Sosua in late Oct. early Nov.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsayin

Aug 18, 2008
hi everyone, i will be making my 2nd trip back to Sosua in late Oct thru early Nov. can anybody give me info of what the weather is like during that time, if the party scene is still good, and if theres still many tourists in the area, ex. in sosua, cabarete or playa dorada?? I just wanted to get an idea if our trip this time would be just as good as the 1 I just came back from 2 weeks ago...Any kind of info would be greatly appreciated..Thanks.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I went to the DR the last week of Oct first week of Nov in 2007 and I got hurricane Noel. It was a bummer because I only got to go to the beach the last few days of my stay. First couple of days were spent indoors drinking, dancing :)

imsayin

Aug 18, 2008
I went to the DR the last week of Oct first week of Nov in 2007 and I got hurricane Noel. It was a bummer because I only got to go to the beach the last few days of my stay. First couple of days were spent indoors drinking, dancing :)

dam that sucks..i thought hurricane season would be done by then...oh man now i gotta figure things out a little more...thanks bro...
Can anybody else add to this??...

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
I was there in early November of last year and it rained off and on everyday. Now, when it wasn't raining, the weather was beautiful. But it was too unpredictable to get in very much beach time.

The good part is that it wasn't very hot. And the clubs and bars were still jumping, so we were still able to keep ourselves entertained.

Actually, I plan on being there in early November myself and I'm hoping for better weather this time.

Vince.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
October is definitely hit or miss..usually no problems with Hurricanes, but you never know...and obviously, this year appears to be a "bad" one. As for tourists, it is one of the slowest months of the year, but it starts to pick up a bit towards the end and into November.

One bright spot though is Halloween... There are huge parties on the beach in Cabarete, and The lighthouse Lounge at Ocean World...and I assume Playa Dorada.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
I'll be the mid-october, hopefully the weather will be nice, well I'll give a review on my return, b4 you leave, you'll have an idea.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
hi there , Have the storms/hurricanes in late October/ November been major ones? I also am on my way during this time, I had not thought about Halloween in the DR. Besides beach parties as mentioned what does Halloween mean in the Dominican? How is it celebrated?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
hi there , Have the storms/hurricanes in late October/ November been major ones? I also am on my way during this time, I had not thought about Halloween in the DR. Besides beach parties as mentioned what does Halloween mean in the Dominican? How is it celebrated?

There was a fluke storm last Oct/Nov that actually killed a bunch of people here in the DR.

The rain was so heavy they opened the flood gates and a village was swept away. There were people climbing trees so helicopters could pluck them from harms way.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
As far as Halloween is concerned......last year I dressed up as as a Puta , but the dress I was wearing gave me away!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

I think they have adopted it as an American holiday...just for the fun...especially for the kids...and a reason for (mostly young) adults to dress up and party...

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
Looking for a GF clean , high end hotel, with jaccuzzi's in rooms. Not interested in AI's Will be in Sosua November for 5 days. Don't mind paying for the right place.
Can someone help?

newyorksfinest

Mar 1, 2008
I was there last year, second week of November. The weather was good. I do recall just missing a big storm prior to my arrival. Will be returning this November and am hoping for some good weather and a cold presidente...................

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The New Garden Hotel has jacuzzi's in a few of the new rooms and has FRP's on the premises!

Really?....I didn't know that...that was a good idea to put those in.... and Tambo'...what's an FRP?

Friends Requiring Payment?
For Role Play?
Feel Real Pleasurable?
Fun Room Parties?
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks for the quick responses ! I will check out the Garden Hotel. I need help with FRP's also ??
How about a real clean Hotel . Going to need a couple of rooms with AC.
Have been in the Capital several times a year for the past 8 years. , including Boca Chica. We have had real good experiences with the Palacio in the capital. Looking North for a change in scenery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Don't mind Condo rooms if we can get a 3 or 4 night say.
Also, our plans may take us back to the capital from Sosua. can we hire someone with an SUV , taxi, with AC for a comfortable ride back to the Capital ? No budget.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Thanks for the quick responses ! I will check out the Garden Hotel. I need help with FRP's also ??
How about a real clean Hotel . Going to need a couple of rooms with AC.
Have been in the Capital several times a year for the past 8 years. , including Boca Chica. We have had real good experiences with the Palacio in the capital. Looking North for a change in scenery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Don't mind Condo rooms if we can get a 3 or 4 night say.
Also, our plans may take us back to the capital from Sosua. can we hire someone with an SUV , taxi, with AC for a comfortable ride back to the Capital ? No budget.

If money is not an issue, why not rent a villa. The best thing about the north coast, in my opinion, is the abundance of private villas for rent.

I never stay in Hotels when on the north coast. Hell, I've already got my villa reserved for November.

Vince.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Really?....I didn't know that...that was a good idea to put those in.... and Tambo'...what's an FRP?

Friends Requiring Payment?
For Role Play?
Feel Real Pleasurable?
Fun Room Parties?
:bunny::bunny::bunny:

FRP = Free Range P_ tas
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.