kebabs

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There was a german who opened up a donor kebob business in santiago. His sandwich was totally tasteless and flat in flavor. he soon went bankrupt.
Then there was this german in sosua who had a donor kebob takeout business. I don't know if he is still in business. This was more than 5 yrs ago.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Think of it as shawarma but turkish style. I ate one in germany once. Yummy.
AZB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Think of it as shawarma but turkish style. I ate one in germany once. Yummy.
AZB

ahhh...ok, thanks.

BTW, there's a place in the Zona Colonial called El Rey de Falafel (I wonder if there's any relation to Falafel King in Greenwich Village, NY and New Haven, CT LOL). Anyway, the place serves Falafel and Shawarma, along with hummus, tabouilli, and a few other middle-eastern items...very good and quite reasonable

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ahhh...ok, thanks.

BTW, there's a place in the Zona Colonial called El Rey de Falafel (I wonder if there's any relation to Falafel King in Greenwich Village, NY and New Haven, CT LOL). Anyway, the place serves Falafel and Shawarma, along with hummus, tabouilli, and a few other middle-eastern items...very good and quite reasonable

Yes, he is a jewish israeli who runs that business there. I have eaten there and its excellent. When I ate falafel there, he didn't have shawarma at the time, now I hear they serve shawarma and its worth a bite.
AZB

x-charm-x*/

Jan 2, 2007
a doner kebab is strips of meat on nan or pitta bread its indian or pakistani i think! theres different types of kebab eg doner kebab shesh kebab & chicken tikka kebab! there really tasty lol

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Kebabs are Greek actually, not the healthiest of food the donner variety, they are really tasty (but mainly after about 12 pints and followed by a few visits face to face with a bog lol) In the broad light of day most people think twice, you only have to look at the pitta bread dripping in fat to know, NOW THAT WAS A BAD MOVE

But still an English tradition that accompanies BEER and any other form of large amounts of alcohol ... a night down the pub just wouldn't be complete, the more sophisicated drinkers opt for a curry (real drinkers are on first name terms with their restaurant staff and are often allowed in for a quick curry at closing lol)

Ahhh those WERE the days ... lol

OH and usually we drench the donner meat in chillie sauce too!!! Just think of the next morning .....:ermm: Oh most have salad too with the meat

On the brigher side, shish kebabs are diced lamb or chicken with peppers and onions seasoned and chargrilled on a bbq grill served in pitta with salad, much healthier and real meat! lol

Last edited:

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
kebabs mmmh........

love to be able to help you out in doing so help myself!
but just to let you know the guy in sosua is long closed.the joint is now the pluto bar and they dont sell food.
there was 1 also where hamburger paradise is now the name,attached to hotel residental.they were v.good but he bailed out too.
cabarette's so called "irish bar"has the shish kebab version though personally price wise i would prefer to pay the same price for a fillet steak.
maybe think ribs instead and hit rocky's in sosua.you will also find the best'est hamburgers at the best'est price ther too.dont spread that aroud too much or the owner may hike the price up;)
i wish you well in your quest.

manunut

Nov 17, 2006
any update??????

know the thread is a little old now,but has any body out there tracked/traced a "doner kebab"" vendor?
would think there has to be ""one"" left?
if not,""hole in the market for someone..............:glasses:

cepxat

Sep 12, 2008
Kebap

Hi all,
I think the real kebap shish kebap comes from Turkey. I tried to find a Turkish restaurant on Dom Rep but i couldn t. But last night i went to a arabian restaurant called Al Emir. They serve kebap ans shawerma(real name is doner actually). I tried shish kebap and it was not the best but it is ok. Address is:

Al Emir
Fantino Falco 59,Ens. Piantini, entre Lope de Vega y Agust?n Lara
Santo Domingo
Tel?fono: (809) 473-4494/ (809) 540-7853