Mind working overtime.

Oska123

Sep 28, 2009
Hi all,

I live in the turks and caicos islands and have been going to a bar a fair bit of late where they employ some dominican girls, which is the case with every bar over here.

With my limited spanish and her limited english and with a fair bit of texting and translating by google we have struck up from what it seems a little bit of an attraction to each other.

She has texted me that she is falling for me and her other friends at the bar have said that I 'have her heart'.

She is an awesome girl but the only thing is that she is employed to speak to all the guys that come in. Dance with them when any1 wants, sit with them whenever they want.

She has said that that is what she is employed to do but only has eyes for me. She asked me for credit to put in her phone the other day in which I did cause it was only $10, big deal. But it has just got me thinking is she doing that with all the guys.

Its just that after reading a lot of posts on this site it seems to me that what most people are saying is that she probably would be doing this with every1 else and prob have another guy on the side.

I spose I will prob just leave it be before I fall for this girl.

Cheers

Sep 22, 2009
I thought it was a joke to see who actually responds. I mean, c'mon -- there are guys out there that still fall for girls who work in bars?

Lol - no offense Oska!

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
I thought it was a fair question- it's not as if he met her at a bar in Sosua. He's in Turks & Caicos. So does that mean that it doesn't matter what part of the world you are in when you meet a Dominican, they are always out to get you? Wow.

Sep 22, 2009
Omg

I thought it was a fair question- it's not as if he met her at a bar in Sosua. He's in Turks & Caicos. So does that mean that it doesn't matter what part of the world you are in when you meet a Dominican, they are always out to get you? Wow.

This has NOTHING to do with Domincians!! Somebody please weigh in here on "global" women who work in bars.

Anyone... Buehler...

Oska123

Sep 28, 2009
No offense taken what so ever guys.

Just thought I would spill my thoughts.

I know I definately should harden the f up.

Not sure if any of you have been to the turks & caicos but there are heaps of dominicans over here.

Cheers

Sep 22, 2009
Good juicy thread topic

Yes, Oska, harden up. Glad you didn't get offended. Pig also speaks alot of truth.

However let me clarify something for the sake of sounding sexist.

I was a bartender in college for 4 years. Kind of a "racy" place with very good-looking female associates.

You see, what happens is, male, female, young, old, ugly, pretty bar/restaurant/other hospitality workers eventually become immune after a while and it all becomes about sales and tips. In some countries, those sales and tips may earn you more than just a little extra vodka in your bay breeze.

Imagine this: HOW many men/women customers are using thousands of pick-up lines on these people on a daily basis? You just tune them out after a while.

Bottom line, longer-term bar/restaurant/other hospitality workers tend to be basically immune to "falling" for customers. NOT to say it doesn't happen, but the empirical data absolutely stands.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Dominican chicas go to work abroad in places like the Turks and Caicos islands to get money from tourists.

The odds are almost 100% that she is just throwing a line to see if she reels you in, like she may be doing to many others

Forget about all the emotional stuff and consider that one of the DR's biggest exports is prostitutes. And where do they usually work? Brothels and bars.

This has been going on for years, yet still there are guys all over the world sitting in bars talking to chicas like this hypnotizing themselves into thinking she isn't like all the others.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I agree ....

I agree with Berzin here, that is exactly what the majority of women do when they go to another country for a period of time. During the course of sitting there and having a beer with her, why don't you ask her why she came there in the first place, I am sure she will have some sort of line for you, but think logically (with your head, oh...never mind; that's what got you to asking the question in the first place;)) but I digressed, if she is a poor Dominicana, and she has no family in the country, no visible means of support in the country, besides her obvious charms, why else would she be there?

I have not had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country but have met a few people from there, and I am sure there are many reason why people visit there, but again why would she be there if not for the reason that Berzin suggests??

I mean is she there on vacation enjoying your tourist spots?

Does she have any special skills...;).... that your country needs to further their economy?

If not..... again you have to be reasonable and understand why she is there, doesn't make her a bad person, but be honest with yourself (after all she has to eat and probably support her family, I actually applaud her for being so industrious).

Let me bring you up to speed here, Lots of Sosua hookers move up in class and move to The Turks and Caicos for a 6 month to a 1 year stay, It is relatively easy for them to get there if they have a job waiting for them. They are basicly plying there trade a little north of DR for higher prices.

Hi all,

I live in the turks and caicos islands and have been going to a bar a fair bit of late where they employ some dominican girls, which is the case with every bar over here.

With my limited spanish and her limited english and with a fair bit of texting and translating by google we have struck up from what it seems a little bit of an attraction to each other.

She has texted me that she is falling for me and her other friends at the bar have said that I 'have her heart'.

She is an awesome girl but the only thing is that she is employed to speak to all the guys that come in. Dance with them when any1 wants, sit with them whenever they want.

She has said that that is what she is employed to do but only has eyes for me. She asked me for credit to put in her phone the other day in which I did cause it was only $10, big deal. But it has just got me thinking is she doing that with all the guys.

Its just that after reading a lot of posts on this site it seems to me that what most people are saying is that she probably would be doing this with every1 else and prob have another guy on the side.

Cheers

Oska I think you got yourself a good girl there,hold onto her. Get her to stop working as a hooker and you can have a fairy tale ending. I suggest you rent out pretty woman a few times. ;)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I haven"t been to T&C in about 5 years . but lots RD girls in my home port ST marten they only get 3 months here but they do not work at a reg bar they wont be serving drinks no way... WOW pig you are talking about cutting that hit me . I now what games are played by spanish girls having grown up in 305 but that is real my baby sis went down that road. now i am off post too . for the OP lurn the rules play the game it is a little easer to heal a eago if you have a back up plan.

Oska123

Sep 28, 2009
Imbert...no it was not calico jacks.

Woke up to myself and have wiped communication. Was good fun for a bit but was doing my head in.

Whats wrong with watching pretty woman over and over again?

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
Hi all,

Cheers

I agree with you, i mean how does one fall in love with another if you dont speak the language. shes looking out for her interests as are her friends ...they allllll work together

cinderelli1

Jun 24, 2009
No matter what race or sex you are, you are from a poor country and working in a bar for a living...you will do whatever, or whomever it takes.

TexasGringo

Apr 27, 2009
Oska...

couple things

1- she's a girl in a bar working for tips...

2- she's a girl in a bar working for tips...

3- she's a girl in a bar working for tips...

imagine ur back stateside and u spent the same amount of time at hooters (not even talking about strip club girls)...u will develop a 'relationship' with these girls as a customer...everytime u come in- they all know u and they know who is ur favorite...

after a while u and ur favorite hang out all the time together BUT she's from the Ukraine and can only speak enough english to take ur order and a little bit more...

ur smitten with her cause she's a young hottie ...

all the other hooters girls in there are telling u how much u have her heart

one day she asks u for a little money to help pay the baby sitter for her...

would u give it to her?

what is ur age difference? how old is she?