Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Packing?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pistol Packing?

In light of recent threads and having been a dr1 subscriber for a little more than a year, I have a question with no hidden agenda or preconceived idea. Perhaps this question is naive. I am sure you will tell me if that is so.

This question is for those residents who choose to carry concealed arms.

Aside from emotional security, in your experience, has the gun been beneficial? Have you used it? Have you had to pull it out without firing it?

If you had to fire the gun, what were the circumstances? Would you do it again? If you actually shot someone, do you trust the DR police and judicial systems to protect you? If not, what is your plan?

Carrying a gun is a serious decision. I believe that those who do, have a rationale. Before going through the process of purchasing a weapon and becoming legal to carry one, I would like feedback from those who do.

Thanks-
    Lindsey

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lindsey,

No, No, and No.!

You are safe so relax, before I begin! OK !

Everyone needs to learn this.

If you get robbed you get robbed!

Now, while you are absent from your home or like I was when I was sleeping you think police, and as much as I feel violated at the fact the intruder ate my left over chicken dinner , leaving the plate in front of my toilette as he was robbing me was funny!

Might work, but best just to let it go and live another day.

Theft is the Poverty Tax, not Income Tax.

Everything else aside , do not confront someone who has nothing but a machette as a Lawn Mower , these guys think they are the new Titanium razor blade!

That part was supposed to get a laugh!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

(My replies in bold...........)

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyKaufman View Post
    In light of recent threads and having been a dr1 subscriber for a little more than a year, I have a question with no hidden agenda or preconceived idea. Perhaps this question is naive. I am sure you will tell me if that is so.

This question is for those residents who choose to carry concealed arms.

Aside from emotional security,

(Personal protection? I don't think of it as emotional, but rather, a necessary evil)

in your experience, has the gun been beneficial?

(I feel safer knowing that I have some capacity to potentially neutralize or eliminate a deadly situation. It primarily elevates my awareness of surroundings and situations, because the use of a deadly weapon should be a last resort. Engage brain first!)

Have you used it?

(No, and I hope I NEVER have to)

Have you had to pull it out without firing it?

(Conventional training will teach you that the only time you pull a weapon is when you intend to actually USE it)

If you had to fire the gun, what were the circumstances? Would you do it again? If you actually shot someone, do you trust the DR police and judicial systems to protect you? If not, what is your plan?

(Preservation of self, of family, friends and victims of a serious crime is paramount to Dominican law, in my book. That being said, I surmise that connections/money to get out of jail or be prepared to spend time in jail for the use deadly force should be expected after the fact)

Carrying a gun is a serious decision.
    I believe that those who do, have a rationale.

(You need to be able to answer the following; Can I kill another human being? Am I prepared to face the consequences? In normal civilization, the taking of a life has to be accounted for, usually the job of the attorney general)

Before going through the process of purchasing a weapon and becoming legal to carry one, I would like feedback from those who do.

(If you decide to carry a lethal weapon for self defense, practice situational awareness (should be standard protocol in the DR anyway) and practice with your choice of weapon(s) often)

Thanks-
    Lindsey

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Too scary for me!

Do we head to the Airport.......or will we run into some banned socks on some guy named John!

I have no shame so fess up1

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the answers from SOCUBAN are clear enough.

It makes sense not to pull a gun to another person if you wont use it, you dont
    what it comes after and be ready $ if you shoot someone.

better have a bullet proof vest than the gun.....

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

Lindsey. I was shot. Point blank range. Through neck. I ran. I survived. If I had had a gun I would have taken time to get it out of bag, belt, whereever, and they would have shot me again. Better to have no gun and run.

Matilda

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Lindsey. I was shot. Point blank range. Through neck. I ran. I survived. If I had had a gun I would have taken time to get it out of bag, belt, whereever, and they would have shot me again. Better to have no gun and run.

Matilda

Sorry to hear this , Matilda!
    You are so sweet.
    I will pray my God for you to get well soon and completely.
    I hope to see you soon in your JD. Minovia agreed to go there instead of Boca Chica!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

better have a bullet proof vest than the gun.....
    What if they shoot you in the head? LOL

Sorry a little dumb and dumber humor there!

I find this interesting as i too have been considering the pro's and con's of owning a hand gun. I don't like the idea of it, but that won't protect my family should something happen. To be honest i don't think i have it in me to shoot someone, but i think most mothers would agree with me that if your children were in harms way you would do what is needed and shoot if you had to.

Maybe i should search some threads, but it would be interesting to know in cases were people have has intruders in their homes if those that were hurt initially fought back/were armed or were passive and unarmed?

Will most intruders leave you unharmed if you cooperate or if the victim is seen as incapable of retaliating do they tend to be more violent?

I have had an intruder in my home, they opened my bedroom door and as i am a light sleeper i looked up and they closed the door and fled the house, however i do believe this was a youngster as he had already been through my handbag and only taken cash, he left car keys, credit cards etc. I consider myself very lucky that they did not take advantage of the fact i was home alone and in bed, but then i also think it was someone i knew and that's why.

I also did not realise that the police here would likely arrest you and punish you for killing an intruder, Is this true?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Have A Shotgun In My House!

But I don't carry in the street.
    I would shoot at least 50 people a day if I did!
    I will protect my family!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    But I don't carry in the street.
    I would shoot at least 50 people a day if I did!
    I will protect my family!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    jejeje, funny how you feel like that after living here for a while.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast