Avatar - 3D @ Bella Vista Mall (Santo Domingo)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Went to see Avatar last night at Bella Vista Mall, the place was jammed packed. We got their 30 mins early and they had already sold out the seats to the 3D version.

We opted to see it in 2D and go see it in 3D another day.
Spectacular in 2D, I can only imagine what it must be like in IMAX 3D.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We saw it in 3D Sunday @ Plaza Int'l at 3:10pm.

Awesome.

The 3D is spectacular.

We went with a colleague who is a 3D animator and he was blown away.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
It's showing in 3 places in Santiago in 3D: Plaza Int'l, Hollywood 7 and Las Colinas Mall.

It's prolly in several places in SDQ.

Nov 25, 2008
saw it in 3D but expected something else, I guess in the states the screen wraps you around and its a better visualization

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Yea, i m going to check it out tomorrow. James Cameron what a dude! I remember when I went to see T2:Judgement Day.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
i went to see avatar this evening in 2d in malecon center. its clearly a defining movie for the next decade, just like starwars was in 1977.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I saw it with my wife & kids in 3D at Megaplex-Megacentro. This movie is awesome; my fav for the year. I think my 6 year old enjoyed it the most! This movie just blew me away.

NotLurking

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
saw it in 3D but expected something else, I guess in the states the screen wraps you around and its a better visualization

Please if you could expand on this a bit more?

I'd been to both Cinemas in Santiago and Santo Domingo with 3D + 2D showings and the same for the US, Canada, UK and Japan. So far my "personal" and "actual" experience in all showings was exactly the same for all the ones I viewed!

Where is this "screen wrapping" and better "Visualization" you mention as lacking in the DR showing up?

Please do tell me so that I could spot them too!

;)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Please if you could expand on this a bit more?

I'd been to both Cinemas in Santiago and Santo Domingo with 3D + 2D showings and the same for the US, Canada, UK and Japan. So far my "personal" and "actual" experience in all showings was exactly the same for all the ones I viewed!

Where is this "screen wrapping" and better "Visualization" you mention as lacking in the DR showing up?

Please do tell me so that I could spot them too!

;)
I think he means IMax...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.............The 3D is frustrating, because it's completely clear the 3D effects are ideally suited for an IMAX screen, not the small screen of sala 1......
Which theater and sala in Santo Domingo would be best to view this film?

I saw A Christmas Carol in 3D at Cinema Centro on the Malecon. I thought the 3D effects were pretty good.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
While all the article is true, I still found 3 hours of rapture being engrossed in the film.

It's worth putting politics aside for an incredible journey.

I for one can separate real life from fantasy.

Great film overall if you leave politics at the door.

But gotta see it in 3D.

Oh I'll see it eventually. My usual routine is (tapping elbow) to wait for it to come around on cable but I might just break down and go see it in 3D.

"Pardon do you have a checkroom for politics?"

"Qu??"

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Oh I'll see it eventually. My usual routine is (tapping elbow) to wait for it to come around on cable but I might just break down and go see it in 3D.

"Pardon do you have a checkroom for politics?"

"Qu??"
Break down, bro. It HAS to be seen in 3D. That is half the awe-factor of it.