To all my friends on DR1...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I wanted to make this announcement in lieu of sending out a bunch of pms.

After some time taking different types of tests, I received the diagnosis of cancer this morning.

Right now I don't know what else to say. I felt the direct approach was best.

I've fought this beast before a few years ago-had surgery for two malignant tumors, did chemo and was back on track quickly.

But it's a bit more complicated this time around from what the doctors told me.

I just wanted to let everyone know.

Thank you.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Wow! I'm really sorry to hear that :(

You beat it once, you'll do it again!

Stay positive and we are here if you need us.

Reactions: Berzin

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
So sorry to hear this Berzin.

As others have said, stay strong, positive and fight it as you did last time.

Un abrazo virtual.

Wow sorry to hear that buddy but you will beat it this time just like you did the last time, Listen you live in the area where I work, If you ever need me to bring something over if your not feeling good dont hesitate to give me a call,I mean it,not a problem ok buddy. Now put your mind to beating this again.And I will see you in DR next week.;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am sorry. Thanks for letting us know. There are a lot of people out there who survived cancer. My Mother is one of them. Stay strong and believe that it is not the end. Good luck and all the best!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
oh god, please don't mention this cancer $hit to me. My family has gone through torture in recent days, caused by this ugly disease.
Just to let you know, we are all with you. If you are still coming to DR please give us the pleasure of meeting you and giving you support.
Wish you luck.
AZB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Go and do everything you have always wanted to. Not 'in case' but because you'll be having such a great time it'll put you in a positive mood to not let it get the better of you. It might be more complicated this time around, as you say, but it isn't an automatic death sentence. I will still be expecting you to be deleting posts 5 years from now ;). In fact, I'm going to make a note in my diary to remind you of this post 5 years from today..........deal?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Berzin,

I am really sorry to hear this. Thank you so much for thinking of us and sharing this with us. Stay positive at all times. You beat it once and you will beat it again!!! NO MATTER WHAT THE DOCTORS SAY!!! Have faith!!!!!!

Te mando un fuerte abrazo.

Last edited by a moderator:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dang man...so sorry to hear that. Stay strong my friend...never met you in person, but always enjoyed your posts as incisive and real...Hope you're posting with us for a long, long time...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have faith in modern medicine and doctors - they will help you pull through again, i am sure.
stay positive and strong.
all the best from both of us.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
really sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know and keep on fighting.

Matilda