Status of Single Envelope Mailed to the D.R.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

Wells Fargo is sending me a new debit card before my present one expires. Unbelievably, they appear incompetent to follow stand international mail procedures: a. They cannot tell me the name of the courier, b. They have no tracking number, c. They say that it will be delilvered by the "post office," which, in essence, does not exist in the D.R. I have escalated my case three levels and made a final complaint. At no level was anyone able to provide me with a tracking number or to tell me the name of the shipper. Kafkaesque.

They are shipping to my local address. My street number is obscured and it is doubtful to me that I will receive my card. With zero contacct information, Plan B doesn't exist.

If this procedure fails, I could have Wells Fargo send my card to a family member in the U.S., then that family member could ship it to me. I use two courier services: Vimenpaq and Domex.

But what is the status of sending a single envelope rather than a package? Can it be done? Or should I have someone put the card in a box? And what happens when the box is opened at La Aduana and Vimenpaq requests that I upload an invoice, and there isn't one? To say nothing of someone stealing the card (but not activated).

What is your advice?? Thanks as always.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What address did you supply to Wells Fargo on your account?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have one of those very close to me. If Domex didn't deliver to my house I would definitely give them a shot.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I googled. I don't see that EPS is any different from the services I'm now using. Plus, they have no U.S. contact information, so I can't easily ask a question. My question is: Can courier services handle single envelopes versus packages?
I have had packages smaller than envelope sizes so I don't see why it wouldn't come through. Problem is that some couriers will not allow a credit or debit card. I bypassed that by having my friend send it in a package with the card hidden in one of the items. It got through.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Even if your street number is clearly visible, chances that it will arrive to a local address here in the DR are slim. Put it hidden in a box with something else and send it here with a courier.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Mail Boxes Etc.

I use them for mail and BM Cargo for packages. No problems with either. For whatever reason I don't understand, BM Cargo says they can't accept mail.
Unless they recently changed, I received a letter mailed to my BM Cargo address not too long ago. Letters take a LONG TIME. Not recommended. Put letters in a box.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Citibank sent me one via FedEx and another time via DHL to CPS office. With tracking. Didn't even charge me.
Citibank is of course better than Wells Fargo

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
Hello All,

Wells Fargo is sending me a new debit card before my present one expires. Unbelievably, they appear incompetent to follow stand international mail procedures: a. They cannot tell me the name of the courier, b. They have no tracking number, c. They say that it will be delilvered by the "post office," which, in essence, does not exist in the D.R. I have escalated my case three levels and made a final complaint. At no level was anyone able to provide me with a tracking number or to tell me the name of the shipper. Kafkaesque.

They are shipping to my local address. My street number is obscured and it is doubtful to me that I will receive my card. With zero contacct information, Plan B doesn't exist.

If this procedure fails, I could have Wells Fargo send my card to a family member in the U.S., then that family member could ship it to me. I use two courier services: Vimenpaq and Domex.

But what is the status of sending a single envelope rather than a package? Can it be done? Or should I have someone put the card in a box? And what happens when the box is opened at La Aduana and Vimenpaq requests that I upload an invoice, and there isn't one? To say nothing of someone stealing the card (but not activated).

What is your advice?? Thanks as always.
As you state, it sounds like Wells Fargo is the culprit. They certainly can tell you the courier they use and a tracking number is generated as soon as your new card is prepared. Despite what courier they use in the States (My bank uses Purolator) the envelope is normally handed over to UPS here in the DR. Then the trouble starts. Your address doesn't exist, they zip code is wrong, no street by that name etc. etc. You will need the tracking number and the local courier number here to start even getting close to receiving your card. Without the tracking number I wish you luck. I have been there and done that more than once, always with the same runaround. Call your bank. Your time is wasting sitting at home waiting.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
As you state, it sounds like Wells Fargo is the culprit. They certainly can tell you the courier they use and a tracking number is generated as soon as your new card is prepared. Despite what courier they use in the States (My bank uses Purolator) the envelope is normally handed over to UPS here in the DR. Then the trouble starts. Your address doesn't exist, they zip code is wrong, no street by that name etc. etc. You will need the tracking number and the local courier number here to start even getting close to receiving your card. Without the tracking number I wish you luck. I have been there and done that more than once, always with the same runaround. Call your bank. Your time is wasting sitting at home waiting.
Unless it is sent by UPS from the states, UPS wouldn't be handling it here. INPOSDOM handles regular mail delivery here in the DR.