Nagami

Address: Kowa 38 Bldg. # 904, 4-12-24
Nishi-Asabu, Minaro-Ku
Tokyo 106-0031 Japan
Phone: + 81-3-3499-6020
Email: masatoshinagami@yahoo.com
SOUTH AMERICA
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA

Director: Ver?nica G?mez Buret

Address: Arenales 1101 Esq. Cerrito
(C1061AAI) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone: 54-114-312-2203
Fax: 54-114-312-8361
Email: turismodominicana@fibertel.com.ar
Email: argentina@sectur.gov.do

* Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay
SANTIAGO, CHILE

Director: Carmen Rodr?guez

Address: Augusto Leguia Sur 79,
Oficina 1105, Las Condes
Santigo de Chile, Chile
Phone: 56-2-952-0540
Fax: 56-2-952-0541
Email: chile@sectur.gov.do
Email: sectursantiagochile@gmail.com
SAO PAULO, BRASIL

Director: Andrea Majela

Address: Ave. S?o Luis No. 50
Conjunto 91E-9 Andar
Edif. Italia / Centro
Cep 01046-926 S?o Paulo / SP, Brasil
Phone: 55-11-2189-2403
Fax: 55-11-2189-2402
Email: andrea@republicadominicana.tur.br
Email: esmeralda@republicadominicana.tur.br
BOGOTA, COLOMBIA

Director: Rene Contreras

Address: Oficina 513 de la Torre A
Edif. Teleport Business Park,
Calle 114 No. 9-01, Santa Fe de Bogota, Colombia
Phone: 57-1-629-1818/ 1841
Fax: 57-1-629-1830
Email: colombia@sectur.gov.do

*Colombia, Ecuador, Per? and Bolivia

CARACAS, VENEZUELA
Director: Miguelina Ruiz
Address: Calle Villaflor con Ave. Casanova,
Edif. Offimaker piso 1, Oficina 1-3
Sabana Grande, Caracas, Venezuela
Phone: 58-212-761-1956/761/0986
Fax: 58-212-761-1761
Email: oficinadeturismord@cantv.net
Email: miguelinaruiz@cantv.net
* Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago and Panam?

Status
Not open for further replies.