Best restaurants in santiago?

lukabrasi187

Feb 24, 2008
I put a post talkin about goin on november 7, to camp david ranch...but now im considering other places...i will like to know the best consider restaurants in santiago...dont care if its pricey trying to take my lady to an impressive place? Other than camp david what is some pricey and nice restaurants?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For a really nice meal:
1) Pez Dorado on Sol St by Altagracia Church (very large portions, food is famous here)
2) Montmart (?) on Calle 2 in the Jardines, in back of Politecnico Femenino, off Texas av.
3) ZOL on 11 St, off of Metropolitana, just by Bon in the Jardines. 11 is a One way St,
4) Pasticcio had received good reviews, also.
5) Nano's, on Benito Juarez in Villa Olga, left side after the ball park-known for its meat
6) La Parrillita, on Juan Pablo Duarte, across from Plaza Internacional.

I have not mentioned Carlos Tasso because last time I went by there it was being renovated.

For me either 1,2 or 3 are most impressive for a date.

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
addresses? comments? cuisines?

I had lunch at Satay...it was very good... a little pricey, but not too bad. It's on 27 de Febrero in the plaza with Casa Dominicana and the new Club Camus (formerly ZOOM).

Ive also been to Paparazzi which is next to the club Tribeca...not sure of the address, but it's excellent and again a little pricey, but not bad at all.

Both are sort of Trendy-Italian with good steaks and other meat dishes...

Nov 25, 2008
the best food is in the Centro Espa?ol, but you have to be a member or accompanied by a member, best food, view, everything....

nothing beats it in Santiago

[members has its privileges]

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
the best food is in the Centro Espa?ol, but you have to be a member or accompanied by a member, best food, view, everything....

I had the pleasure of being invited to dinner to Centro Espanol. Class club. Had the largest private billards room I've ever seen.

Great meal. Wonderful.

All they need is a golf course to be near World Class...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

But you could probably buy a restaurant for the price of membership
SHALENA

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
They do have a golf course cobra boy......just that its putt-putt......
:cheeky: :rimshot:

Be an awesome place with a real course, even 9 holes. They seem to have plenty of land to do it.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Anybody here on DR1 a member?
Mi esposa's family are.

By coincidense, we were invited to lunch there today by a buiness colleague who is also a member. We haven't been there is 2-3 years.

:surprised

Wowsers! They've spent a ton of RD$RD$RD$ and remodeled the place. AND the food was FANTASTIC! AND, the price was waaaay lower than most restuarants in Santiago.

I was allowed to take some pictures. I'll process them and post them later tonight, Lord willing and the creek don't rise...

vnazaire

Sep 4, 2010
La Parrillita, a bit expensive !

For a really nice meal:

5) Nano's, on Benito Juarez in Villa Olga, left side after the ball park-known for its meat
6) La Parrillita, on Juan Pablo Duarte, across from Plaza Internacional.

HB

I decided to go and try both as they are in Villa Olga.

At Parrillita, I had a filete de Mero a la criolla ( 315 pesos ) which came with cooked yucca only; a pecan pie ( wee small slice, grated pecan not pecan nuts) came at 145 pesos .

I consider those prices the same as I would pay in Toronto .
Service is quick and pleasant ! A clean place .

But in D.R. , these prices are high since real estate and personnel salaries are lower .

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I decided to go and try both as they are in Villa Olga.

At Parrillita, I had a filete de Mero a la criolla ( 315 pesos ) which came with cooked yucca only; a pecan pie ( wee small slice, grated pecan not pecan nuts) came at 145 pesos .

I consider those prices the same as I would pay in Toronto .
Service is quick and pleasant ! A clean place .

But in D.R. , these prices are high since real estate and personnel salaries are lower .

What about Nano's?

vnazaire

Sep 4, 2010
Nano is also a terrace open air restaurant.
I was there in late evening.
The bar occupying the entrance seems to pass the message it's mainly a bar and not a place for eating.
As it was a bit late for me for supper at 10 in the evening, I tried only some white rice and habichuela sauce.

Great service and impressive tableware ! Price : 240 pesos, a bit expensive . As usual in the D.R. , they supply too much white rice and very little habichuela sauce .

But the personnel was attentive.

I attended the bar on a Friday night , Nano's provides a live trio with good singers.
Pleasant atmosphere.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Camp David has OK food but a great view.

My fave place in STI is Puerto Madero. Great steak argentina style. The best entrana I ever had and I spend a lot of time in Buenos Aires. It is on juan pablo duarte just past Plaza Internacional.

Years ago they were on 27 and called Che Tango. They moved to the present location and changed names to Mi Buenos Aires Querido. The owners were from Argentina and very picky about the meat quality on imported cuts. They sold to a Dominican guy that changed the name to Puerto Madero. I was worried that the quaity would suffer. It may be slightly less consisitent but when they have a good night it is great. Better than any place I have been to in the actual Puerto Madero.

Not fancy but nice and they have live music from a guy singing and playing guitar on some nights. In STI I usually have some cocktails at Camp David, head to Puerto Madero fro dinner and maybe back to Camp David for a night cap before hitting the sack.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Nano is also a terrace open air restaurant.
I was there in late evening.
The bar occupying the entrance seems to pass the message it's mainly a bar and not a place for eating.
As it was a bit late for me for supper at 10 in the evening, I tried only some white rice and habichuela sauce.

Great service and impressive tableware ! Price : 240 pesos, a bit expensive . As usual in the D.R. , they supply too much white rice and very little habichuela sauce .

But the personnel was attentive.

I attended the bar on a Friday night , Nano's provides a live trio with good singers.
Pleasant atmosphere.

240 pesos for arroz con habichuelas, without any meat? wow...that *is* expensive...