Two Germans found murdered in Villa Isabela, Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2009
I'm appalled and scared when I hear these stories. But I have to take issue with the papers (and/or the policy) saying that two Haitians committed the murders, instead of saying that they're prime suspects. One paper mentions that the bodies were found in a ditch by neighbors that smelled the decomposition of the bodies. Same neighbors pointed to the Haitians. If they didn't know they were bodies in those ditches, how do these neighbors know with certainty that they were the two Haitians who committed the crime?

Sure they took off. If they found their bosses' bodies before the neighbors did, what else could they do even if they had not murdered them but to flee!

It may have or have not been them, but until someone can prove that, it'll be nice if the papers top pointing fingers to the Haitians. Sorry, that's my humble opinion of course.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
I'm appalled and scared when I hear these stories. But I have to take issue with the papers (and/or the policy) saying that two Haitians committed the murders, instead of saying that they're prime suspects. One paper mentions that the bodies were found in a ditch by neighbors that smelled the decomposition of the bodies. Same neighbors pointed to the Haitians. If they didn't know they were bodies in those ditches, how do these neighbors know with certainty that they were the two Haitians who committed the crime?

Sure they took off. If they found their bosses' bodies before the neighbors did, what else could they do even if they had not murdered them but to flee!

It may have or have not been them, but until someone can prove that, it'll be nice if the papers top pointing fingers to the Haitians. Sorry, that's my humble opinion of course.

I feel the same way. They shouldn't say that they are guilty if they haven't performed and investigation.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
... But I have to take issue with the papers (and/or the policy) saying that two Haitians committed the murders, instead of saying that they're prime suspects. ?

You are right , I always think same thing when I read a case like this one.

But today the big difference if I am not , of course , a direct witness I can give you the following informations.

1) I knocked on their garden door Wednesday around 2 p.m. on my way to Santiago.

I called them, the house was all opened , clothes drying on a rope...but I was surprised dogs and gooses and other animals came to the door silently, dogs without barking.
I can tell you I will never forget the way those animals looked at me.
All those animals like a statue side by side silently 15 feet from the door.
They did not come to bark at the door. Silence full blast.
Weird but I kept on hitting the road to STG.
I could not imagine the reality, of course.
The haitian guy always there , was not , the animal behaviour showed it.

2) I returned yesterday night and crossed the ambulance with the 2 bodies in the rear.
I stopped to Dominican friends' place very closed from the scene.
They told me: an evening this week , they saw several Haitian guys back and forth. again and again, a great nervousness in the Haitian community.
At this point nothing was known.
Some quit the village without notice.
Have in mind all come from the same village and area in haitie.
3)the Haitian guy said to the neighbor than Christ. and Sabina left to Puerto Plata. But the car was (and is) in the patio with the keys on it.
4) he disappeared and left (sold? because police found the motorcycle in dominican hand) the motorcycle on the main road to Haitie.
5)On Thursday dogs and animals were barking constantly. People around came and called authorities.
6) The Fiscal came and said no charges can retained to the
haitian, even if he disappeared , may be the couple is really in Puerto Plata for couple of days.
But the fiscal left 3 people at night in the place and those people could not sleep with a strong bad smell around.
The smell lead them to the water tank.

It was yesterday Friday.

Knowing the haitian guy and everyone around and inside, he is the killer.
Each time I called a friend who knows everyone the first word was ''the haitian guy!''.

P.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Very Important Witness

I understand I can chock so people and may be it would be smart to read ''important witness'' or ''very important witness'' where I wrote killer.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Far from PP

where is villa isabela?

The murders took place at "Tiburcio, secci?n Estero Hondo, municipio Villa Isabela, Puerto Plata."
Estero Hondo is not far from Playa Punta Rucia, close to Monte Cristi province.

poppete

Mar 26, 2009
I have traveled often to the area and love it. have been planning to move soon. Was this is a gated community or in a single home more like a farm?

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
You are right , I always think same thing when I read a case like this one.

But today the big difference if I am not , of course , a direct witness I can give you the following informations.

1) I knocked on their garden door Wednesday around 2 p.m. on my way to Santiago.

I called them, the house was all opened , clothes drying on a rope...but I was surprised dogs and gooses and other animals came to the door silently, dogs without barking.
I can tell you I will never forget the way those animals looked at me.
All those animals like a statue side by side silently 15 feet from the door.
They did not come to bark at the door. Silence full blast.
Weird but I kept on hitting the road to STG.
I could not imagine the reality, of course.
The haitian guy always there , was not , the animal behaviour showed it.

2) I returned yesterday night and crossed the ambulance with the 2 bodies in the rear.
I stopped to Dominican friends' place very closed from the scene.
They told me: an evening this week , they saw several Haitian guys back and forth. again and again, a great nervousness in the Haitian community.
At this point nothing was known.
Some quit the village without notice.
Have in mind all come from the same village and area in haitie.
3)the Haitian guy said to the neighbor than Christ. and Sabina left to Puerto Plata. But the car was (and is) in the patio with the keys on it.
4) he disappeared and left (sold? because police found the motorcycle in dominican hand) the motorcycle on the main road to Haitie.
5)On Thursday dogs and animals were barking constantly. People around came and called authorities.
6) The Fiscal came and said no charges can retained to the
haitian, even if he disappeared , may be the couple is really in Puerto Plata for couple of days.
But the fiscal left 3 people at night in the place and those people could not sleep with a strong bad smell around.
The smell lead them to the water tank.

It was yesterday Friday.

Knowing the haitian guy and everyone around and inside, he is the killer.
Each time I called a friend who knows everyone the first word was ''the haitian guy!''.

P.

This is all circumstantial evidence. At best.

With the brutal murder of Jack Phillips in Santo Domingo still fresh and the alleged police involvement with that case, I can't help but wonder what other horrors the police may have a hand in.

Who's to say these Haitians who allegedly fled, didn't flee because they know something about who may have committed the murders and are scared for their personal safety?

CJnNJ

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Was this is a gated community or in a single home more like a farm?
This is what I tried to explain but DR1 moderator closed my thread, not ''politically correct''.
It is a very safe place.
We had now 6 murders where ''people coming from another country but same island'' are involved.
Always those people were familiar. They had house key. Not prowler, never.

P.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Who's to say these Haitians who allegedly fled, didn't flee because they know something about who may have committed the murders and are scared for their personal safety?

I told you the fact a maximum nervouness a night before bodies are discovered.

Now the rumor I did not write yesterday (because I could not verify) : a phone call from Haitie told them to leave quickly... to prevent violence from dominican population I suppose.
Have in mind they are all from the same village,area in Haitie.

In my view. only one guy is involved because nothing to steal at our friends'place. No TV, no video player, no inverser...
Only one guy may be two, but not 5 people.
They were familiar I imagine they shared a beer just before.
There are 2 pittbulls in the garden + 2 gooses +other smal dogs.
Do not imagine people coming at night silently.
No they were inside. Insider(s)

Even myself, very at ease with animals, I was not comfortable to stay alone at the patio table when Christian was inside looking for something.
P.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Key

Always those people were familiar. They had house key.
Really familiar?
People from civilized countries often employ workers here without knowing even their last names ("moreno"), their addresses, their cedula numbers, etc.

Would a Dominican give a house key to an employee?
Yes, but only if his/her whole family has been known for a generation...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is what I tried to explain but DR1 moderator closed my thread, not ''politically correct''.
It is a very safe place.
We had now 6 murders where ''people coming from another country but same island'' are involved.
Always those people were familiar. They had house key. Not prowler, never.

P.
Sounds like what happened to this poor fellow (read the fifth sentence):

Matan anciano a martillazos en Moca

But, as long that situations like this one:

Uno de los menores haitianos identificado como Pasito Pi?, de 13 a?os, asegur? a la prensa que en Ouanaminthe y Dajab?n hay personas que los ayudan a cruzar la frontera y que se encargan de costearles el pasaje para que los transporten de nuevo a Santiago.

And this one:

"Eso no ocurre en Rep?blica Dominicana, basta con tener alg?n dinerito y llega a tu destino", afirm? el inmigrante.
Source: Haitianos agobiados por la hambruna desaf?an a las autoridades fronterizas

Unnecessary deaths committed by foreign nationals illegally living on Dominican soil will continue to be a common occurrence.

And the worst part is that there are people that defend the criminal component among those immigrants. Hey, to such group, this:

Seg?n la versi?n de la dominicana Ramona Rodr?guez, los dos haitianos le robaron un tel?fono m?vil, cuatro mil pesos (120 d?lares) y una cadena luego de amenazarla con un cuchillo.
Source: Multitud trata de linchar a dos haitianos en Rep?blica Dominicana

To such group, its all anti-haitianism. :tired:

The DR has enough Dominican criminals, it doesn't need any extras.

-NALs

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Really familiar?
People from civilized countries often employ workers here without knowing even their last names ("moreno"), their addresses, their cedula numbers, etc.

Would a Dominican give a house key to an employee?
Yes, but only if his/her whole family has been known for a generation...

sadly, this is very true.
our maid used to work for miesposo's parents (stopped when they moved to the house in the mountains). they have known her and her family for well over 20 years and i know we can trust her with the keys.

unfortunately, some foreigners have people work for them "by recommendation" of their local "friends" from barrios.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Well Done PN

The police needs to be commended on this one.
The murderers obviously were on their way to Haiti with little hope of them ever be apprehended.
(One seems to have escaped though.)

Two lives taken for what?
"bulto que conten?a en su interior una s?bana ensangrentada, un par de tenis, una linterna peque?a, balines* y otros efectos propiedad de los alemanes."

Unbelievable and very sad.
These killers had the confidence of their victims.
Whom can one trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.