To all my friends on DR1...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
The big 'C' is everyone's nightmare, especially more than once. Mr WB has just been through the nightmare too and is rid of the disease and the dread... modern medicine is a wonderful thing so just keep trusting and believing and stay strong. Good wishes from myself and Mr WB.

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
I am sorry to hear this.
You have many people keeping you in their thoughts and prayers and will be in mine as well. Hope this helps you to lift your spirits.. keep fighting.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I endorse 100% what FireGuy said about attitude!

Sorry to hear your news but know you have our support and prayers here and are wished a speedy return to better health. I am sure you are in very good hands.
My brother received the same diagnosis 3 weeks ago so I can relate on a somewhat personal level.

Stay strong and positive!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Very sad to hear, Berzin. I wish you well in your fight. Be positive and kick its butt...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
As a survivor of colon cancer myself, my prayers are with you.

Hang in there my friend!!!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thanks for all the kind words. It means a lot coming from everyone here on DR1.

Here are some details, and I promise to be brief-

I have been diagnosed with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome. One of the characteristics of this syndrome is the development of polyps in the gastrointestinal tract.

They are very rarely cancerous in people in their early thirties, but in my case they happen to be. This is likely due to my previous medical history.

There is no known cure for this syndrome, but correct diagnosis and vigilance with the correct diagnostic procedures are the key factors to avoiding problems in the future.

I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.

Thanks all for taking the time.

Peace.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
real sorry to hear that but remember "the prayers of the righteous availeth much".

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I always enjoy your posts. Think positive and stay strong! Live every day like it's your last and before you know it you will have beat this disease like last time! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I personally have beaten cancer twice. Keep in good spirits. All is posible. A good outlook is the best cure. Never give up.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Positive Thoughts

Berzin, keep reminding yourself that keeping a positive outlook is of the utmost importance. I've been a lung cancer survivor for 6 years now, and have had skin cancer twice, so I understand the emotions that come along with the diagnosis. Lots of people here are praying for you and thinking positive thoughts, as Lance Armstrong says "Livestrong!"

AE

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Yes, "Livestrong" and keep that positive attitude; it means everything. You have friends here that you don't even know about (me included) who are sending you good vibes. As a survivor of 9 years now, I can somewhat identify with how you must be feeling. May God continue to bless you.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Stay Positive. Keep that fight in you. In the words of the late Jimmy Valvano: "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

Mr. Lu

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
my thought and prayers are with you

remember that you can beat this

stay strong!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Deeply sorry to hear about the new challenge you are facing; stay focus stay positive!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
hang tough

Oh Berzin, I am so sorry to hear this...sometimes I wonder if all this information is such a blessing... UNLESS of course they really have a great treatment, which I hope that they do.

love and light to you